Jacobs

Jacobs Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,907 reviews
There's possibilities for improvements within the company that need to be addressed immediately to stop from great engineers and great staff from leaving due to ineffective management.
no buena , no cumplen con los tiempos ofrecidos de duración del trabajo
Cons
mal organizadas las asignaciones de trabajo
For a technically advanced company it’s not organized well enough to support any real effort in efficient means of cost effective solutions to make a difference in making work environment better than before they took over the contract!
Pros
Have not found anything yet unfortunately get paid weekly!
Cons
Almost everything!
The engineers I've met were very friendly and welcomed me when I first started. Lots of intelligent and hardworking people who were integral to the company. However, the administrative side of the office definitely liked to gossip and higher management liked to partake in it. I interacted daily with lots of people in the office and I often hear this and that from the assistants. I understand that assistants work closely with upper management but gossiping and bad-mouthing other employees should not be tolerated. With lockdowns and office closures, management's initial instructions were very unclear for those that still have to go in the office (aka the job as the glorified front desk) especially after a huge COVID incident in the office. As it usually is being a "lowly employee", we were given all the admin work while everyone else got to work remotely. It's not a bad thing necessarily but it's insulting to see the upper management talk like they were stepping up to the plate and yet they stayed in the safety of their homes.I didn't necessarily learn anything that's not company exclusive stuff but I appreciated the warm welcome when I first started.
Overall very good company culture. They focus on retention and are slowing adapting to bring the company out of the traditional “old school” mentality. The company is a good one to work for in the industry.
Good company to work for with good salary. Work on three different contracts. When my first position task order contract was ending was able to transfer to another Jacobs position on a different contract.
Got hired .. within 4 months i got laid off with a 18 month lease to deal with.Office I was in was only a trailer with two desks. Of course coworker had no common curiosity and just worried about them, if hot or cold, heater up or down. It was terrible. I ended wearing thermals under my clothes just to keep warm at work, in the office.Not worth the time and effort getting hired here.
Pros
Cons
everything
Everyone helps each other, there is no cliques or people out for each other, free tea and coffee, Good management structure, the most enjoyable part of the job was the people, relaxed atmosphere, subject matter experts on hand to help.
Pros
Flexi time, 9 day fortnight
Cons
awful paperwork procedures
Management was bad very bad equipment always braking down would make drivers go palaces they was not comfortable with benefits are bad health insurance is absolutely a joke dont give you any time off till a year then its only 3 days
Pros
There are none
Cons
A company with great work ethics and values. Peers encourage and provide the knowledge necessary for anyone to improve in what they're supposed to be completing.
Not an inclusive environment. Lacks skilled middle management. Top heavy with young graduates in order to charge the client higher margins, failing on quality and delivery without the experience needed. NOT equal or transparent salary brackets. Internal politics out of kilter with professional ability. Undervalued key staff. Cheap oversees labour of over qualified staff the business program, not good ethics. Superficial environment within which to work.
Pros
Benefits scheme and flexible working hours
Cons
Not rewarding or loyal to experienced employees
The people are friendly and helpful but expect to fend for yourself in many ways. The only way to stay afloat is to have billable hours and you won't always get help from your managers.
Jacobs is great company that offers competitive salary and have a great work culture with a clear path for career growth. It provides training and all the necessary support to succeed
If you want an easy relaxing yet very good learning experience, this is the job for you. It looks good on a resume. Pay is terrible. Most people work here for 2 or 3 years then go make double elsewhere.
Pros
Vacarion time
Cons
Pay
Good company but no room for advancement.Diffent opportunities to work in other states or even countries. Really enjoy amount of PTO that can be accrued.
They try to give you enough guide lines for the project , and you can take any help technical as well as out of scope too, just to complete assigned work in time. The management as well as other colleagues are very friendly in extending all the possible help in applying software and other tools for completing the job. Overall, a great place to work.
Pros
Arrange family picnic twice a year, depending upon the weather conditions permitting. A great cafeteria with subsidized food.
Cons
They expect people should try to remain punctual.
I work with great team members who are highly supportive, hard working and intelligent. The issue is with management who praises a team mentality but will take credit wherever they can and throw others under the bus for the sake of maintaining their own credibility. Speaking up about concerns will get a target on you.
I truly enjoyed my time here and would recommend working at Jacobs to anyone. Management was very on top of their game and incredibly responsive. Salary was mediocre, perhaps mid-career level.
Pros
Great management and communication; great benefits
Cons
Mediocre salary
Great environment with opportunities of learning new things in the water and waste water industry. Was able to work with different payroll and purchase cards applications such as oracle, workflow very distinct from my experiences with municipalities.
Oversal impressions was great. Id go back if possible. Pay and hours were great.The staff were helpfull and friendly.Quick to respond and give answers and solutions .
Jacob's offers programs for all who want to get the most out of life and career. There are many interesting departments throughout the company for all employees to join a specific base that interests you in the community.
Pros
Great company leadership in career management
  1. Employee Reviews