FedEx Ground

FedEx Ground Employee Reviews

Found 17,443 reviews matching the searchSee all 17,444 reviews

Good pay no time for your life

Working 6 days a week sucks. Especially when the job is physical. I loved working alone though an after i learned my route i started getting off at a great time. I just feel like having more time for your personal life is needed. hope and pray you don’t get a bad route. If you don’t like driving in ALL weather conditions don’t apply.

Pros

Pay, work alone, good workout

Cons

No benefits, not enough personal time, have to drive in snow

Don't bother

Horribly run by chidish management, who try and work you like a dog. They act as though your important and you actually have a chance to move up,to only end up working in the same position you were when you first started. Everyone is two faced to one another. Just a really dirty miserable place.

Cons

No break

Great workout, you'll work for your pay but it should be higher

Overall I've enjoyed my time with the company so far, you put in a lot of physical work and it keeps you in shape. The pay is not where it should be however, it's above minimum wage (15.50 as opposed to 9, or the 14 dollars offered by UPS) but the fact that they fine print you into getting paid 50 less cents an hour than promised is bad form. With the amount of work you put in some days you'd think they could spare a bit more.Managers so far have been helpful, but only if you really prod them into telling you what you need to know. Otherwise they are extremely need to know, and they assume you know most everything.Overall it's a good, and fairly rhythmic job that could be worse but also could be better. Free water is provided at well, but make sure to bring some ahead of time as it does run out near the end of the shift normally. School benefits are extremely nice as well so if you need some extra cash for tuition make sure to keep this in mind.

great starter iob

good if you like working around a team the area i worked in was a little sketch but really nice once you’re in made you feel comfortable and help you out

Friendly work area

Friendly work area for morning shift. The manager for unload are usually good a making the everyone work towards the goal for the day. I do have to say that the hours at my fedex where not enough for me.

great place

great place to work if you like outdoors and want a paid workout. I would still be there if it weren’t for another job, just make sure your contractor takes care of you

Overwhelmed

No ac in the trucks at all. It's an overwhelming job and no health insurance on till one year and you have one day off in whole year. You have no vacation at all cause you miss one day of work.

Too much for too little

Uncontrolled environment, heavy lifting, supervisors don’t care favoritism and they get mad if you take a break after lifting heavy packages for hours

Management Sucks

At the beginning the job was awesome because they are all nice to you give you these purple promise rewards.but as you get to know the managers they do not care about you or your well being weather you get sick or hurt.Everything you are told at orientation is a lie once you get in there you are thrown to the wolfs. They tell you that you have a set schedule but all you work is 3 to 4 hours and whatever schedule they give you.you start off with 1 truck and end up with 4. and they expect you to load them all managers will lift a finger to help you.They have sent people home not even being there an hour the managers do nothing but hang around or be on there phones and hangout in the office. The pay is good but the lack of communication is horrible they really need to tighten up.

Good employees ,low pay

I worked at the FedEx in Canton Ohio they need new management ASAP, they can't keep nobody there for over a week the place will go down within a few years mark my words

Pros

Will work around your schedule, great employees

Cons

Low pay, lazy managers, no air, no help

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at FedEx Ground?

Low pay but great environment and super friendly people

The hours were strange and often disruptive but they were flexible with my schooling. The pay was the biggest issue I had with the job. Management was friendly and understanding I loved working for them.

It's all contractors.

All the contractors pay you so little but it's just enough to stay there. They say you'll make so much a day but when you get paid it's short and then taxes come out. They play favorites as well.

Warehouse associate

I really liked working there was making really good money the only downfall was the managers didn't really care much about the employees so when I got injured I felt really disgusted because they didn't believe me and didn't want to help me out but if I was ever taken back again I will work even harder like how I was before

Bad job

they pay you good but it's probably not worth it with how they treat you and how hard it is on your body. If your okay with being treated horrible and destroying your body for 20 some bucks an hoour than its worth it

Pros

money free food

Time for working

Love the job and the hrs are great the boss treats everyone fare and he keeps his trucks clean and everything is in good condition my coworkers are a great team to work with.

Fast paced fun environment

You get 3-5 hour shifts with varying load sizes. Management is amazing when you fully communicate with them. It's fast paced so you don't get bored, the pay is great and you can easily pick up extra shifts and make money around your schedule. The hardest part is peak season near Christmas and summer months during the heat. However cold drinks are always available, fans are on every dock and the company is always improving.

Great Stepping Stone for Job Advancement.

I was a package handler before I got promoted to QA Admin. It's quite easy to advance within FedEx if you show initiative, hard work and good at socializing. As an OB admin, I can make my own schedule and work my own way as long as the workload is done at the end of the night with good result. Unmotivated coworkers are the majority at FedEx which will increase your workload and can make your life difficult. However, this can make you stand out and make great opportunities for promotions.

Pros

Good Benefits, Low Expectations on Employees.

Cons

Unmotivated Coworkers, Average Pay, Bad Management, Work Can Feel Unfulfilling.

Terrible management

The direct managers that you work with are fine, but the upper management is awful. Workloads have gotten heavier/hours have gotten longer. Management cares more about pushing their employees to their absolute limits than treat them like people.

Conflicting company goals

They tell you their motto is People, Service, Profit. After working at two separate locations, management mindset is actually Service, Profit, People

Workplace is normal

Once you get into the groove of working there its a fun environment i would say it's hard to get manager position its all competitive you have to be on top of everything

Cons

No breaks

It wasn’t for me.

It was never slow. Busy all the time. The early morning shifts would have worked for some people if the pay was better, but not for me (I had a 2YO at home) I was not able to spend time with him since I was always tired. Also, if you don’t care about your back hurting this is a job for you!

Pros

Benefits within the first year of working, lunch

Cons

Wasn’t paid enough

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Ground. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits