Jacobs

Jacobs Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,827 reviews
Ch2m
CH2M was s good place to work. I learned about corporate graphic design, the company gave me my start and I loved working there. Jacobs bought it out and I was laid off so I don’t care for Jacobs. But CH2M I loved working for.
There is no stability
Jacob's will lay you off quick. This is not for long term career advancement; once the work is gone, you're gone!!!! Jacob's will not keep you for future projects.
Repetitive
Nothing special, management driven and instability, job insecurity.

I had a sweet tongued boss who was too busy saving his chair rather than be a leader for the team.
Prefer not to disclose
Jacobs are a world leading consultancy. delivering solutions for wide ranging clients. They are very strong in position all over the world and have many areas of expertise in the UK markets.
Healthy environment with professional people
At Jacobs you feel welcomed, and quickly integrated with your team. Diversity and inclusion are of their top priority. If you feel a need for a technical or administrative support, there is always someone to help you out.
Good to work for
American company with some odd ideas to the British, but you get used to it. Good to work for with a good team and interesting work.
Loyalty seems to only go one way though (might be the bitter me saying that as just been put at risk of redundancy in the middle of a pandemic (this is after CEO video messaged a while ago that the company was financially healthy to ride out the situation!)
Pros
Free fruit, good working conditions
Cons
Jacobs is good to work
1. Overall it's good company to work and can retain association for a longer duration.
2. It's a big brand name

3. Ethics from American roots are friendly
care about the employee
care about the employee until they run out of work, then its time to say good bye, not much else to say, these are for the good of the company...……...
Productive workplace
The company hosts a completely productive, competitive and respectful environment for its employees. It provides a huge amount of opportunities to its employees to enhance their skills and use them to make projects successful.
Jacobs is a big firm with lots of opportunities
Jacobs has a good work culture and its programme management capability is second to none.

Colleagues are generally friendly and professional.

The leadership is excellent in promoting its high profile projects
Ganz ok.
Arbeit hat mir viel Spass gemacht, aber die Konditionen (15 min Pause bei teilweise 8 Std Arbeit) ging gar nicht und viel zu wenig Kartons zum verpacken.
Difficult to Find Your Footing
Tough place for a first job; very little training; very little attention and care given to younger employees; multiple hours per day doing nothing despite asking for work
Excellent Job culture
Jacobs have provided excellent job culture. Management was very helpful. HR and administration collaborated with project team efficiently. Good workplace culture for experienced Engineers
If you are part of the Good Ol' boys you'll make it
In general you are paid well but if you are not billable then you get laid off andusually with-out notice. They will tell you they have years of work and then one day shut it all down with out warning.
They recruit you you then lay you off.
Good company
A good company to work for. Most managers were effective and supportive, some were distant and not so supportive. The office had groups of old school types, working direct for clients was more pleasant.
Great team to work with/for
Jacobs is the most ethical company I have ever had the opportunity to work with. During my about 12 years there, I was alsways asked to work safely, to delight the customer and to improve myself.
Work is like a team work to achieve goal
It 's a very good work place to develop career by achieving new and advanced technologies and relaxed style, same time fast paced working with a team and manager is always with us to ensure we can go ahead without any hurdles.
Professional and Friendly Way of Working
People in Jacobs in Calgary, AB office are very friendly and helpful, and they are professional enough to handle work related matters. I enjoyed my experience working with them.
Dont work here
Lead Tech is a extreme micro manager making it a difficult place making it a difficult environment. Name calling ensued, making it worse. don't work here.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor management
Great Company
Worked for Jacobs for almost 2 years in JITC tasking. Great benefits and job growth. Excellent HR department and staff to assist me in my job endeavors.
Rat Race
If yoy are looking for a job just for the time being well this is it. You cannot trust anyone and I mean anyone at this job. There is no loyalty towards the workers and management. I've seen guys with over 25 years of service with the company, get fired without any respect given.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.
1.7K