Central Intelligence Agency

Central Intelligence Agency Employee Reviews

good place to work

I would file answer phones make books, The management was good to me the coworkers were fun to work with

Pros

benfits

Cons

stress from filing (self bought on)

Very productive work environment. Feeling of accomplishing for your country.

I went to work there as retired military. I recall being told once the Agency is as close to a military unit as any other agency which was true. You felt you were accomplishing something every day for your country. In my job I had the distinct feeling that I was protecting those I worked with. This gave me a great deal of satisfaction. Traveling the world was a plus, and the people you met & worked with has been a great memory.

Challenging but life-changing position

It was an amazing internship. I started out doing odd errands and that expanded into office desk work. While, I CANNOT give more details into my assignments than this, I am grateful for the opportunity. Unfortunately, there's not much career advancement unless you're a legacy hire.

Pros

Great benefits, plenty of assignments, attentive supervisors, free lunches

Cons

Nepotism

Learn and grow professionally

Great benefits and job security. Opportunity for advancement and training. Benefits package is great and many opportunities to travel if you want to travel.

Mission driven orgq

Had great experiences here supporting a mission I believed in. If you're an analyst or passionate about supporting US gov't mission, you'll be happy here.

Pros

Strong focus on mission, opportunities to travel and grow professionally

Cons

Rigid, archaic government thinking, the old guard needs to retire so that new perspectives and culture can take shape.

Great place to work.

Worked there for 37 years. Loved the work and people. Proud to support our country. Great opportunity for advancement and travel. Team environment.

Missing the Agency

Wish i had never left. The agency was a place that allowed employees a lot of creative flexibilty and offered much roomnto advance or transfer to otjer positions. Learning languages was promoted as well as continuing education.

Pros

Mission driven and really smart people

Cons

No cell phones in the building

Sympa

Expérience sympa, des journées pleine de surprises et de rebondissements, mais le café était pas très bon.

Stressful; bias

Stressful environment ; horrible management; bias Does not value the talented experienced employees they haveUnfair promotions / discriminationLarge turnover due to discrimination and payOver worked and under paid

National security at the highest level

Dedicated professionals addressing the questions policy makers need answered. Having the trust an confidence to make decisions and learn from honest mistakes.

Pros

Insight to what matters for our government and security.

Cons

Some questions have no answers.

Interesting Working Environment

You build a sense of purpose and pride associating with others in the agency. At the end of the day, it's still a government job with bureaucratic nuance. Hollywood definitely creates an unrealistic stigma surrounding the environment.

Job security

An opportunity to serve your country and provide for your future in great Retirement benefits. The Agency is forward thinking in many ways and strives to advance diversity.

the job was great they give free coffie and donuts

the job was great they teach you hand to hand combat and firearms train and it saved my life lots of times and i feel good when i go to work and love

Pros

respect for you

Cons

sort breaks

cia teacher cia

2008 March 4 works for service cia master sef teacher my work home street digului nr 15 zarnesti505800 delray beach Orlando Florida exiled federal 33482 walmart

Pros

Secret agent cia2008

Cons

Manager fbi 2007

they give you the respect you need

It was a Honor to work here the pay is great. they treat you with respect and love. I think this is the best intelligence agency. they teach us combat combat saved my life once.

Pros

they give you respect

Cons

only short breaks

No And no

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Central Intelligence Agency is goidPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Central Intelligence Agency are good

Best Job I have had in my entire life!

Working for the CIA as a Paramilitary Operations Officer is one of the best jobs I ever had. They train you as you are directly working out on the field as you do missions. They give you some amazing hands on training instead of training you like an infantry soldier going into a Special Operations Soldier for the first time going into Special Operations for basic training for special ops they train you in field. missions.

Pros

Work is interesting and never the same day.

Great purpose, lousy management

The goals of the CIA ARE unique and make you proud to serve that being said, management discriminates if you disagree, practices favoritism and discriminates against immigrants — cannot really trust their loyalty The counter intelligence chief briefs this to all incoming operations officers.

Pros

A privilege to serve

Cons

Favoritism is widespread.

Don't ever say you can't!!

From a small town on the Florida Panhandle to the Nation's capital!! If I can do it, ANYBODY can do it.. It's scary to think about being such a small slice of a HUGE pie but being employed to assist in keeping our nation secure has been the most rewarding job I've done so far.. We'll see what the future holds!!

Great place to work.

Great place to work. Excellent mission, always relevant, new challenges everyday. Further information cannot be provided due to privacy/classification issues.

Very good place to work

In the agency you are given the opportunity to learn many different things After being accepted into the agency you are allow to apply for all types of jobs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Intelligence Agency. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Central Intelligence Agency
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?