Barclays

Barclays Employee Reviews

Showing all 6,284 reviews

Productive work place.

Really good place to learn and get an overall understanding of the requirements of the banking industry. I thoroughly enjoyed working there during this placement.

Fun and Productive workplace

It was a great experience to work for a big company like Barclays. I was always very Anxious about how the process would be, how the work responsibility would come across, etc. But everything turned out to be quite satisfying. Would recommend such a company to everyone out there looking for a start of their career or a job change.

Pros

Free meal, cabs, work-life Balance

Cons

Corporate stress, long hours, management is not good all the time but it depends on your network

Work culture

Work culture is very good 3 shift are present with shift allowance which are much likeable leave are added to your account at start of the yr. Bonus are given at end of yr. WFH option is present. Over all good experience till now

Pros

Team bonding

Cons

Na

Could be better

Huge focus on diversity, so if you are not a woman, good luck getting promoted. Comp is below average as are bonuses. Typical corporate politics exist here.

What is the best part of working at the company?Day 1 benefits, good amount of paid time offWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Job security. Barclays is dwindling and departments and job sites are closing quite often. Plenty of layoffs in my time thereWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Inclusive. We had black professionals forum, celebrated all nationalities, emails sent out regularly for feedback on workplace environments and addressing of things going on nationally.

Fun

Fun place. Can be hard but also fun but then at times can be hard but also at times if can be a fun place. So in general it's fun but hard but can be fun. Enjoy.

Pros

Fun

Cons

Not fun

Productive fun place to work

Customer oriented. Good work life balance. however. As all work places there are bullies..in position power.However very much multi cultural..no child care costs however

Pros

Discount loans, mortgages depending on length of time served

Cons

Basic salary.. doesn't cover 2children child care costs.

Amazing Organization to work with

No matter the role you are at or the hierarchy, you will be recognized for your work and can apply for promotion not just within you LOB but outside as well. you get one time good meal and transportation as well

High stress

very stressful job with sales targets that don’t match well with the demographic and a lot of pressure from above. As a personal Banker it is not easy to rise the ranks - it is easier to side step into business and rise that way. so many sales targets.

Excellent Opportunity

Great company to work for! Excellent pay, excellent environment! Management is awesome and so are the trainers! everyone is there to lend helping hand

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Barclays?

Fast paced and competitive

Work culture is good. However, highly past paced job. People are paid fairly though and managers are approachable. Contractors are undoubtedly paid well but unfortunately discriminated largely from permanent staff. But overall, a great place to learn and grow. Working hours are also quiet flexible and the company encourages work -life balance.

Pros

Good pay, encouraging culture

Cons

Fast paced, high expectations

Robotic and repetitive

The culture is not good..if your face doesn't fit you are getting no where.The job itself is stressful with every other customer shouting and screaming.Tue management is least intrested

What is the best part of working at the company?It's not what i thought it was. They took 8 months to come up with an incentive program and its quarterly now the metrics are kinda insane also. Alot of micro managingWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Micro managing and silly processes not to mention the software freezes every 5 minutes and seems like they don't want to solve the problem. The system will freeze while you are on the phone with a customer and lots of times your internet thru the remote session goes out makes it hard to do your jobWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Deceptive. They will tell you one thing and do another and they are not for the employee. My manager changed positions in the first 3 months i was thereWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Glitches, glitches, and more glitches

Not a bad place to build up experience

I worked as a part time trade floor tech and it was a great experience with some minor caveats that really depended on what teams you were working with.

Forward thinking

Forward thinking company but want you to do a lot of evenings and some people take the job too seriously and you feel like you can’t completely trust your colleagues

Pros

Proactive

Cons

Evenings

Nice company

I worked there as a contractor and it was a good experience. Supporting team and great atmosphere. I enjoyed working as a complaint handler during the evening shift.

Good workplace with immense Opportunity to learn

It was amazing working in Barclays Shared Services.The work culture is good.If you are a hardworking person ,you can definitely climb up the ladder. There are multiple opportunities of ups killing yourself by signing up for free courses.If you are someone who is willing to learn and grow in life,this is the place for you.

Pros

Free lunch and transportation, salary on time and supportive environment

Cons

Good company culture. Salary is market standard. Get appreciation on ur work. Hybrid work so you can work few days from home. Need improvement in digital transformation.

Great for professionals

I only worked here short-term in a technical role, Assistant Vice President grade, but the management and my team members were very friendly, supportive and flexible.Mostly remote working.The company likes to look after its staff and puts on special events at the campus.

Pros

Excellent salaries for professionals, very competitive.

Mixed Bag

Nice college and some good benefits, however there are still 'sales' targets and the push for online banking in an elderly area is almost impossible and above do not understand. Often short staffed as in so short staffed no lunch break was possible.

Awesome workplace!!

Barclays have integrity and respect for their employees. The benefits and bonuses was everything. Best company I ever worked for. The only reason I left was because I had family issues to handle. But I was told whenever I wanted to come back I could. And I’m in the process!

Pros

Everything!

Cons

The onboarding took over 2 months. It’s very slow to get hired.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barclays. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits