American Express

American Express Employee Reviews

Showing all 8,245 reviews

Extremely on going learning

At Amex the work environment is exciting and challenging. Working with different cultures and different business aspects and stakeholders. Extensive learning and fast pact with multitasks orientation. It is the best best place for career development

Basic Corporate America Job

Management is not very good at doing their job, However pay and benefit makes up for the lack of leadership. Overall Amex is no different from your typical corporate america job where many people are trying to climb the ladder and to get anywhere you have to have no work/life balance.

La mejor empresa para trabajar

Aunque mi estancia fue corta —por temas personales que me obligaron a dejarlo—, puedo decir que es una de las mejores empresas. Cultura laboral colaborativa, promoción constante, buenas prestaciones.

Pros

Seguro médico, vales, horarios flexibles

Great Place to work with numerous opportunities

Typical day involved accepting outbound calls and successful execution on either completing and reconciling accounts or setting up promises to pay between the organization and the customer.

Super experience

Années excitantes malgré les charges de travail.Belle entreprise

Amex Tech is a good start

Decent for tech if it's your first step into the space. Get in, get some experience, then move on to a real tech company and make some real money. It's tough to build anything great at Amex due to the poor infrastructure.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Pay is below market

Great company to learn but they have not evolved and people are leaving.

I have spent more than 10 years at Amex. I have learned many new skills but I was not given the opportunity to grow as I expected in my career. Probably my fault and my leaders' lack of sponsorship.The environment is positive and flexible but too many politics in a complicated matrix-oriented organization are the perfect combination of factors to slow down every decision and change.The salaries are not great, that is why lots of people are leaving.

Pros

Positive environment

Cons

Low salaries

Amex

Plutôt une mauvaise expérience mais bon on peux pas goût à voir

Pros

9€

Cons

Je n’ai pas aimé

Productive Workplace

Working at American Express was a wonderful experience. I would say among the top jobs I have ever had. The people were wonderful, very easy job and beautiful surroundings and chefs!

Wonderful

Pros

Cons

N/a

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at American Express?

Fun Environment, Overwhelming work load

This is temporary transition job. They absolutely do not care about their employee's. They have a high turnover rate, and there is no guarentee of full time work. Work at your own risk.

Pros

Fun environment

Cons

short breaks

Have to be quick

You don’t have the time to rest a second it’s a non stop à la chaîne work. The work itself is good but you need to speed up.There are a lot of customers calls and less employee.

Benefits

Cons

Non stop work

It started out great, but that started to change in 2017...

The bad news:Starting in 2017, too much emphasis was placed on sales quotas. In short, this started out as a true customer service position, and ended up a true sales job. Also, they offshored or placed some jobs back into the brick-and-mortar U.S. centers, for quite a bit of the U.S.-based virtual team (check out the careers page: you'll see very few jobs for U.S. employees are virtual now, most are in the brick-and-mortar centers, and even some of the virtual jobs are limited to states with centers). The ironic aspect of this change: this started to happen about a year or so before the pandemic. Moving up is tricky in the virtual side, as well. If you want to be a team lead, or a training coach, for example, you'll likely be in that position as "interim". So, at any time, management can require an interim leader to go back on the phones, regardless of how long they've been away from the direct customer care position. Some people were interim for months, some for years. In addition, that individual will receive absolutely no refresher training, and very little notice. This exact scenario happened to one of my leaders in 2018 ("leader" is plural, because I was moved to several different teams, due to schedule bids, and sometimes restructuring, but the good news was: I worked well with every one of my leaders). Schedule bids would happen about every few years, and they had already announced that they would switch from the bids being awarded based on a mix of tenure and metrics, to just metrics (again, see above, sales became THE most important metric). In addition, -

Pros

Work-life balance, generous PTO, overall benefits, my team leaders and colleagues.

Cons

Sales quotas, metrics, not enough permanent growth opportunities, job security on U.S. virtual side, high-deductible medical insurance.

Empresa sería en todos los sentidos

Sin trampa ni cartón , lo que ofrecen lo cumplen si cumples con los objetivos,

Pros

Sabes que cobras

Cons

Según quien sea tu supervisor puedes tirar la toalla

A very stable company where you can be sure you will keep your job if you perform

I would have liked to retire at American Expres, but my department was eliminated. I didn’t have an opportunity to work in the field I had gone to school for and that American Express had paid part of as well. It was bittersweet when they offered me a package

Pros

Stable, reputable company

Cons

Difficult to advance or change paths even when they helped with tuition reimbursement

Horrible work environment. No support constant changes that are not thought out prior to implmentation causing customer and employee dissatisfaction

The worst job I have ever had. The worst leaders I have ever dealt with. Work environment is toxic with constant negativity from team leader and poor performance on fulfilling benefits promited to customers.

Pros

Cons

No support, impossible to use pto due to so many restrictions, no work life balance

Customer Care Pro

pretty good job, good pay and pto is pretty nice, great work life balance , calls arent too bad and training is very in depth just to ensure you are ready

Pros

pay, pto, benefits

Cons

short breaks

Decent pay, position requires a lot of patience.

Most customers in the travel department are very nice compared to customer service, however this position requires a lot of patience as you will be required to spend up to a couple of hours handling certain travel inquiries. You don’t get to pick your schedule and may be stuck working nights.

The pay was great

Benefits are great, but the amount of work and the amount of constant changes not so great! Work life balance is not upTo par. They will not work with you on schedules. They do not care. Favoritism is a thing.

Excellent place to work

Great people, experienced and ethical managers. Loved my experience here. The colleagues I had were helpful and kind. The schedule was flexible and family friendly.

Pros

Creative problem solving is encouraged

Cons

Hard to win a fulltime position

Great support from peers.

Great work culture however overall compensation is behind the times. Work life balance is good as company is generous with PTO. Opportunities to advance are available if interested in career path in customer service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8K