Crowne Plaza Hotel

Crowne Plaza Hotel Employee Reviews

Bahrain9 reviews
So far I've learned a lot since I joined the company, as I received rewards, promotion, appreciation from the management for 3 years.

Also, I'm working with a great colleagues and manager for me to work harder everyday.
Pros
Free Meal, Uniform etc
 All-day dining restaurant breakfast, lunch, and dinner meal periods
 Interactive live-cooking display kitchens

 All-day dining restaurant featuring weekly promotions that include Thursday Seafood Night, Wednesday Steak Night and Mexican Night. Furthermore, Friday Brunch
Excellent teamwork and friendly atmosphere in place. Pride for working in five star property.
Package include Tax free Salary, Reserve for End of Service Benefit fund, 30 days paid vacation per year with yearly return airline ticket to point of hire for full family as per entitlement, Reimbursement of children education expenses, full medical and life insurance, free full furnished accommodation etc.
Pros
Free duty meal
Cons
Although I was just an intern at this company, they treated you as if you were a member of the corporation. They treated you the same way as they treat each member. It helped me boost in wanting what path i had to take
typical day at work when you are encountered some difficulties that you think you wont able to do it.
I learned being in the hospitality on how to engage with different people with differemt nationality specially when it comes dealing with the guest, that you have always think that guest always right and also will realized you on how to be patient despite of the difficulties.

I can say that management will recognized you once your doing good job and thats what i noticed from them when i got the promotion.

Every situation we can encounter the hardest part of our job but if we know how to deal with it there is no hardest part of our job, its just only us who create it.

The most enjoyable part is that your coming at work with a peaceful mind and going home with a stress free environment.
I enjoyed working at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, because it had a field that was related to what I am studying at Bahrain Polytechnic.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Daily morning briefing with sales time
Weekly one to one with the General Manager to determine appropriate sales strategies in all market segments towards maximizing the hotel revenues.

Weekly yield and revenue meeting with other department to discuss opportunities and risks.

Create rooms promotions

maximum occupancy of conferences and banquettes in order to optimize general business opportunities.

creates lucrative sales targets and networks business relations to corporate client, like airlines, tourist offices, different book services etc.

observe the market, identity trend and monitor the main competitors.

creates sales targets depending on the tide of events.

All in all the control of expenses and the best possible costs cutting.

manages key accounts and oversees the accounts management in all activities for one special region.

Maximize sales activities in region leads and manages the team in Sales Office.

Hands on experience for sales & marketing SOP implementation, along with Planning, Budgeting, and Forecasting.

Hands on experience for process change, and innovation transfers.

Hands on market researches, and new projects planning.

Liaising with global office on weekly basis.
*.I am involved in decisions that affect my work

* My work group focuses on fixing the problem rather than finding someone to blame

* I feel encouraged to come up with new and better ways of doing things

* I participate in training and development opportunities that are available to me
I start work always at early morning shift and I am responsible of the Buffet, I learned how to manage the time line and quantities to be prepared for the number of the groups. I learned as well from the management how to manage cost count working as a team. difficulties part when there are shortage in the stuff.
Most enjoyable part of my work that I love cooking and I create my own taste on food.
Pros
free meals are includded
Cons
two short breaks in between