Jacobs

Jacobs Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Calgary, AB170 reviews
People in Jacobs in Calgary, AB office are very friendly and helpful, and they are professional enough to handle work related matters. I enjoyed my experience working with them.
It 's a very good work place to develop career by achieving new and advanced technologies and relaxed style, same time fast paced working with a team and manager is always with us to ensure we can go ahead without any hurdles.
Challenging company environment with room to grow. Great vision and a very unique and developed view on safety. It is a great company to work for.
Truly global engineering company with possibilities to move internationally.
Very good and enjoyable place to work, productive, opportunity to learn new skills. Safety is the first with multi-culture environment. looking forward to working with Jacobs again.
I was there 18 years, joined when it was Delta but then bought by Jacobs as they wanted in on the Oilsands activity. Some very good and experienced people, office culture was good with excellent salary. In the last few years of my time there the company got involved in Work Share with India which was done to reduce project costs. Quality of deliverables suffered which put pressure on the home office but this has become the nature of the business now. I was made redundant in 2015 with the oil and gas downturn.
Detailed, high ethic standards and commitment to safety.
Help other, team work, use questioning attitude, adhere to policies and procedure. respect coworkers.
I work in the environmental services group and it is great. Great people, cohesive team atmosphere, fast-paced, supportive, and lots of learning opportunities.
Pros
Team support and cohesion
Cons
Large corporate structure
It was a great place to work with strong talented employees and teamwork was prioritised. I enjoyed the many social activities that were part of the company culture and the flexibility of working reduced hours when needed.
great place to work and need to fill out this form. I do not want to say anything else. Just compete the form. and too bad about the multiple characters.
I like to work in this company. People are very accommodating and helpful. Even through the job market is slow they try to accommodate people on other projects.
good leadership excellent environment
fun group of people

chance to travel to India and experience work in another country

Was able to travel to CNRL Horizon site and be involved in troubleshooting on site.
productive work place, quite place, busy, helpfull. Uasslly open at 6:30 and at weekend. mostly no work on weekend especislly need overtime based on project scheduel.
The atmosphere at Jacobs was jovial and i enjoyed working there. My colleagues were knowlegeabel and helped me learn the systems quickly. the projects were varied and interesting.
The first time I worked there I loved it. I loved the work and the people on my project teams were great. I would have loved to have stayed until retirement. I got unexpectedly laid off in Jan 2015. I went back in May 2017 to same position but to half my salary with no benefits. It was wonderful to be back working with the staff again. I was there until Dec 2018. In June 2018 the Administrative Manager moved to a different role and the position went to another Administrative Assistant who I had worked with previously. Once she became my Manager she became hard to work with. Jacobs had purchased CH2M the previous year and became integrated into Jacobs in 2018. I was tasked with assisting their staff with booking their meetings and other general tasks. It was approximately 4 hours per day which I charged to a non-bill account. Jacobs staff charge their hours to projects they are working on eg: Suncor, Nova Chemicals etc. I was given the non-bill code for this work. There came a time when they were almost fully integrated and I was only charge 5 - 10 hours per week. I was told by this Manager I could no longer charge to the code and would have to charge to projects I did not work on. As this was unethical i refused and the job became very stressful with the result of me being laid off December 21, 2018 even though there was no issues with my work. It got so bad that I went to HR and it was never resolved.
I have worked for a couple of engineering, procure and construct companies ~ Jacobs was probably the best for valuing experience and not micromanaging, they seemed quite capable of handling the uneasy balance between Client demands and expectations and Reality.
But in the end, you're there as a commodity ~ one of their corporate mottoes is: 'People are our asset.' I thought that was was sort of ironic that they don't really own anything except people, and farm out talent and chair warmers to the highest bidder.

Mediocre experience that fit with my needs at the time and place in my life ~ I don't think I would have lasted more than the 2 projects that I was hired for....
Good work management and safety standards . It is good platform to work for carrier growth . it is stable company , work ethics are very good .
improve skills
A company that had challenges with merging cultures of acquisitions made for a challenging work environment and gaps in strategic vision.
- good culture

- opportunity for development

- fast paced day
The one star is being generous!!! Did not feel like I was a part of any team. As I was training I felt like I should know everything the first time and if I asked questions after that I was being annoying based on the tone of the answers I got.
I found Jacobs to be an excellent place to work. There were opportunities for advancement, and there rates were competitive. There is a great team spirit at the discipline level. The work share environment towards the end of my time there was a challenge.
I had fun working with Jacobs, It's a great company to work with. Bur I wanted to experinece how ti looks like working with owner compamy and so I resigned and went to work for Japan Canada Oil Sands to contribute to Hangingstone project fom quaity management perspective. Overall, Jacobs is a great company to work with. Good processes in place.
Pros
good processes
Cons
Complaince
One of the good engineering company having a heritage. Has been improving procedures, work processes which help in day to day activities. A lot of good and knowledgeable team members with whom you would like to work and enjoy your work and be proud of.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.
1.7K