BNY Mellon

BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

Showing all 5,002 reviews

Work atmosphere and flexibility to work.

It is a good company to settle down in career. Management provides good support and are friendly. Stable company with stable returns Quarter on Quarter, or Year on Year.

Pros

Free Food, Transportation, Employee friendly, Hybrid model of work.

Cons

Not a big pay master.

Highly stressful. Training is horrible! Not a fun place to work.

Highly stressful. Training is horrible! Three weeks. They do not train properly or long enough to prepare their people for all types of calls in real time. Instead they are rushing to place people on the phones only to have employees asking leads and managers all day for help with the customers calls in a teams chat rooms. Overall very unorganized and unprofessional. This is NOT a fun place to work. I have learned that this is not for me long term. Happiest time of the day is when it is over.

Smart people, brutal hours

Loved that I was surrounded by smart people that were driven to succeed. Hated that staff was forced to work 12+ hour days to keep upwith workload. It really depends what group you are in, they all operate very differently. Warning, when layoffs hit all your hard work may not be considered. You will just be a number. I don’t regret my time there, I learned a lot and made lasting connections but I am also glad that I made a move and that chapter is behind me.

What is the best part of working at the company?Company changed drastically in the last decade. Met some nice, smart people.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Manager was self-promoting and did not care about staff.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Toxic and poor morale when I left several years ago.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Uneven - full of wasted meetings.

Opportunity to learn and contribute value

Grateful for the opportunity to work for such a large company ! I’ve devoted many years and learned from some great people !!! I am ready to transition to the next level in my career !!

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Bureaucracy

Just don't

Stick to working in retail, it's easier and you get paid the same anyway.Management was a girls club. Everyone in senior ops management are all pals with each other and promote one another, overlooking far more qualified candidates.

Pros

Wfh

Cons

Pay, culture

Too Many Straws On The Camel's Back

Worked at BNYM in Pgh for 13 years...first 2 as a contractor then 11 as BNYM employee on same team. Job was ok at first, then the cost-cutting started around 2017...staffing was reduced while workloads and responsibilites increased with no concomitant fair increase in salary (averaging only about 1.5% yearly). I'd had enough of being disrespected and quit early in 2022. I decided that I'd rather live frugally without a job than continue being taken advantage of.

Very good company and supportive managers. I really enjoyed working in this organization. Managers are helpful and they support you in every aspect.

Terrible culture in place to work

This company has a terrible culture and some horrible people. They do absolutely nothing for their employees, and do not know how to retain talent. I do not recommend this company as a place to work.

Great place for improving analytical skills

Pay could be better. The client inquiry system is over complicating and doesn’t work productivity any efficient. Work environment is flexible during tax season when there are longer hours and get paid overtime

Friendly group

Nice group of accountants. Decent work life balance between quarter closes.Clear expectations with calendar of deliverables to clients.Fast paced environment but managers take time to train.

Really Hectic

This job is really hectic, its working for a all center and you get calls back to back with no break in between. You also are dealing with stocks, and brokers etc, which can be really hard sometimes because the brokers talk down to you sometimes and get really frustrated when youre not sure what they are talking about.

Great work environment.

Great place to work in the beginning of your career and a great place to be in. Good colleagues and amazing work atmosphere. Overall an amazing place to work.

Pros

Great environment

Cons

Lh

Horrible place to work for

Don’t apply or work there. You are just a number. They don’t care about their employees. As long as higher ups get their bonuses, nothing else matters. Without the lower staff that actually does the work, the higher ups wouldn’t get their numbers.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Bullying, poor communication

Not bas

I don't think so very great but salary no, very crowded, i hope the future thid company will be more good than before. I hope everytime will be fine.

What is the best part of working at the company?Location was at Wall StreetWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Having a terrible manager at Corporate Banking DeptWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Lazy people and no incentive to work hardWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Repetitive work and people are incline to work b/c there is no motivation in the dept

Na

BNY mellon is very good organization ro work with.Employee centric company with good work culture and environment.Additional perks and facilities are very good.

Very corporate environment

I worked there for 12 years, I liked it starting out, but in the end the best thing that happened to me was that I was laid off and realized how many other places offer better pay with a better working environment.

Pros

Cons

corporate environment

Stressful place to work.

This bank is constantly reorganizing and has been laying off its employees for the last several years. As a result, employees are overworked and often underappreciated.

Did not give me enough time to learn material

I'm really disappointed because they fired me after six days. I was learning the financial material however the computer application I had some trouble with. I think they could have gave me more time

They cut pay and don't train. Then they blame you for not performing well.

They cut your pay, and do not provide training. Management shouts and curses at you. Then they blame you for not performing well. Their technology is horrible. Their greatest achievement is a new bathroom for you know who.

benefits

Cons

no training, pay cuts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNY Mellon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • BNY Mellon
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?