BCD Travel

BCD Travel Employee Reviews

No clarity for issues surrounding firing

I was fired after reaching the level of errors allowed resulting in being fired. But when I asked for specifics none were given. My salary was good but I would rather have had a lower salary with longevity and honesty than a higher salary and lies. Most of my coworkers were good people and were respectful, others not so much. The good far outweighed the bad. I am grateful for all I learned about people and the job.

Pros

Learned a lot about people and my job

Cons

Unfair firing practices

Average TMC

Great coworkers, no micromanaging. Be prepared to take a huge amount of calls with virtually no aftercall time to finish up. Very high pressure. Multi program processes with subpar technology. HR handbook and other employee information tools are housed in an antiquated website; click a link which opens to a pdf file instead of a modern webpage. Shift bids are always a negative.

Company treats employees as important.

They take our concerns seriously and act on them when possible. I really feel valued. Excellent work-life balance. My manager is excellent in assisting me with my career goals.

Friendly and cooperation work atmosphere

Happy to work at BCD travel. I will recommend my friend to work BCD travels.I m happy with working experience and happy to cooperation with senior staff and director.

Pros

Get together for staff birthday

Great Team

Great people from all over the country you are working with. We work as a team. Workforce is consistant. You can speak with Account Managers and Supervisors, because they have a open door policy.

Pros

Virtual

Cons

Short lunch break

BCD Has changed so much for the worse

no good management- terrible new procedures - bad place to work now terrible - no support - horrible new agent source without the tools needed to do your job well- Horrible place to work

Pros

na

Cons

bad management-bad programs- No Army account - Army should stay with Sata BCD is terrible

It’s okay

The work is pretty mind numbing and management gets hung up on corporate policies that are meaningless. I do an awful lot of fluff to justify why customers pay for us.The pay is fair and the flexibility is terrific.

Pros

Flexible schedule, remote work

Cons

A lot of useless work

No Security

This is a travel company. Full of mid levelmanagers. Micromanagers. So many self important people at the top. If your an agent, your replaceable. They laid me off due to the pandemic. Now I gave to apply to.geg my job back, even tho I am still an employee. What. The job is so boring you could pile your eyes out.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Boring, scripted, micromanged

Great Company

Love working for BCD They are very fare to employees and work hard to retain good employees. The appreciate the job you do and great benefits. I love my job and don't plan on ever leaving.

Pros

work from home

Cons

Busy, sometimes stressful, good pay and benefits

Busy. Sometimes stressful. Mostly nice, knowledgeable coworkers. Some managers better than others. Good pay and benefits. Remote job. Reasonable work hours.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Someimes stressful, training yourself most of the time

Toxic Work Environment

During training, everyone training me encouraged me to keep all my emails to "cover my back," and that should have been the biggest red flag. When a minor problem arises they are quick to point fingers instead of problem solving. It was the end of the world when a client called my personal phone and I called back 10 minutes later because I was busy doing something else and I didn't know clients could call your personal number. Higher up management is condescending and rude. They had high expectations of me despite being very new (like a couple weeks new) and not properly trained. I wouldn't trust them with any information about myself as they were talking about vaccination statuses of employees in email chains. HR is NOT your friend here. They fired me for "performance gaps", weren't able to provide where these gaps were in writing, then had the audacity to say they would "contest to any unemployment payments."The job itself I found 80% of my time was dedicated to meetings & admin work like tracking, reports, recaps, etc. leaving very little time to do what I was actually hired to do.

Excelente ambiente de trabajo, lástima que no hay posibilidades de crecimiento

Es una empresa estable, los salarios son cancelados a tiempo, la cultura esta volcando a ser màs tranquila, se trabaja muy bien, làstima que las gerencias no propician ambientes de trabajo colaborativo sino competitivo.

Cons

Hay discriminación de genero femenino

No training or work /life balance

High turnover in finance /accounting department. Don't really take care of their employees and minimum training. It was really stressful and no work life balance. Management needs to get better.

Excellent place to learn and develop soft skill focus on service

Nice place to learn about hospitality, management of different services of travel market. And if you be open to see the different process of the company can learn about all the value chain of a corporate travel agency.

Pros

Develop

Cons

Salary

Awesome company

Been with BCD since November 2000! They train very well. They supply everything you need to be a corporate Travel Consultant. The benefits, 401K, and vacation time builds quickly and you can even purchase up to 40 hours extra per year!

Call Center Sweatshop

Management continuely played favorites and talked badly about employee's including sharing personal information at the Boise Call Center location. The account I was on we dealt with admins that were rude & borderline verbally abusive. We were told to just take it & get the job done if we complained. Salaries were not fair & based on favoritism. Overall this was an extremely stressful job with little support or understanding. No flexibility regarding work - life balance.

Fun work place. Clear company goals. Good communication with management.

I worked at BCD for 20 years. I had the great fortune to work with wonderful people and made life long friends. The ability to network across multiple regions was such a great learning experience. BCD is an excellent company to work for.

Pros

Company culture. Positive environment. Great employees.

Cons

Healtcare

Good People and great management

Must place to work for and would go anywhere else plus they have great benefits and good atmosphere and loyalty at hiring back furloughed workers and award winning management

Pros

Best team

Cons

Not enough flexible tine off and hiring of furloughed employees

Worked remotely for 12 years and was a great place to work. I appreciated the CEO sending Covid updates out to the furloughed employees, made me feel like I wasn't forgotten. Inevitably, I did become a casualty of the Covid related downsizing. Greatly miss working with my team, as well as the developers and support teams.

Pros

Manager trusted our decisions

Cons

Training could be better

Buen ambiente de trabajo con capacitación constante

Excelente empresa, muy buenas prestaciones, es equitativo el trabajo con el pago, una excelente opción.

Pros

vales de despensa, uniformes

Cons

ninguna

Oppressive Environment

The account I was on motivated by punishment, and discouraged ery positive yearly reviews. They promoted some great people and too many terrible employees, who were incompetent. Once had a manager say “Just do what I tell you too do!” when they told me to do something incorrectly and I questioned it. That person was mean and incompetent. Many people went to HR about them but they remained in that position misleading and intimidating. The one Sr. VP I personally knew of was a ‘yes’ person who never advocated for or helped to pull up moral for employees.Most people in management got there because of favoritism which made life difficult for good employees. You cannot have a work/life balance in this call center. Nothing was ergonomic, the pods were tiny, keyboards compressed, regular mouse, and chairs were uncomfortably hard.Overall BCD Travel did not care about employees and did not promote based on quality...of course there were exceptions.If you are a hardworking, competent employee, look for a company that treats employees well, don’t waste time here.

Pros

You get a paycheck

Cons

Horrible Environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BCD Travel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• BCD Travel