Citi

Citi Employee Reviews in Manama

Manama16 reviews

Found 16 reviews matching the searchSee all 18,921 reviews

Learning experience

Banking at the time was my ultimate goal. Citibank was the real foundation of the starting of my career. I learnt so much working at Citi and I have no regrets being there for 5 years. The issues I faced were the work timings and pressure at work along with lack of recognition and reward. I had decent leadership there to help me grow in my career and guide me along the way. After serving 5 years I knew it was time to move on to better opportunities. The prospects of advancement in my career were limited which also led me to seek better paying opportunities.

Pros

Learnt a lot

Cons

timings, stress due to work pressure, no reward

Friendly environment

Very toxic and you need the ability of working under pressure and try to balance between your life and workplace. The positive side is the friendly environment and the negative is you need a lot of time to be promoted and have a grade.

Fair

As i working in a sales the working environment is very competitive.In a fraction of seconds we will loose our customers. If we delay to reach at first.

a typical day at work

good learning in this job,in this job they teach how to survive under more pressure, what you learn and what you take decision, over all good experience

Great for fresh graduates

As a fresher it's a great company to enter the job market with. Adds excellent weightage to your resume while providing international training experience under top trainees. Amazing stepping stone.

Pros

Experience in top bank

Cons

Low chances of advancement

Amazing environment

Best experience ever Starting with learning how to manage multi tasking and to work under pressure Get a great experience with banking products and how the other departments operate.

Good Experience and a Challenging Position

Working as a Citi-phone Officer was a challenging position, as each and every customer calls with different kind of a problem, different personality and a different way of communicating. What I learned from this position is how to be patient, a good listener, time managing, problem solving, fast and effective, sales skills and customer service skills improved, identify risks and frauds..

Pros

Flexible Shifts, Insurance

Cons

Short Breaks, No Car Parks

Performane / Rules /Policies

Citi platform is very familiar for work and excellent management to grow with the organization. As a Citi staff I always adhere with Citi polices and processors and always treating customers fairly without any complaint.

Great place to work in.

Its a great place to work in, surounded by amazing people to work with. I had an amazing experise an year while working there. I started working there as a recepptioneist after completing 3 years i have been chossen to work in the accounts department and i had learn alot from working there.

Pros

Non

Cons

Non

Solid Start

City bank gave a solid start to my carrer and spurred growth and inspiration into me providing me a truly global experience.A days work was really unprdictable, you could land in a foreign country, an a assignment on a days notice,I loved it but sometimes my family did not like it. There were no time scales of work, but , since I loved it and had passion for work , I did not mind working for extended hours.The only downside was that my kids missed my company and my partner had to take the additional burden of managing the family. I travalled all around the word and was a part of novel and innovative strategies of City for the Middle East,Europe and Africa.

Pros

Friendly culture

Cons

Long Hours

challenging

my first actual job, have learned and gained most of my working experience from Citibank. how to handle angry customer. deal with all the departments in citibank from hr to collections, compliance, marketing and management. the only problem was no employment benefits as i was under an outsourced company.

Employee satisfaction is below average

Salary is low but they are pressuring you regarding sales targets. The bank and managers has too much demands to the sales agents.

Pros

time flexibility at work

Cons

no housing and transporation allowance and pressuing agents on sales targets

Job security

mostly learned everything in the department, Citi is one of the strongest banks to gain good banking experience with great exposure in all areas of investment and finanace. However in terms of Work/Life balance, it is one of the worst.

A good place to learn and develop the skills.

Good atmosphere,work timings are good and comfortable. The manager is very supportive and motivates to enhance productivity and inbuilt strengths. You will need to know how to play the politics in the workplace to survive in peace.

Pros

Timings, Supportive Manager, Quality of training

Cons

slow increment in pay

Self Learning

The Bank only bank where you will learn advanced financial transaction in less than 6 months. Vast number product offering and completion has very limited deadline. You will be well organized and committed towards your task

Productive & fun workplace

1.Reporting to regional manager 2.Find out new customer 3.Convince the customer regarding the products. 4.The most enjoyable part of the job is travelling ,moreover could interact with high profile customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Citi
  • Manama
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?