Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from HSBC:

HSBC Employee Reviews

Showing all 13,720 reviews
worked in HSBC as a manager sales in credit card department , it was stressful work but i enjoyed my sales job with HSBC, i always got appreciation from my Area Manager and head of department.
Constant pressure to sell/ refer products to customers. Managers will micromanage you and inquire about your sales goals multiple times throughout the day. Everyone at the branch was visibly demoralized as a result of this toxic environment
Cons
HSBC has old fashioned systems and processes which are difficult to learn, the training, is just learn as you go and when you make mistakes you will be told off and asked "why did you do it like that?"
working here has made me very depressed.
Pros
the benefits, pension, salary protection/illnes cover, car breakdown they are all very good and an excellent share scheme
Cons
its an old fasioned legacy bank, the processes and sytems are from the 80's and cannot keep up with customers expectations
Conservative and well groomed work place with set policies and guidelines . tremendous learning , hard work and competitive atmosphere . incentive provided
The job was ever changing every day, as management could never decide on a conclusive structure or how to expedite client needs. The pay was very good, but not worth the enormous stress it would sometimes bring - and it would come out of nowhere.
Pros
Compensation, location, hours
Cons
Management, an ever changing structure of everything (I mean everything)
Work life balance is good, good hikes, worst Managers I have seen in many teams if manager is good your life is good at HSBC.
Company provides you stable life and it is a place where you can get settle down.
Pros
Work life balance, hikes, free transport
Cons
Need to work on old technologies, No onsite
The job is cold calling clients to refinance their homes and borrow as much as possible to consolidate or to do home improvements if there is equity. The rates are higher then most financial institutions or banks so it can be a difficult sale unless client has a bit lower credit score. Job is very goal driven. Can be a difficult Job but if you get the sales you will blossom. You must be good with sales. I was there during the 811 crisis and was let go because I couldn’t sell after the event. No one trusted or wanted to make a move with the company.
Pros
Money is great if you are selling
Cons
No sales no job period.
Good for freshers who want to learn about credit analysis. However move on once the learning curve saturates.

Pros
Transport facilities flexible hours
Cons
Low growth and limited learning
Working for hsbc has been stressful. Constant pressure about getting referrals. No work life balance or no pension plan. Most of staff wasn’t helpful and you have to figure it out on your own.
Pros
401k match
Cons
Everything else
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at HSBC?
Seumur hidup saya kerja disini lah saya bisa mendapatkan gaji yang sangat layak sesuai dengan pekerjaan yang dikerjakan
Pros
Kesehatan
Gran lugar para trabajar, con buenas oportunidades de crecimiento y un buen ambiente.
Pros
Horarios fijos, sueldo y prestaciones
Cons
Mucho poder en pocas manos
That's the best place I have ever worked and I m happy to share it as well. Professional environment and no bias but salaries are comparatively medium.
Pros
Free coffee
At HSBC, the environment is very competitive. Employees gave 110%+ all the time because the more you give, the more recognition, success and rewards you receive.
Pros
Excellent advancement opportunities
Cons
Too many politics
Global tätiger Arbeitgeber mit guten und abwechslungsreichen Tätigkeiten und Aufstiegsmöglichkeiten
Pros
Diverse Angebote
Cons
Etwas antiquiert
Ambiente laboral bueno excelente apoyo por partes de los jefes.
Its a fast paced work environment with focus on keeping abreast with changes regulatory, accounting standards as well as market driven.Lot of attention is given to employee training both classroom based as well as on the job. Management was tough, you had to be well prepared to deal with them. The work environment was good but competitive hence it was essential that you continuously kept your self updated with the changes happening around you.
Pros
Encouragement, challenge status quo, excellent training, global reach
Cons
Long work hours
Management can not decide what type of bank they are looking to be and every week there is a new "this will make us the bank" concept. Management is disconnected and is very stuck in the concept of the Us vs the employee mindset. Interest rates given on accounts where higher then the economy could support and some how the branch was the reason they lost millions year over year. I would say if you are looking to earn a salary that is higher than the everyday bank this is the place but it comes with no work life balance and a client base that can scream and demand unrealistic demands and have the bank back them all the way while not standing behind their team
Pros
salary and bonus
Cons
worklife balance, staffing issues, upper management very disconnected, top management is filtered from branch and back office issues
hsbc is a good job to have, the staff are nice and its very formal, job security is very good there also and felt like i was very much secure in my role
Pros
bank benifits
Cons
very formal and scripted
Really enjoyable and you get recognized for achievements. They are open about expectations and provide the proper training. Supervisors really encoutage your growth.
Pros
Office parties put on by company
Cons
Some poor managers
Fun workplace with international bran, however, salary + promotions and management is spoiling brand and values of HSBC.

Workplace culture and HSBC international values is highly appreciated .
Pros
Perfect workspace with nice cafeteria
Cons
Static Low growth
I am sure that Call Centres have improved since I worked there but we were told off for going to the toilet and drinks were brought to us at our desks so that we would stay on calls. We were expected to log on 15 mins before we were due to start but not allowed to log off before our time ended which usually meant being stuck on a call. Management were high pressure all the time but most of the other call handlers were great.
Pros
Incentives and competitions to encourage targets to be met.
Cons
Unreasonable demands from Team Leaders and Managers.