EY

EY Employee Reviews

Bahrain16 reviews

Found 16 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,068 reviews

Excellent work culture. Payscales below industry

An awesome place to work for, with excellent work culture. Each day is an improvement to learning curve at a high professional.Generally, work-life balance is compromised and pay scales are lower than industry and market.

Cons

Creative and fun place to work with

EY Bahrain is a good place to work. I learned management skills. Workplace culture is friendly and flexible. Meeting stringent deadlines and learning.

Pros

Continuous learning

Cons

Too much stress

Very compitative work environment

Previously very good management. But from this year onwards management has changed a lot. Recently the top leadership has changed and has reshuffled the staff and management.

good work culture

Learnt the basic of accounting, how important financial reporting is Learn the different aspects of Financial Reporting Learn about walk throughs, and different audit standards.

Long days, demanding schedules

Diverse group of people. A bit of latent discrimination, with Asians working the hardest and getting paid the least. If you speak Arabic, this is a big advantage. As the financial hub in the middle east, get to work with diverse clients.

One of the best Companies to work for

Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) is one of the core business lines covering valuation and business modelling, merger and acquisitions, due diligence, feasibility studies and other support services. My core responsibilities include effective and efficient assignment planning, execution and delivery, keeping in view Ernst & Young’s quality standards.

Stressful but enjoyable workplace

I worked in a multicultural firm for 5 partners of various nationalities. I arranged all their meetings, travel and hotel arrangements, conference calls, fielded phone calls for them. It was a difficult but enjoyable job.

EY is one of the best companies in the world

EY allows the freedom to innovate . This freedom is the essential element which allows one to become productive . The spence of satisfaction one gets is great due to this approach taken by the firm.

Amazing work enviromnemt

I have worked with EY 7 years. I have known most of the emolpyees in the compnay (around 400 employees), they are my best friends now. You can meet anyone in the compnay from a Manager to the office Managing Partnet. They have open door policy. However, If you are thinking to work in EY you need to sacrifice (family, time, social life) sometimes. You need to meet your deadline no matter what. despite of all that, EY is the best place to start your career with.

Pros

Best place to start your career

Cons

you need to stay late most of the time

Typical day at work would be working on Clients biggest problems or identifying their biggest problems Challenging assignments and freedom to take decisions and think out of the box.

Pros

exposure to clients, opportunities

Cons

no work life balance

Organised project plan for the day. Working in Ernst & Young was the best years of my entire career. I started as a Training Assistant and promoted to HR Training Manager. The management was excellent in looking after their employees with regard to compensation, professional development and career growth. My team was excellent and each member demonstrated their commitment and hard work in achieving the team goals and objectives. Lots of work pressure in meeting deadlines. I gained various HR skills and knowledge which helped me in my career growth. My value and contribution were recognised.

Pros

Empowerment, professional development, team building, career growth

Cons

High demands to meet deadlines

Great Experience in Middle East

- High learning curve - Great Management - International Co-Workers - Interesting Projects and a lot of responsibility - Good career options - EY is interested in you. If you want - you can grow

Great learning, but poor work life balance.

Great learning, but poor work life balance. You have to have a strong sponsor for progression.

Senior Manager

EY Bahrain employs more than 500 employees and lead audit teams and managing clients in the Assurance and Advisory Business Service of EY in the Islamic Banking Group. The work entails managing client relationships on an ongoing basis, performing reviews on the adequacy of the control environment, meeting statutory and regulatory reporting

Pros

Great atmosphere and learning.

Cons

Lack of business in advisory and assurance industry.

Very productive place to work

Excellent place to work as part of your initial career, both from personal and professional development.

Growth and Exposure

Working with Ernst & Young provided me an opportunity for great professional growth and in depth exposure to the industry.It helped me in enhancing my managerial and other soft skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7K