Chipotle Mexican Grill

Chipotle Mexican Grill Employee Reviews

Showing all 14,641 reviews

Don't work on grill

In your interview they will likely ask if you want to work on grill for an extra dollar an hour. It is not worth it and grill is definitely the hardest position to keep up with other than kitchen manager and not to mention you get grill dust all over yourself.

Chipotle Mexican Grill

Working for Chipotle is cool, but the pay does not equal up to all the work that is put in to make Chipotle what it is everyday. Management is cool, they definitely make sure you have something to do throughout your shift. The other crew members are cool, but of course you will have those you have to explain tasks to more than once. The free food and benefits effective the day you start are good incentives I will say Chipotle does make sure they provide.

fun but hot envoirment

its ok for a starting job but pay is not high for amount of work. its usually hot at work and customers tend to rude and give you harder time than other restaurants.

Pros

free meals

Cons

little pay

Decent First Job

I worked here as a line person and cashier for 2 years. It was alright for a 16 year old but as I got older the more frustrated I got with us being short staffed and most days it was just me and a few managers running the store. After my main GM left things went down hill. It all depends on the store

Competitive

Good place, people are friendly, you can grow fast and learn a lot.Managers are always there to help you.Schedule 1 week in advance….Overall I do like

It’s fun place with the right people

Chipotle can be a really fun job depending on the crew if you have tough management it’s not it they do expect you to do a lot with very little pay besides that it’s a nice first job with good benefits and free food

Fun Workplace especially night shift

The customers weren't always the best, but being able to serve others and enjoy time with friends and coworkers really made my time there enjoyable. The night shift was fun with the manager helping me when I started out. Reasonable lunch break and great food

Never a dull moment working at chipotle

I love working at chipotle. It’s the best job I’ve had. Yes it can be hard at times but we push each other todo better. If I’m being honest rolling big burritos is fun especially when customers are shocked on you completely rolling it.

Fun place

Fun place to work in if you're in high school but other than that you will be overworked. It's a popular franchise so most of the time you will get busy.

It's similar to any other fast food job.

Starting as crew (hired to become a manager) was as good as it gets. Albeit a little stressful at times, the job was simple. The training process to shift supervisor was okay. The pay was nice. As I progressed to Assistant GM to GM my worklife balance slowly dwindled.

Pros

Decent pay, 401k options, health, dental and vision insurance. Uniforms provided, free employee meals and 50% off the clock.

Cons

Stress, no work life balance. Not enough labor given to help run the store properly.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Chipotle Mexican Grill?

cashier

Working at chipotle is a nice job to have , it’s just the people around who don’t appreciate and respect the works while working . I’ve learned a lot of work skills and patience working at Chipotle.

Treated like family and hard workers

I loved working at chipotle the team was awesome the boss was the best I don't know any other general manager that would rearrange a workers schedule to fit her own just to give her a ride to work cause her family was going through a very rough time. I had to take off days and some times leave early and eventually I had to take a leave of absence but the whole team I was apart of was super understanding and when I was able to come back they were very welcoming. Even though in the end I had to quit I still felt a lot of love and knew I would miss everyone I got the privilege to meet and work with

Ok place

One thing that I didn’t like is that’s the cashiers got the same pay like me at the grill, the grill is a really hard work specially if u have the night shift

Fast, clean, exciting

Could be hard at times, but that’s most jobs. Management chosen from within made it very easy to get along with higher ups. The tuition reimbursement was amazing and wholeheartedly recommend college students give it a chance, up to $2500 per semester.

Pros

Free lunches, nice hours, college tuition reimbursement

Flexible hours, horribly understaffed

Hours are very flexible. There is no staff though. We don’t have enough people to properly run a shift and corporate doesn’t care. It is an extremely stressful work environment.

Speed of change can be challenging

Speed of change can be challenging as it relates to staffing. Forced productivity is both good & bad as it has lead to increased turnover in both Team Members & Managers.

good work for part time

the work itself wasn't as bad but it was always so busy so it got super tiering. good pay and paid breaks tho, management wasn't as good as it could be but it wasn't too bad

Worse than McDonald's

Quite literally the worst company I ever worked for. I worked 40+ hours, was underpaid despite passing my Crew Trainer certification. I have a severely ill partner and was expected to ignore that in favor of working overtime because management didn't want to work.

Flexible Work Schedule

The hardest part of this job is honestly the stress and sense of urgency. If you do not like working in a fast paced environment then I do not suggest working here. Management can also be a bit annoying but the coworkers are great and I love working with them. Also they have very flexible scheduling and always work around schooling and other personal issues.

Pros

Free lunches, very flexible schedule

Cons

Stressful and fast paced

The job itself is fine

The job itself is fine. Gets a bit hectic when it's busy, but that can happen basically anywhere ... especially in customer service. The pay isn't great, but the benefits are a plus.

Horrible management

Management changed 3 times while I was there for 3 months. No one had any idea how to run a store, let alone manage ALL the minors that worked there. There was no consistency in how anything was done and the bosses plans were to fire everyone making 13.00+ and offer to rehire them at a lower pay to save money. It was absolutely horrible how they ran that business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chipotle Mexican Grill. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits