Grant Thornton

Grant Thornton Employee Reviews for Senior Auditor

Senior Auditor60 reviews

Found 60 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,478 reviews

Productive and Fast paced working environment

Productive and Fast-paced working environment, Management is quite helpful.It's best if you are at start of your career, and you need excellent learning,

Pros

Productive and Fast-paced working

Cons

No other proper benefits

No work-life balance no rest at all

Compensation is decent but not worth the stress, anxiety and workload that comes with it. Management always ask for suggestions but never listens even if the suggestion were given by most of the staffs from different periods.

Excellent opportunities

Worked in their Dublin office for 4 years and found it a very good place to work. Great atmosphere amongst co-workers and a good mix of experience and enthusiasm amongst the team. Great long term opportunities.

Good place to start.

Grant Thornton is a good training ground for a beginner. i will encourage all who would want to learn to the rudiments of the accounting profession to start with Grant Thornton.

Pros

Non

Cons

Short Breaks

Good company

Good company to work for, work-life balance as expected in any public accounting firm. Good opinion of management and peers. A company with great cultural values

Large public accounting firm

Grant Thornton offers a growth environment in which you will continually be learning, however there is constant change and you never quite feel like you fully get your feet on the ground before it is on to something new. The 'work/life balance' is not as great as they try to sell it as. Busy season, as at most public accounting firms, is brutal, and off-peak season is normal 40+ hour weeks. Flexibility comes in the time off - as long as you book it far enough in advance (i.e. there is no limit to time off but only if you hit utilization goals and are unassigned for the period you are requesting off). The managers and partners are very supportive and the culture is one of diversity and inclusion.

Pros

Good benefits/pay/stability. Supportive management. Growth opportunities.

Cons

Poor work/life balance. Constant change. Draining mentally and physically.

Official response from Grant Thornton

January 6, 2021
Thanks for your review! We’re so glad to hear the many positive things about your experience as an employee at Grant Thornton. We recognize the industry is diverse and each project has different needs; we are strategically working to equip our leaders with the tools and resources to maximize efficiencies while delivering quality services. Grant Thornton is committed to providing employees with resources to help achieve work/life balance through a variety of benefit offerings. We are always looking for innovative ways to improve the People Experience and encourage upward feedback. Additionally, Grant Thornton is committed to hiring and retaining the best talent and may assess our service offerings and staffing intermittently to best meet client needs.

Challenging workplace

A typical day at work is busy with deadlines running on multiple clients. I learnt how to multi-task from the pressure. Management is very helpful and will to provide a helping hand when things were challenging.

Ideal learning Environment

SNG always gave me the opportunity to learn and grow. The environment challenged me but also helped me build patience and endurance. My team members were always a pleasure to work with.

Excellent environment

The experience with Grant Thornton as my first employer was amazing. The firm is like your extended family. Your work life balance is primordial in their goals and the structure of the Company and methodology is very structured with fundamentals and logic.

Pros

Flexible Time

Cons

Long Hours Work

fun work place

Offers team working spirit, open door policy kind of management. Meeting clients, interacting with them made my job enjoyable and exciting very much.

Amazing organization

- Good Work culture - Good Corporate governance - Work life balance was challenging as extended working hours were needed - Helpful management - Parity among the pay scale which was in line with the performance

Productive and ambient workplace

Collaborative people. Nice work culture. Supportive in terms of technical and knowledge advancement, it has better working knowledge in terms of technical support and regulatory requirements. Dynamic environment. Flexible.

Productive, fast paced and interactive working environment.

SNG Grant Thornton is a fast growing company with many long standing clients and even more new clients. The diverse client base provides excellent opportunities for growth and development for companies in various industries in both the public and private sector. The growing client base demands long working hours and you may expect to work a lot of overtime. The working hours are manageable for persons pursuing ITC or APC, however it has proved to be challenging for persons pursuing CTA. This place is recommended for people who are willing to work and with an appetite to learn. Trainee salaries are very competitive in relation to the market. The company's commitment to client retention at times seems to supersede its work life balance, thus resulting in trainees going through spells of burn out and feeling demotivated. Following the merger with Grant Thornton, the SNG Grant Thornton seems to be well positioned for larger clients both domestic and international. This shows strong promise to growth and learning opportunity.

Pros

The organisation hosts very enjoyable corporate functions

Cons

Extremely long working hours (I accumulated 40 overtime days in one year)

Decent company to work for

Nothing particularly stands out, very much in line with other auditing and consulting firms. Provides solid, regular training and ensures that newer staff have the training and mentoring they need.

Overworked and underappreciated

Pros: Competitive Salary Study leave/Exam support Cons: Poor team management Work is not evenly spread out. Lack of recognition Poor work/life balance Long hours throughout the year not just during busy season Poor people management skills at PDM level.

Healthy environment

Working at Grant Thornton is an amazing experience that refines character to a whole new level. Working as an auditor is Grant Thornton has enabled me to work in different organisations due to diversified experience that it offered me through different clients,

The company is well balanced for work life

A typical day would be to go to work and have a meeting with client and audit team. The experience was very welcoming. I learnt the value of team work and communication.

Good place for working.

Grant Thornton Anjum Rahman is a great place for working, Managers, Partners and other staff is very cooperative. Culture is also very good and also there are good opportunities of learning.

Good company

You learn and grow alot, which is great. Coworkers were great, and loved my time there. Was a good learning experience, and my managers were overall good.

Grant Thornton is one of the best firm for learning. Here every one has a chance to learn. Management and seniors are also very much cooperative. Working culture is also very good.

Good environment to work

Kevane Grant Thornton is a very familiar Firm and have a very good work environment. The audit programs such as Voyager and IDEA are a little complex.

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Low salary, lack of work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grant Thornton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Grant Thornton
  • Senior Auditor
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?