Jacobs

Jacobs Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,865 reviews
There's possibilities for improvements within the company that need to be addressed immediately to stop from great engineers and great staff from leaving due to ineffective management.
My work as a Maintenance Site Safety Manager was a great experience. My manager was very informative and helpful, providing clear expectations and support when needed. Pay was aligned with comparable jobs/duties in the region (15+ years ago), as were the work hours and expectations. The culture was good.
Pros
lots of resources
Cons
not a lot of money in the contract for supplies, but that was by the client's design
The most enjoyable part about working for Jacobs was being able to work with great people.
I learned how to process invoices and upload receipts to the management system.
After having spoken with my current manager for years I finally had the opportunity to work for him and what a treat it was! This was the second opportunity I had to work for Jacobs and I would go back in a moments notice! If you have the luck to be selected you will never regret your decision
Pros
Excellent Management Team
Cons
I can't think of a thing that was a negative
Excelente empresa, muy buen clima laboral, buenisima
Pros
Todos los beneficios sociales y crecimiento profesional
Cons
La administración local
have to take much stress from demanding & unreasonable client and expected to give in to them most of the time even when we are right & they are wrong.

lack of resources and manpower & each RE is overstretched due to the volume of work being assigned as co cannot hire more manpower as each personnel is charged to client which client at most times refuse to pay for additional manpower.

lack of promotion and career progress and jobs are often insecure and not long term due to contract jobs being offered and a lack of project charge code means you will have to go if they cannot find another project for you to go to.
Pros
no work on staurdays
Cons
no promotion, lack of job security due to contract jobs
Jacobs is a very good company to work for, they are a major defense contractor. They are very employee friendly and provide a great work environment.
They provide work advancement and good benefits for you and your family.
I've worked for several big IT consulting firms. I have to say I do enjoy working for Jacobs quite a bit. They many, many projects. And if you find your way onto the bench, their recruiting staff will work overtime to help find new project.
Pros
Compensation, flexibiliity, and culture
Cons
only two weeks on bench
Continually harassed at work. Management did nothing about it. Work was not balanced. And expectation were ridiculous. Would be expected to help with others work while drowning in your own with no help. Management couldn’t manage and had no idea of the actual workload. Pay and benefits were awful. No room for advancement. Would not recommend to anyone.
Professional workplace culture
Employee health and Safety is the first priority

Direct access to all the leaders

Stress free culture

excellent packages and benefits
Pros
Sports activites
Cons
Normal working Hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Jacobs?
Large company, impersonal, difficult to advance career-wise. Good pay while they have projects, but they lose you as soon as work dries out - no regrets on management part.
Pros
interesting work
Cons
we had to stay late at times after midnight, many worked weekends.
Need more focus on benefits. The new corporate culture preaches caring for employees and then raises benefits costs yearly. Quick to let you know that taking leave if you contracted COVID-19 it would cost you PTO.
Hard work, education and experience is required.
Great training, and abilty to learn new processes.

Workplace is demanding, generally 10 hour days. Overtime was provided.

Culture of professional, pleasant associates and managers.
Pros
Inter Company Work Transfers and Opportunities
Cons
Long days and hours
Good company, great benefits, family oriented, great pay, steady work, open door policy, great employee's, ability to advance throughout company, and.
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. I will never work for Jacob's again. It is a government contract and they do everything possible to undermine the Government personnel and cause conflicts. They thrive on drama.
Pros
Non
Cons
Healthcare
growth in carrier good learnings, good company culture, good hr policy, good staff, timings are also perfect, healthy atmosphere, i will love to join again Jacob's if I got an opportunity
This companies compensation package was far better than every other job opportunity I had when I joined them a little over a year ago. They also have a very inclusive work environment in which everyone can feel safe. They really shined during the pandemic when they allowed us to telework to help prevent the spread of the virus and ensure everyone's safety. They even provided free training during this time, and I'm not talking about a 15 minute powerpoint that someone threw together, I'm talking official CCNP level training. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a lifelong career.
Pros
Superior pay and compensation, Inclusive environment, takes care of people, careers that advance human progress
Cons
Trabaje en el sector de servicios generales, responsabilidad total en lo que respecta administración de campamento y logística de empleados de la empresa, bajo la gerencia de un Líder muy competitivo, reo que hasta el cierre del campamento de la minera Vale.

sds Cordiales Oscar Rolon.
Pros
Excelente la Obra social.
Cons
Este tipo de emprendimiento no te da descanso siempre a full.
Overall a very nice place to work. Friendly and helpful coworkers. Work can be mundane, but such is the case with any job. Very understanding management, but since it is a huge company, once issues extend beyond your office, it can be very difficult to get them resolved.
Pros
Lunch and learns, nice coworkers, nice environment, good opportunity to learn
Cons
Large company can make you feel inconsequential
Jacobs is a productive and fun work place. Amazing people, flexible schedule ,. the company cares for its employees and proves that in several aspects.
Please if you want to ladder your career go away as faster as you can from this place. Opportunity to grow was not possible. Communication with employee won't be available.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Waste time
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.
1.7K