Bank of America

Bank of America Employee Reviews

Showing all 30,917 reviews

Great company to kicktstart career development

Bank of America is filled with infinite ways to develop anyone professionally into a career driven individual. You will learn so much while working here.

Not great

This job is great if you want to just continue TRY to meet unattainable goals. Management is rarely helpful, and act like they move mountains when it’s a small basic request. You are chained to a desk, and every second of your day is monitored. You are questioned if you use too much bathroom time. If you can be micromanaged, the opportunity to make money is there.

Pros

Money

Cons

Short breaks, micromanaged, bad management

Don't do it

You will be required to work 6 days a week no rotation no flexibility. Banker compensation is minimum for the company so you'll do much more work for less money

Supportive, good pay, excellent benefits.

Great place to work.Bankers hours provided stability.Great pay.Supportive of your personal life.Benefits allow a lot of flexibility.Still a corporate company, but not quite as overbearing as others.

Pros

Supportive, good pay, excellent benefits.

Cons

Frequent policy changes, some being counter-intuitive to the job.

Pay is low and bonuses are low

Work is not bad once you learn everything and get comfortable with clients but the salary was terrible just as bad as the bonuses as a Relationship Banker, I made more in the wireless industry. Unfortunately, I had terrible management in one of the busiest locations in Fort Worth, made fake rules, and would lie to get her way and if you didn't know any better you would believe it.

Stable hours

Management was always changing and policies and procedures were inconsistent. Dealing with customers can be a challenge. Environment could be stressful.

Excellent company with great benefits

Bank of America is an excellent company to work for. They have the highest minimum wage of all banks in the country. Plus, the benefits are pretty spectacular. They give you options for dental, vision, and medical insurance coverage. They work with you if you need to work from home or take time off. The management is really good as well. People care here and it makes you feel like you’re part of a team.

Pros

-Company’s min. wage is $21/hour -min. Wage is set to increase to $25/hour by 2025., -quarterly incentive bonuses, -great management, -weekly calls to help you learn and grow in your job, -hands on training

Cons

-difficult to get a pay raise approved.

stressful place to work

if you are a teenager you will probably enjoy working here. I found it extremely stressful with the emphasis on hard selling. My colleagues were all under the same stress so led for a tense team. All management were interested in was sales figures and if you didn't get the goals there were consequences. i eventually left after becoming ill with stress and depression as were a number of my team

Pros

Cons

long hours, tense atmosphere, constantly stressed

I enjoyed working for Bank of America formerly MBNA

It was a challenge going from MBNA to Bank of America but I was a good hardworking employee so it make the transition perfect for me !The company cares about the employees exceeding! They were very fair with me because I am an excellent employee!

Pros

Perfect experience

Cons

Nothing negative to say !

benefits good thats it

benefits good that's it , people were okay management terrible and the pay was okay they gave a decent raise in 2019 but bonuses were taken afterwards...

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bank of America?

Productive and fun place to work

Great learning experience working there. Would recommend if your looking to get into the banking business. Benefits were very good. Support from management was as well.

Great place to start a career!

I loved working for BofA! Managers were great! Pay and benefits were awesome!.Think they still have a gym at the the Chandler location which was great. Overall think it’s a great place to work!

Pros

Work life balance, Great managers over all the company has the best interest in their employees, and best benefits you’ll ever find out there!

Cons

Needs better training, no remote, and also I didn’t like how you had to place bids for your PTO.

Great benefits

Great company to work for overall. Beautiful campus, tons of meetings and clubs to get involved it. Very unique and rewarding company to work for. Benefits were incredible.

Solid work culture for such a large company. They do seem to care vs other large companies

Bank of America has been a great place to work and grow in the financial industry. Specifically in the retail sector. Typical pros and cons. Decent pay. High stress

Pros

Pay is competitive and good benefits. 16 weeks paid paternity is nuts

Cons

Staffing is getting brutal

It’s not what you know, it’s who you know. The culture is not based on merit.

Get in good with the managers or else it will take years to get promoted. They want you to give 100% and they can give you 25%. They will promote friends and favorites

Certain team members were supportive, but others were pit against each other.

Great stepping stone for entry level person, not as good for a seasoned executive. As with any company, you must find your support system for work from others.

Pros

Healthcare and other company benefits

Cons

Management of certain teams

Good place to start

loved working there only bad thing is that they change a lot regarding terms of the client ang regulations. overall pay was good but they make it seem you can make a lot of money but you really need to put work in or ot to see that $$

Pros

good base pay and benefits

Cons

commission pay lots of hard work and ot

Great company

Awesome benefits plenty of vacation time opportunities to move around. Metrics can be overwhelming and unrealistic but overall they care about their employees

Pros

Work life balance. Offers more time off than any company I know to make sure you don’t get worn out

Cons

Unrealistic metrics and low increase for promotions

Ok place to work

The company is great, however its hard for people of color to get into upper mgt roles. The pay I also hard to make it on with the increase in the cost of living with the pandemic. This a great job if you live in a two income household.

Benefits

Cons

Management lack of training and attitudes

Good opportunity to get exposure and experience with investment products. Management can be horrible. It all depends on the team. Pay is subpar. So is the appreciation.

Pros

Experience. No need for experience for many of the roles

Cons

Little to no appreciation on many operations teams.

My team was supportive of each other

Diverse culture but it seems that only one culture was receiving the promotions and they were that educated. The benefits were awesome especially the education assisance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of America. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

10.5K
10K
6.7K
2K
1.7K

• Bank of America
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?