American Express Global Business Travel

American Express Global Business Travel Employee Reviews

Very interesting company with which to work.

Being at the onsite in which I was placed I learned very much about the inner workings of the Executive Branch of the U.S. Government. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that the clients, being U.S. Government employees and elected officials, were in essence my subordinates and in actuality were working for me.

Pros

An education in grace and favor.

Cons

People actually are as stupid as you think they are.

co workers are great

it was nice, would recommend, great benefits, loved my clients, working from home great in bad weather, 401k great benefit, management changed a lot but all very nice

Pros

co workers

Cons

weather in all seasons

Muy buen ambiente y el mejor jefe que he tenido nunca.

Experiencia profesional muy positiva. Grandes compañeros, grandes cuentas, grandes clientes y grandes partners.

Pros

Muchos beneficios sociales para empleados

Cons

Procesos internos lentos.

Great Benefits.

Great company to work for, the PTO benefits are beyond outstanding. People with over 25 years have up to 10 weeks off with a week of bought PTO. I believe you get 4 weeks in your first year. Sick time is also separate from PTO. There are tons of opportunities for advancement, if you are good at your job. Outstanding work/life balance.The only negative is that they lay people off frequently but they will bring you back once they are rehiring, again, provided you are/were good at your job.

Pros

PTO and Benefits

Cons

Frequent Layoffs

Best people and great company culture.

This is a stellar company to work for and has a great inclusive culture. The work is a little mundane and monotonous and there’s often many hoops to jump to get work done (as can be expected from a company this large), but you will never meet more committed people. Everyone who works here is smart and friendly. Definitely not a dog-eat-dog culture. The work life balance is ridiculously good - rarely do you work late. But this comes with a pretty low compensation package.

Pros

Work life balance, health benefits, PTO policy (including buying more time)

Cons

Horribly poor and below market salaries, sometimes unstimulating work and a lot of very poor internal processes.

Not happy here at all

We were bought by Amex GBT. We were from a company where we worked in small teams, we were valued employees, our higher ups respected work life management, leaders who were one on one with the agents, amazing training, superior support, and out of this world technology…. To a big box company who could care less about the front line agents or even their clients. There is little to no communication with employees or clients. No hands on training, we are just tossed things and told do it. No support from leaders. We are tossed new technology that is constantly down or doesn’t work the same for every group of people as the other (think heart shaped cookie cutter and expect a snowman shaped cookie to fit without breaking). Instead of having a team back end, the agents are now having to use tools that add more steps to a reservation/ exchange process, and what should take 10 min start to finish takes at least 30, assuming all the tools are working properly, all the while having to keep call times low, keep our lines open, answer emails, and soon to be working chats. We are also tossed on to other accounts with little to no training on those accounts and are expected to handle them flawlessly. At the same time we are messaged by our ‘team mates’ to take our ‘dedicated account calls’ There is no rhyme or reason at all to how the company is working. We spent a year training on different tools (basically tossed links and told to start - with no support) and accounts (joke training) , only for implementation to always be delayed and we were expected to keep up the skills on our own -

Cons

Just about everything, unfortunately

Good company job straightforward

I loved working for the company training isn't the best but you have people on your team to help and teach you. Good benefits and fast responses from management

Pros

working from home and schedule

Cons

being the only closer sometimes

Flexible work environment

It’s a great company overall. Some staff that has been there over 20 years do have entitlement over time off. Has some stressful moments but it’s manageable.

Pros

Generous time off and great benefits. Extra 5 days after 5 years

Cons

Seniority issues. Low raises

Great customers, latchkey management

The customers are great, generally polite and patient. The training is random, going into minute detail in some subjects but completely absent in others. Some part of the many systems are usually down. There is no practice before you start, no calls you can listen to. Many processes that should be automated simply aren't. Wfh is a great bonus, flexible breaks a big plus and it's pretty easy to get pto. Does not pay enough. No consistent shift bids. Management is basically mia. So long as you have done phone work before, you'll be ok. Awesome benefits.

Pros

Benefits, pto, good customers

Cons

Management/training mia

Disorganized and mismanaged, unnecessarily stressful

Agents responsible for overwhelming number of accounts simultaneously, account information is not organized in a way to make this possible, unorganized and chaotic at best, management does not consult with agents to determine best practices, callers spend inordinate amount of time on calls due to data entries not being uniform, non stop tech issues, agent tools poorly designed with constant glitches, morale is low, those who can are jumping ship, unnecessarily stressful.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Exorbitantly expensive healthcare, huge deductible, unnecessarily stressful, disorganized, important account info unorganized, info difficult to locate, endless tech issues

Management is like dictator

Overall is good but the Sr. management is full of politics, I was going great and good, but the haters who are really sycophants to managers, framed and disguised me willingly and they jealousies to my achievements.So I became a victim of politics and have asked to leave.I recommend other job seekers not to Join this company, untill the current management and stake holders doesn't change.

Best Corporate Travel Company

Last position I had was with group air. Lost my position due to Covid and they offered me to return however I moved to out to a rural area durning the pandemic and did not have the nessaray internet speed to support their VoIP phone system.

Management is supportive and wants you to succeed

I worked for Amex GBT for over 15 years. Management was always supportive and encouraged personal and professional development. Stress level high during busy seasons, but that's the nature of working in a call center. Worked from home, company supplied all equipment and paid for internet service. Although work was remote, still felt as part of a team and communicated with coworkers daily. Coworkers supported each other, truly teamwork. I resigned for another opportunity, but would work for Amex GBT again if the right position came along.

Pros

Supportive leaders and coworkers

Cons

High stress due to call center environment

Great work experience and the management staff was terrific to work for.

It was a pleasure working for this company and made my job easy and very productive. Completed projects in record time because I loved the position so much.

Pros

Flexible lunch and can work with little or no supervision.

Cons

No cons. Only thing I want my job back.

Productive and fun place

The fact that it is remote makes a difference in when you want to pick up a new job. The interview went well, and the company so far seems fair and exceptional.

Benefits

Cons

Na right now

Bad management but amazing coworkers who had your back

As an employee of AMEX GBT for a long time, I saw many changes but the worst was the joint venture in 2014. Management wasn't really fair and many people left.

Pros

Working remotely from home

Cons

high turnaround in management team

Pas de stabilité en Finances

La Société est en changement continue et elle ne permet pas un développement propre. Depuis quelques années la haute direction n'a pas d'objectif clair et elle met beaucoup de stress sur les employés du au changements sans sense ou sans préparation.

Pros

ambiance

Cons

salaire trop bas

Not what is used to be

Like most companies they keep asking for more, more, more with little or no training and definitely no additional pay. Management is so out of touch with the actual process of making a travel reservation that they don't understand what they are asking isn't possible or actually good for the client. Management is so obsessed with the answer the call at all costs mentally that the actually service provided suffers. You're put in situations where you answer calls from accounts you don't know. The customer is not dumb, they know.No raises for 2 year and prior to covid very minimal. Pre covid raises did not cover the cost of living increase. Minimal raises at best. Good benefits and vacation time but that's about it.

Benefits

Cons

Management is out of touch with what their agents do

Salary and management

Salary is comparable to other TMCs. Management stays busy. Unable to obtain responses. A little unorganized. Typically do not have the appropriate people in the right places.

Pros

Work from Home

Cons

No time off

Virtual Travel counselor

It all depends on your account and manager if you will like the position. Many managers play favorites. Worked here almost 15 years pre-Covid and it was pretty much indentured servitude. Pay increases was never guaranteed unless you're in the top 10% in the company or "teachers pet." Then MAYBE you'll get a 5% raise which is nothing. They don't even match 5% 401k anymore. PTO and work life balance are great reasons to work here but be prepared to work hard when you're back. Benefits are ok with ability to purchase a week of vacation time plus 10 sick days a year. Not sure if anything changed since being laid off due to Covid. Only way to get a decent raise is to leave and work for a competitor (then come back). I had a manager tell me that after denying me a cost of living increase right before he left LOL! The irony. Overall a decent job/company. Mostly for bored housewives as my spouse once told me.

Pros

Travel related perks, great work life balance, good PTO, ok benefits, 401k

Cons

Some days you just wanna walk away, subpar salary, you need to be the best of the best to get a cost of living pay increase, raises not guaranteed with most being under 3%

Fun workplace

Though we had work pressure but the management was very helpful. Most important is that job security and fun at workplace. Great company to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express Global Business Travel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• American Express Global Business Travel
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?