Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Showing all 37,867 reviews
Fast pace and fun work environment. Needed some adjustments and improvements.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTSeptember 22, 2019
A typical day at work would start off with announcements and stretches. Managers would give us feed back from the previous day and tell us what we need to do to be better.

After announcements and stretches we get our pick list and pick packages from the list to stage or load vans.

Hardest part of the job was during the holidays and big sale days, like Prime Day. On these days the warehouse would receive lots of volume. This made the warehouse jammed pack and hard to move about the warehouse.
Pros
Work hours. Great part time job with very good pay.
Fast-paced but fun place to work at with a management team that is always willing to assist in any way they can.
Central Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 22, 2019
Amazon was a great business to help associates grow and accept more responsibilities as time went on. There were always loads of training opportunities and the work environment encouraged employees to have fun while at work by supplying calendar activities and free food and drink on occasion.
Pros
Game room, free food, great management, flexible hours, paid time off, etc.
Cons
Limited hours, loud work environment, etc.
Good over all company !!
Packer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 22, 2019
I had a good experience working here, the company is over all a good place to work. I would love to go back in a couple years to work for the company again.
Ok sometimes boring
Amazon Associate (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTSeptember 22, 2019
Amazon prime at Whole Foods is ok boring at times. It’s feast or famine with these jobs. Sometimes you get a lot of hours and sometimes you get none. Sometimes it is very busy and sometimes is very slow.
Learn a lot, work a lot. Life balance not great.
Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 22, 2019
Amazon is a high-stress work environment. Managers will continuously pile on more work if it is deemed necessary for the company. Great place if putting your head down to work gives you satisfaction. Not a great place if a social environment is what you like.
stressful
Operation specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 22, 2019
very stressful, no commucation too many hours no family life , to many people in the wrong roll , hours were long lack of discipline to associates Great place if you like to work a lot
Pros
beneifts
Cons
management
expecting a robot rather than an employee
Inbound Stowing (Current Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOSeptember 22, 2019
There is a ton of walking and they micro manage employees to the extreme.
HR is ineffectual and not very responsive to the local employees. there was little to no information given at the time of hiring regarding benefits or anything.
Pros
fairly decent price on benefits
Cons
lots of walking to get to a breakroom for your one and only break and back to your work station.
maybe ok for students/people not needing a lot of money
Part Time Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 22, 2019
I was promised at least 3 hours a day of work for my part time position. I was lucky to get 2.5 hours. Work was strenuous and I was really close to hurting myself through moving heavy packages on the receiving lines. Stretches were done at the beginning of every shift, but it wasn't enough. Management was extremely young and inexperienced and there was definite favoritism.
Management does not have standard processes to follow
Maintenance Facilities, Lead Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2019
Manager turnover is high; when a new manager takes over project priority changes, processes change - new manager means new rules. My particular manager with JLL does not appreciate employee ideas or suggestions.
okay
Amazon Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXSeptember 22, 2019
Worked 12 hours shifts. had 4 days on and 3 off. I arrived at work, we through security and had to put my things in the locker. They started with a meeting to let us know what we will be doing for that day. We went to our stations and did our job. The thing I dislike the most was our lunch started and we had to walk far to the break room and that took up most of our time.
Pros
4 days on and 3 days off
Cons
short breaks
Amazon has good health insurance and competitive pay
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Chester, VASeptember 22, 2019
We have great health insurance benefits. The pay is good for those starting out but seems to lack for pay appreciation for those working there 5 or more years.
Overall
Fullfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2019
Fair place to work with balance and benefits. Environment was ok. They gave us prizes. Snack and meals on holidays and randomly. Pay was great. Hours were low as part time
Fun workplace
Amazon Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILSeptember 22, 2019
it was a fun and exciting place to work. the people was awesome and funny to work with. driving the forklifts was fun to drive and going 30 ft in the air was fun
fun workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVSeptember 22, 2019
The hardest part of the job is the standing up part but I did lerarn how to do a lot of things at amazon. It is never a dull moment I love learning new things and I was always being taught something new.
No sick time
Amazon Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 22, 2019
You cant easily transfer shifts or request days off. They make you use your time for everything. It doesnt matter if you have a note from the hospital saying you cant work or not.you have to use your time.
Great
Seasonal Sorter (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 22, 2019
Had a great experience I've learned slot about people and there positions and how the company is ran but overall it was OK I would work for the company again
Amazon Review
Order Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kent, WASeptember 22, 2019
Amazon review was not the line of work I expected. The work was very demanding with standing. Was not allowed to move from the 5 feet of the line in which i worked. Breaks was 10 minutes but break room was a 12 minutes walk so no way can make it to break room to even enjoy the break. No food or drink allowed on the floor. Everything to enter or leave the building was patted down by woman which was uncomfortable for me. Felt almost like being a slave was not paid enough to be treated this way. I have a medical condition that I need to eat or I have a drop in my sugar levels, this job would not allow me to eat even with my doctors note.
Pros
Paid the bills
Cons
Worked grave yard
Great place for seasonal work
Sorter/Packer/recieving (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PASeptember 22, 2019
Was seasonal here 3x. Great place with good pay. Everything is cut and dry tgey train u...then u do ur job. They never ask u to do something u don't kno and are very supportive of reaching your goal...overall not a bad place.
Pros
Good pay, culture
Cons
Most start seasonal
Different buildings are different, this one is more fast pace, but challenging.
Packer (Current Employee) –  5094, 5050 W Mohave St, Phoenix, AZ 85043September 22, 2019
I used to love working for amazon but changed a lot of their systems and now everyone is basically competing with each other. The work is a fast pace, I'm a packer and the rate that you have to be at is high and you can talk without it going down.
work life balance
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INSeptember 22, 2019
There are some great managers that work here and some managers that one is not really sure how they got into that position. But I am confident that is with any organization.

You have to manage your work life balance otherwise Amazon will suck the life out of you until there is nothing left. Plan and manage your work life balance and stick to it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.

511.3K