EisnerAmper

EisnerAmper Employee Reviews

Fun workplace.

The workplace and people are good to work with. Good to learn about Asset Management. But did not enjoy Audit process. Many times a template filling excercise.

Quite a good place to learn but minor politics

There are much more focusing and experience in fund audit where you can learn and exposed to such different audit scope.However, there are not enough guidances from seniors as they are too busy to reply us.

Pros

Manager and Partner are willing to teach

Cons

Steeeeep learning curve and seldom work life balance, there are some staffs who gang up and playing politics around.

Lack of opportunities for growth

Biased management, didnt get any increment except for the mere $100 upon completion of probation...also no bonus given at all.Work load is ok, manageable.

Sweatshop with a high need to outsource

The firm does not care about you, and only care about brininging staffing cost lower. They are making a move to only hire and promote indian workers because of their high degree of outsourcing.

Advancement & promotion contingent on department manager.

Company benefits are excellent!Your professional growth will totally depend on management , regardless of numerous complaints against them, and extremely high employee turnover within same department. HR will ALWAYS protect company & ostracize those whom trust them with their concerns. You are either for or against the company. Or, play along, without dignity.

Benefits

Cons

Access to learning & achieving goals depends on management. HR will ALWAYS choose the company, ignoring company motto & code of ethics.

Great place to start career

Whether working from home or at the office, it's easy to meet new people at all different levels. Senior, managers, and partners are friendly and take an interest in getting to know new hires. The learning curve is high but there's plenty of support. Great opportunity to learn about different industries.

Very Old School Management

Everyone is overworked. Management will not invest in more resources to obtain a better work environment. Culture has an old school mentality. You will grind and not provide any upward feedback. A lot of broken promises which were provided during the interview process.

Pros

Compensation is ok

Cons

Overworked. No path provided to make partner.

Senior Associate

Focus was to turn projects, high volume, low quality of work, horrible client relationships. Pay is very low comparably to street, but flexibility was provided in terms of work location

Great company depending on your managers

In public accounting, you can expect charge codes and sometimes long hours during busy season. But this place is much better than big four as you are treated with dignity and respect, depending on who your managers are. I suppose that applies to all companies. In consulting dept, I enjoyed the variety of clients and travel. Set your own hours, etc.

Pros

Flexibility, variety of clients, good salary, benefits

Cons

Sometimes long hours, some managers are toxic, political, if you make mistake or issues with external auditors, you will get blamed

Good company

During my time here I was given opportunities to work on and learn a lot of new things. My manager cared about employees and was great to work with. The culture/environment is friendly and comfortable.

Pros

Laid back, work from home, structured environment

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EisnerAmper?

It could be better

It's not an awful place to work for. The huge problem is compensation in some locations is not fair. This i dustry is hard and stressful, compensation should be at market value.

Pros

People are friendly

Cons

Public accounting cons

Could be better

EisnerAmper is a midsize public accounting firm. You will work on various jobs in random industries based on availability. Many times you will work more than 40 hours a week due to the amount of work you have to do. Also many of the jobs do not have Managers so the Seniors tend to take on that work and report directly to the senior manager. This can be a good or bad thing. I’ll say that the technology was not the best and lacking behind some of the big players in the industry. Tech felt very outdated, the company feels outdated overall and the trainings weren’t too good. Also another thing I realized is morale is pretty low, which was something that struck me when I started. Nobody really seems happy to work here. Healthcare plans are not good as well. For example there are no copays on mental health services for the plan I pay for so you have to pay 100% out of pocket until you reach deductible. This was the first job that I actually had to pay some money out of pocket for bloodwork.

Pros

Summer fridays

Cons

Healthcare plans, low morale, poor trainings

Good place to learn with great people

Management needs to better understand their employees time. Cannot tell them to unplug and then expect them to answer client calls while on vacation.

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

Benefits not the best

Great learning experience

Wonderful company in public accounting field. Nice people to work with who share their experience. Promotions are always in place for motivated people.

Pros

Free dinner if you work more than 10 hours

Cons

Healthcare could be better

Beware

Be sure if you want to work there because they have a high deductible medical plan. Have a mentor to guide you through the firm politics in upward mobility. No matter what you will work more than 40 hours per week. Go in with the attitude you will work hard with the expectation you may not receive anything in return other than a medicore bonus. Good luck

The majority of the company were good respectful people

The management level overall were good. The bad apples were just allowed too much leeway. The culture of look the other way, the Mgmt in my department were of a bully regime. The Mgmt and staff I encountered otherwise were giving and I learned somethings. The management and partners on my floor were great. I still miss the energy.

Pros

My partners were more than will to teach and allow me to grow.

Cons

Corporate bullying was handled poorly by HR .

Management not trustworthy

Management is not trustworthy. Lot of politics and favoritism among higher management. There is no job security. Would not recommend joining to anyone.

Intern

My experience was good as a tax intern. Got exposed to many clients, bit of a learning curve but seniors were pretty helpful. NYC has great networking opportunities

Decent experience

A larger CPA firm with lots of resources and some opportunity for growth. Similar to other top 20 firms in terms of culture, busy season expectations and pay. Not for the feint of heart.

Variety of interesting areas.

Each employee is mostly left to their own devices, which can be good or bad. There is a lot that can be learned, but again, you are essentially on your own.

Required Hours Excessive

Biggest con for me was the number of hours required during tax season substantially exceeded the 55-60 minimum. Other than that I found this company a very good company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EisnerAmper. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits