Jacobs

Jacobs Employee Reviews in Denver, CO

Denver, CO72 reviews
Enjoyed the challenging and rewarding work environment. I worked on a variety of projects from oil and gas to VA Hospital build. Worked part of my time with them in an office building in downtown Denver and then on the job site at the VA Hospital.
care about the employee until they run out of work, then its time to say good bye, not much else to say, these are for the good of the company...……...
Capable of producing good engineering product. Rather high stress. Someone looking over your shoulder constantly. Did not like office environment for engineers. Old fashioned office environment like secretarial pool. Management varies considerably.
You will be laid off so that executives can make their quarterly bonuses, or if your project is completed or if any type acquisition occurs and the culture is very, very corporate, lots of PC games and clicks so be careful!
Mad-cap, insane-paced, fun contract. In and out quickly, including an overseas trip. Folks friendly and hard-working, knowledgeable. I would gladly work with them again.
Jacobs aquired my company and then tore down years of work sent us backward in time 5 years and removed vast security and infasturucture from IT. Jacobs can only grow by buying other companies and due to a terrible wall of middle managment many employees are unheard and not represented. I think the CEO has a vision of what he wants the company to be but due to a very poor organizational structure they are light years away from getting there.
Great teamwork, everyone was goal oriented. Hardest part of the job was moving from one project to the next. Company always provided good benefits. The managers were always interested in their employees future and kept employees abreast of company happenings.
If taken in stride and enjoy 35hr work weeks, freedom of working all over Colorado and don't want or need overtime this could be a good fit. Working for giant companies is not for everyone and sometimes good surveyors can get lost in middle management.
Good company
Knowledgeable colleagues

Limited career advancement opportunities

Great place to hone skills

Leadership is supportive and willing to listen
Jacobs provided a modern work atmosphere and quality mentoring programs, designed for career advancement. Projects were assigned based on personnel qualifications and applicable job description.
Jacobs only goes for the extra large bids because they loose the smaller ones to smaller firms. Poor in-house training for employees. Management not exposed to or afraid to explore latest project delivery methologies.
Pros
Global
Cons
Poor training for employees
The most significant benefit of Jacobs was the autonomy they gave me because of the trust of my managers, who had known me for 30 or more years. However this particular office did not perform well enough to complete jobs within budget, so did no win subsequent projects that they bid. This caused a downturn in the office which resulted in de-staffing.
Pros
Office location
Cons
Poor management
For many years, I was proud to say I was employed by Jacobs. Once Jacobs merged with CH2M, the culture changed drastically and the benefits that we once had with Jacobs were cut in an effort to streamline with CH2M employees. Vacation hours were cut, salaries were reviewed, and employees with specific titles were cut across the board. Long time Jacobs employees are being replaced with CH employees and management no longer fosters a culture of Caring for employees. For years the slogan was Employees are our Greatest Asset - that has now been taken off the logo as well.
Great place to work, professional people and management. Safe work environment lead to a happy workplace and a calming, productive team. Some travel, which was always enjoyable.
Company has lots of resources but tends to overload with management personnel on projects, dropped their construction arm and failed at some key alternate delivery projects
Pros
company culture, resources
Cons
lack added value for top dollar
Good Place to work. I leveraged my skills with my client. Learned a lot from there. Got a chance to learn and explore technologies of Taleo TCC, Onboarding etc.
Wonderful Location. Easy public transportation. Management weak.
Hired to bring a project back to schedule. Experience level of permanent personnel below par. Even the department manager was a contractor. High turnover.
Pros
Easy access to location
Cons
Project split between offices made no sense.
I don't have that much to say, however based on how long I worked for Jacobs, I'd say it really was one of the better companies I have worked for. Thank you.
Great people customers worker bosses leaders chief executive vice presidents location culture lunch room work balanced with life needs education assistance
Major companies seem to merge and if you are working for upper management and they are fired you will also be fired because of your association with the manager.
Seems that there is not much internal advancement and once your position is over they do not assist in helping you find other work. The management at my job site at the VA G=Hospital in Aurora was excellent and provided me with valuable experience in hopes of continuing my employment at Jacobs. Even though Jacobs has a regional office in Denver it seems they do not place a priority in obtaining work to keep the employees in the area.
Pros
Excellent Project Managers
Cons
No internal advancement
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.
1.7K