Chewy

Chewy Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,606 reviews

The job is great but….

I worked here for about 7 months and found meeting the production standard a bit too easy. that’s not necessarily a bad thing but the only problem is i would find myself falling asleep during the day.

I had fun working here and clapping at 4:20🙃 lives seeing pets walk around and everyone was chilled and friendly. The break room was amazing and happy hour every other Friday was truly needed.

Pays the bills, work unfulfilling

As the title says, it's a decent paid job with some positions being able to work from home. The job can get tedious and feel unfulfilling. Constant and rushed changes in policies and processes tends to lead to widespread miscommunication. Strict attendance requirement, most doctor's notes are not accepted as an excusable absence. High pressure to adherence to metrics.

Pros

Work from home. Overtime and Voluntary Time Off as volume increases or decreases.

Cons

Short scheduled breaks, miscommunication among leadership, no time to recollect yourself during high volume periods

Fun workplace

A typical day at work consisted of going to work by 6:45AM or PM. Next I would prepare my paperwork, checkcompany email, and get a run-down of any issues on myline for my shift from the previous technician. After aboutan hour I would do my quality checks on a set of freshbottles off the line while I monitored my line.

What to expect

Overall, it's not been the worst place I've been at. I've learned a lot and have advanced into almost every job. I like a majority of the people and the pay is okay at best, but this is not an easy job. You're going to have to work fast and with heavy loads (up to 70lbs) at moderate to high rates. It can be very mentally draining and repetitive but if you've got a great work ethic and have a good group of friends/coworkers to work alongside you it is doable. Management and HR has been my biggest issue only because they definitely play favorites. I don't mean to scare anyone off but this is what reality you should expect.

Pros

Two 30 minute breaks, catering, healthcare

Fun and productive workplace with lots of incentive to make.

Chewy is a great and fun place to work it's not always easy some heavy lifting. The people are great to work with and the bosses and HR is great at helping if you need something. Made great money. I would recommend this job to others.

Good money to provide for your family.

It's a good place to work as long as you keep to yourself and keep your numbers production up. It's very on your own after training, it's very straight forward and self explanatory and just following and keeping to through safety rules and obligations set forth by Chewy. If you do that and keep check on the time you can take off for emergencies you're good to go and will enjoy it.

Heavy /easy

Stay to what you learn from them and you will make it there. It's a warehouse job. You do work a 12 hour shift. And there are day you can do over time.

Avoid it, unless you have no other choice, h.r. at this place and climate in warehouse is brutal to deal with.

It's 80+ degrees in the warehouse, closer to 90s around the work areas in outbound. Very little to poor air circulation, no fans around most work stations, and a very rigid unplanned time off system that starts at .40 hours a week to get back, it takes 3months of no time missing to get back one day missed. They are so ruthless with this, I left work in an ambulance and they took 7hours u.t.o. you start off at 60 hours and they nickel and dime that time away quickly. If you reach zero you are terminated. And God help you if you have medical accommodations. The rmi process is designed for you to be unable to do it. And you will be on 7day leaves for even common requests. The 12hour shifts are brutal and most work is done by 60% of people, the other 40% just do bare minimum leaving safety hazards for everyone else.

Pros

It's easy work but strenuous, 4days off is nice but grueling to get through those 3days.

Cons

In 6months of my employment, this place has cycled through 3 h.r. teams, and the only thing good about working here is if you love animals enough to put up with it.

Good learning

It is a good networking experience and you get to learn from some experienced leaders. They don’t focus enough on retaining talent because they know everyone is replaceable

Stable and easy job with good pay, but very menial and mentally tiring

A typical day at work is logging into the computer and clocking in, and then you can prepare for 5-10 minutes before you starting taking phone calls. The time between calls can vary widely day-to-day, but it's usually slowest on Sunday, with 1-2 minutes between calls, and on the weekdays, it can be 30-60 seconds between calls, or what happens often is you can get a call right after your previous call ends, or a few seconds after. The customers are generally pleasant to work with, and what you do is relatively easy as well. In my position, I mostly help customers know about the status of their prescription food and medication orders, and if need be, getting the status of their regular orders, placing new orders, or changing some information on the account. Our supervisors are incredibly nice and understanding in my opinion, and I always felt that I could speak to them about anything I had on my mind, or asking them about any improvements that I could make. My colleagues are also very friendly and easy to talk to, and we help each other out all the time if need be. The hardest part of the job in my opinion is talking with customers all day, and never knowing what to expect. If you're an introvert and talking with people mentally tires you, you'll be able to do the job, but you won't really enjoy it long term, because it's always talking. Another difficult part about the job is that there aren't any safeguards like wrap-up time, so if calls are back to back, it's incredibly stressful during that time, until calls start to slow down again. The most enjoyable part of the job is being -

Pros

great managers and co-workers, decent benefits, flexible schedule

Cons

no wrap-up time, very busy periods, lots of fragmentation between systems, annoying bugs and glitches with some of the work applications

Unless you have felonies or can’t pass a urinalysis, stay away.

As always in the distribution arena, the economically challenged individuals working alongside you are tremendous individuals, and you strive together toward the void of benefits & pay chasm that is not having a college degree or a military ID in today’s world. Hard work means nothing anymore.

Non-productive

Non-productive environment, with very little to no pay to compensate the work. Management shouldn’t be management and are not qualified to manage any workers.

Very cliquey

No matter how hard you work you will not get any recognition if they do not like you. Favoritism is extremely blatant. They are very cheerful to your face, but management will treat you will not help you if you're not in their inner circle.The employees do seen genuinely nice for the most part.

Strict attendance. Not seen as a person

I've worked for this company for over 2 years. In the beginning it was great. If you had an issue the leadership and hr would help you with a work around. This year things changed! Attendance policy way strict. I even had a doctors note because I had pain from a surgery and they still counted those days against me. Basically you can only be absent for 5 days every 6 months and that include sick days unless its from cv19. The benefits cost too much. If something happens out of your control like a power outage, they still count it against you, even of you have proof. You are just seen as a number which is sad because this used to be a great company to work for but not anymore

Pros

Decent overtime, remote option

Cons

Short breaks, strict attendance

It’s a job

Management could use some improvements, high turn around from both entry level and management cause everyone feels overworked. You have to play the corporate game if you want to move up and they don’t try very hard to cooperate with the disabled in any capacity. The work can be hard but it’s not as hard as a lot of the reviews make it out to be, it will get repetitive quickly though.

Pros

Occasional raffle, dental/vision, overtime opportunities

Cons

Mandatory overtime, rude managers, repetitive work

Great place to move up

Overall decent place to work. Culture from top down needs improvement very disconnected with day to day workers. Great internal investment for promos.

Do your job and you have security

Worked there for 2 years no issues till vehicle blew up...had enough paid time to take month off when ran out and during time off wouldn't work with me or give leave of absence and got fired for having no hours left

Pros

Job stability

Cons

Management hr

Productive and great place to work

Best Job I've ever had. From the day I walked in for orientation it's been a great and wonderful experience, I honestly like going to work. Definitely a 10 out of 10 job.

Warehouse Work

If you like work that keeps you moving for the full shift this work is for you. There are numerous positions in the warehouse that you can be trained to perform. There is moderate to heavy lifting involved with most positions.

It’s okay

Okay job. A lot of people come and go. Management could be better. You only get two breaks all day. It could be ran better but they don’t care. Your just a number with a rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chewy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Chewy
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?