Jacobs

Jacobs Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,848 reviews
There's possibilities for improvements within the company that need to be addressed immediately to stop from great engineers and great staff from leaving due to ineffective management.
Good work location and culture. Had a reasonable work/life balance and benefits package. Commute to and from work was reasonable.

Complex and top heavy hierarchy of management which made it difficult to streamline processes and operations management.
Jacob's will lay you off quick. This is not for long term career advancement; once the work is gone, you're gone!!!! Jacob's will not keep you for future projects.
Nothing special, management driven and instability, job insecurity.

I had a sweet tongued boss who was too busy saving his chair rather than be a leader for the team.
Jacobs are a world leading consultancy. delivering solutions for wide ranging clients. They are very strong in position all over the world and have many areas of expertise in the UK markets.
At Jacobs you feel welcomed, and quickly integrated with your team. Diversity and inclusion are of their top priority. If you feel a need for a technical or administrative support, there is always someone to help you out.
American company with some odd ideas to the British, but you get used to it. Good to work for with a good team and interesting work.
Loyalty seems to only go one way though (might be the bitter me saying that as just been put at risk of redundancy in the middle of a pandemic (this is after CEO video messaged a while ago that the company was financially healthy to ride out the situation!)
Pros
Free fruit, good working conditions
Cons
1. Overall it's good company to work and can retain association for a longer duration.
2. It's a big brand name

3. Ethics from American roots are friendly
care about the employee until they run out of work, then its time to say good bye, not much else to say, these are for the good of the company...……...
The company hosts a completely productive, competitive and respectful environment for its employees. It provides a huge amount of opportunities to its employees to enhance their skills and use them to make projects successful.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Jacobs?
Jacobs has a good work culture and its programme management capability is second to none.

Colleagues are generally friendly and professional.

The leadership is excellent in promoting its high profile projects
Arbeit hat mir viel Spass gemacht, aber die Konditionen (15 min Pause bei teilweise 8 Std Arbeit) ging gar nicht und viel zu wenig Kartons zum verpacken.
Tough place for a first job; very little training; very little attention and care given to younger employees; multiple hours per day doing nothing despite asking for work
Jacobs have provided excellent job culture. Management was very helpful. HR and administration collaborated with project team efficiently. Good workplace culture for experienced Engineers
In general you are paid well but if you are not billable then you get laid off andusually with-out notice. They will tell you they have years of work and then one day shut it all down with out warning.
They recruit you you then lay you off.
A good company to work for. Most managers were effective and supportive, some were distant and not so supportive. The office had groups of old school types, working direct for clients was more pleasant.
Jacobs is the most ethical company I have ever had the opportunity to work with. During my about 12 years there, I was alsways asked to work safely, to delight the customer and to improve myself.
It 's a very good work place to develop career by achieving new and advanced technologies and relaxed style, same time fast paced working with a team and manager is always with us to ensure we can go ahead without any hurdles.
People in Jacobs in Calgary, AB office are very friendly and helpful, and they are professional enough to handle work related matters. I enjoyed my experience working with them.
Lead Tech is a extreme micro manager making it a difficult place making it a difficult environment. Name calling ensued, making it worse. don't work here.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor management
Worked for Jacobs for almost 2 years in JITC tasking. Great benefits and job growth. Excellent HR department and staff to assist me in my job endeavors.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.
1.7K