Ameriprise Financial

Ameriprise Financial Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,424 reviews

Fast Paced workplace

Develop your business with great assistance from company Fun workplace. Hardest part of the job was learning procedures and meeting expectations in short period of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with clients and developing sound financial plans.

Pros

Great company with a broad view and solid future plans

Cons

Expect long working hours

Good company. Lots of opportunities if you look for them.

Good company. Lots of opportunities if you look for them. For a call center agent, don't expect that this is a job like working for the cable company or utilities, or something repetitive. It's complex problem-solving that we do because it's financial services. Financial processes and products are inherently complex. The great news is that you can come into something and build a nice career with NO experience. If you have a good attitude, even if New Hire Training is tough, you can make it and be happy. If you enjoy the idea of providing customer servide to Financial Advisors who are helping people build wealth and helping them with challenging situations that life brings them related to money, then this is a great job for you. Advisors are not always easy to deal with, but most are pretty nice if they know you don't just want to get them off the phone, and you really want to fix their problem. If you need something that you can "get down" in three to six months and feel like you have if figured out, you will not be happy in this job. It takes a year to two years to feel like you are starting to figure things out. You must be devoted to hanging in there, and if you are, then you'll find that the work is really rewarding.

Pros

Supportive Leadership

Cons

Complex industry that takes a lot of time and patience to learn, leadership can miss the forest for the trees sometimes.

Most advisors are nice except for a couple of them. Co-workers are great and love the culture.

I work as a practice manager.Lots of drama and most advisors are professional and nice.If you get stuck with one bad advisor, it makes it hard to enjoy working for the company.The management lacks; no growth.

Pros

Most people are nice.

Cons

pay, stress and lack of management

Great company to work for but puts business first

Loved working for this company until the pandemic. Return to office was poorly handled, safety was not a priority whether it be downtown Minneapolis safety or virus safety. Employees were forced to be in office with HR monitoring badge swipes and reporting if employees didn't go in. VPs are also getting an additional incentive for enforcing return to office. All of that aside, being a big company, some teams are great to work for and be on and others are more stressful.

Left me hanging

Was a top employee for years, made a mistake and they came after me. No regard for your safety in downtown. Great people to work with but upper management seems out of touch

Run away

Ameriprise has a culture of sucking everything you can out of people; whether employees of the firm or clients of the firm. As an employee, if you go above and beyond, they will keep adding work to your plate without adding compensation. As a client, they want to find any avenue to syphon any revenue/commission as possible.

Pros

Takes thinking out of the equation... if you like that

Cons

Too many to list

Tough but exciting

Long hours and tons of paperwork. I would still be there were it not for an emergency. Best work I've ever done. Very helpful management team. Flexible hours.

Pros

Frequent company lunches

Great people

The best thing about working at Ameriprise was the culture and people. There is a very collaborative and supporting work environment. Many of the team members are tenured, experienced employees.

Pros

Cons

Lack of career growth, lower pay than industry

Great Benefits - Low Leadership Morale

The company has dynamic benefits health insurance, dental insurance, 401K, and others are competitive and responsive! At Ameriprise, you won’t find inclusivity unless you are status quo and white male. Management is driven by high bonuses and control. Overall, Ameriprise is not a forward leading/innovative company; however, they are very structured and metric driven which is a plus.

location

Management is terrible. HR say you can come to them with confidential information but this is not true. The department I worked in everyone was stressed and the manager talked to you like a child and HR did nothing.

Pros

location

Great place to jumpstart Financial Services career

If you're fresh out of college and want to pursue a career in FINANCIAL ADVISING, this is the company for you. It's a good place to be exposed to the finance industry and corporate office culture for the first time.I was on fairly small teams, so I didn't feel like a number. They offer a good amount of PTO and sick time and it was fairly easy to request those when needed. I'd say the best part about working here was the set schedule with weekends and holidays off.Most of my leaders throughout my time at Ameriprise actually cared for me and my growth (or were at least convincing enough to show that they cared). It was actually encouraged to move up in your career and take on bigger roles. However, if you think you can go from working the phones (it's pretty much a call center job) to being an analyst at this company, forget about it.Do NOT work here if you can't handle being in a sales role or working in a call center environment. Also don't work here if you can't commit to studying outside of work for your licensing—you're going to be miserable.

Pros

Pto, Weekends Off, Bonuses, Small Office Culture

Cons

Sales Role, Call Center Job

Not lot of room for growth

Working in the back office you really have a set pay and not a lot of room for growth. However this is just one firm I am reviewing and each are different

I would definitely recommend Ameriprise.

Great company to work for. I don't feel over worked. Managers are not trying to use you to get a promotion... Benefits are great. Salary needs help but not complaining.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

PTO is awesome

Very poor communication. Everyone is lost

Communication is always key to a successful business. But this place needs a lot of work. I have never worked at a place where in order to do you job you need to do this but you can't because the owner stops you in your tracks. Then you no longer want to do that job nectarine you know it's pointless.

Pros

Other employees there are great to work with

Cons

There owner does not know how to run a successful business, employees retention sucks

Opportunity to own your business, good training in all facets of business.

Ameriprise affords the opportunity to fully understand the process of owning and managing financial business. To succeed an individual needs to be a self starter, motivated, and have excellent sales and marketing skills. Understanding financial markets can be learned, motivation and the skill sets required to be a self-stater can not.

Pros

Opportunity to own business experienced management

Cons

Unfortunately, those that cannot succeed as a broker gravitate to management.

Not good training

Very hands off training and does not pay well. Worked for an independent team and they were not familiar with bringing new employees on the team. Independent firms will vary from team to team

Great place to work.

Excellent place to work, lots of room for growth. Management is very helpful & courteous, anytime a technical issue arises tech support is an easy phone call away & eager to help.

Great company!

No complaints, great company, highly recommend. I was treated very fairly and the compensation was above average. Great benefits, great management, great company.

Pros

compensation, solid company

Cons

a bit stressful, high expectations

Dont work there

I worked for a franchise, I got hired, told me there was room to grow, in less then a month the told me they had to let me go because they hired a second position and they would be able to do the job. They use people as a place holder until someone else comes along. I guess this one has a high turn over rate, I would not recommend.

Pros

Cons

No lunch break

Overall Great Company

Ameriprise is a great company! The management is great and over all the company cares for their employees. They offer great benefits and there is a lot of opportunity for advancement if you work hard for it!

Pros

Pay Benefits

Client associate

Very rewarding job with great growth potential. Depends on what team you land on. Great management and very little micromanaging. But I stress, it depends on what team you land on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ameriprise Financial. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Ameriprise Financial
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?