British Council Employee Reviews

3.8Pay & Benefits
3.7Job Security & Advancement
Great career jump-start.
IELTS staff venue - invigilator (Current Employee) –  ManamaMarch 15, 2017
I have worked there for almost 4 years and loved every minute of it. No 2 workdays are the same, which is the best thing about this place!
I learnt classroom and time management. I also learnt how to deal with many different people from different age groups and nationalities. The British Council provides training sessions for its employees for constant development and enhancements. They respect the "hijab" and working with it of course. They also respect the fact that we have lives outside the workplace and allow us to contact family or even leave in emergencies.
Productive well balanced and Secure
Invigilator (Former Employee) –  Manama, BahrainJanuary 30, 2012
During my service at the British Council, I found my co-workers very professional and friendly. There were always instruction manuals provided during or before major events which made the work flaw smoothly most of the time. There were orientations for basically every job so you got the chance to discuss, understand and ask questions. Work always felt organized as if the company had been running and developing longer than it had.
Pros
low-price lunch
Cons
short breaks