Hungry Jack's

Hungry Jack's Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,418 reviews

hungry jacks

my typical day consisted of serving and greeting customers. I made burgers at the back of house. I used to clean dishes, pick up dishes and clean the toilets and mop the floors , walls, windows. I used to dispose all of the rubbish. I used to take orders at the front of house. My management was good with me except few. Workplace culture was alright but there was a lot of racism. The hardest part of the job was dealing with conflict and racism. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to work for a well known company and being able to make my customers happy at the end of the day. Also, achieving the set targets for the day.

Pros

discounts (50%), got to interact with various people and served both front and back of house

Cons

Racisim

i wouldn’t work there again

poor management; most managers did not provide a comforting environment, instead it was pressuring. 8 weeks to get paid. no help with my superannuation when i had asked multiple times. the pace was good though and the pay was decent.

Pros

the pay is decent

Cons

poor managing

fast-pased and can be stressful

Training process felt a fit lackluster with a large amount of content expected to be learnt online. On-site training was minimal as well. Would only recommend to those seeking a casual job while studying

Not bad, good place to start off.

Most work in the (back of house) store will consist of cooking (frying and putting the products into broiler, making burgers etc.) and cleaning. When it is rush hour, the whole store is hectic and very fast-paced. It was a great place for me to start off, some managers and crew members were really good people. Workplace culture is nice, supporting culture. The hardest part for me was getting to know the training process, I wasn't taught properly by any of the workers so I had to take the time to learn myself.

Pros

Discount, Fun team members

Cons

Management, Staff, Strenuous work

Fast paced

Fast paced environment only thing good was the friends you make. Sore muscles after long shifts. Free soft dtink and decent discounts which is good.

Pretty awful environment to work in!

Pretty awful environment to work in, gossips rampant, managers that couldn't care less. More often than not the managers were the ones spreading rumours! Only thing I enjoyed about it was the other crew members.

Good salary, Generous Hours, Flexible Hours

Salary is quite nice and hours are generous. It is a good experience for a first job. Some managers are really nice, which allows for a better working experience. However, training could improve

Pros

Salary, Managers

Cons

Poor training

Decent for a first job.

Co-workers were lovely but the management team was abhorrent. Only recommend for students, really. The pay wasn't great and was hard to sustain pay whilst going to uni.

Very fast paced, had to deal with many different personalities but overall its decent

Hardest part is to deal with different personalities in your team and with the customers you serve. As long as you take things with a grain of salt and adopt a strong mentality, you'll be fine

Pros

Makes friends, busy and not boring

Cons

Management rostering, rude people

Fun at the start, but gets repetitive.

The work environment was a fun one at the start, everyone got along and got the job done. However, after a while, people settled into it and got lazy and didn’t put the required effort in to satisfying customers, which upsetted me and convinced me to leave.

Pros

Good Staff Discount.

Cons

Poor team effort

Great flexibility can be stressful at times

Hungry Jacks have had great flexibility with shift allowing me to change my availability frequently and still receive decent amount of shifts. However the store also unstaffed many times leading to stressful and draining shifts.

Really hit or miss depending on the managers and customers

Nepotism is quite ripe in there, with the higher ups all being friends with each other. Managers like to boss the workers around while doing absolutely nothing themselves.

Good company

I worked for hungry jacks back from 2010 to 2014 and it was great good management and high standards of food hygiene my work was highly appreciated. I even got a traineeship out of working there

Pros

Free meals for doing overtime and bonuses for overtime. Good management

Cons

Lack of social life.

Typical Fast Food restaurant

Can help you hone your communication and team player skills. Beware of rude customers. Requires you to be a very calm, collected and responsible person, who isn't easily offended.

Pros

Improve personal skills

Cons

working environment

horrible

never ever work here. I amount many other girls got sa and reported it that man is now moving on to be a manager at the store. they treat you horribly and dont listen to your availability

Pros

Cons

treated like dirt low pay for long hours

Fun to work short term with great crew but not so great long term as too much pressure for just fast food

I only recommend Working at hungry jacks short term as management is very unprofessional after a while and very pressuring. There are many high expectations and hours and hours of training online that you have to do In the space of about 2 days before you even start the job. The online training beforehand is said to only take 30 mins (only get paid for 30 mins) but racks up throughout your time at hungry jacks to so far 21 hours of training (1 years worth)

Pros

-Good short term -good hours

Cons

-unprofessional management -bad pay - bad long term

Best job for a starter

I enjoyed working in a team and how the area I worked at wasn't as busy because it was new. I wasn't getting paid enough for my age which was quite disappointing. As a crew member who hasn't worked there for too long yet would recommend for non experience workers to start here.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Small wage

Very depressing and bad for mental health

Former crew at this place not worth working here very stressful mangers had favourites and if u weren’t one of them you had to do everything mangers would roster you on the days you asked off very low pay rate. I dreaded going to work every shift cause I would get harassed by customers and was done nothing by mangers DO NOT RECOMMEND WORKING HERE makes you really depressed.

Cons

Very long hrs for underage crew

Decent for my first job

When I first applied here the manager responded fairly soon and hired me on the spot. This job needs no experience as you simply just make burgers or handle cash. However, depending on your store location it could get pretty busy meaning that you would stay back with little to no benefits. I have to applaud management though as they were pretty nice about work/life balance.

Pros

Work mates

Cons

Unfair work wages

Not worth working here

this is a terrible workplace. such poor pay. the crew room is like an abandoned home filled with junk. theres like one manager who gives you shifts on the days you ask to not work. managers constantly yells at you and the kitchen is a mess.

Pros

fun people

Cons

everything else

Understaffed and little support

Some managers stand around doing nothing and talking - not helping younger staff when it is clearly busy. It is often very understaffed and customers can be very rude.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Coworkers and management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hungry Jack's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Hungry Jack's