Jacobs

Jacobs Employee Reviews in Goose Creek, SC

Goose Creek, SC19 reviews
I've learned alot about my trade at Jacobs. They taught me how to be efficient in my trade and how to adapt to any environment. I stayed with the company for a while and learn important skills while there.
In general you are paid well but if you are not billable then you get laid off andusually with-out notice. They will tell you they have years of work and then one day shut it all down with out warning.
They recruit you you then lay you off.
Jacob's was a great and fantastic company to work for before they went out of business if they would start back up the business today I would love to go back to work for Jacobs Engineering Group
Cons
Great friendly work place , paid well , paid weekly . Great benefits and great management. Paid vacation and sick time . Learned how to bevel and fit pipe screw pipe .
Pros
Teaching unfamiliar things
Cons
Short breaks
I was employed at Jacobs and loved this company the only reason I left them was because I was laid off. If I wasn't laid off I would still be working there.
Pros
Very clean and organized site.
Cons
Always something to do in the work place. Good communication with the fellows on the Job. Always Safety First. Jacobs is one of the better Jobs I've had in Construction. Good group of people to work with. I'm looking forward working for them again. Hope that they will grow and have more jobs.
Pros
Good Lunch Room, and a place to clean up.
Cons
Heath Care was not always offered.
I absolutely loved my job. I got to help and learn things everyday. My work environment was awesome. If they were still in business i would have love to work there again.
Pros
Work environment was awesome
Cons
Job ended to early
Dedicate yourself to safety at all times. Work with confidence and teamwork. Share your work experience with all project team members and the client to complete all project work requirements to meet schedule and budjet requirements.
Pros
Safety Awards, BudjetCompliances
Cons
Failing to meet a schedule or delivery.
I loved going to work every day but some of the people high up did not care about the working man they just wonted more for their pocket. they had to many chiefs in charge a company like Jacobs don't care we are just a number.
Professional environment with great benefits, very good leadership and I would work there given a new contract is awarded in Logistics. Training was very extensive and gave me the knowledge and support that allowed me to excel in all ares of my tasks.
Attened morning safety meetings. Monitored field activities for compliance. Conducted accident and incident investigations and assited site managemet in determining a path forward plan. Conducted site specific and mobile equipment traiing. Responsible for monthly inspection on fire extinguishers. Conducted montly safety audits.
I have worked here for ten years, and made some good friends. It is unfortunate that our facility was not able to make money.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Managers build domains, dog-eat-dog to get billable hours.
Early morning and ten hour days. Housekeeping was easy but wanted to learn new things as well.
Pros
great pay
Cons
not sure when you will get let go
Working at Jacobs was an opportunity given to me by my dad where I was able to learn skills that will stay with me for life. I always enjoyed going into work each day and never wanted to leave early. I enjoyed working with my hands and always felt accomplished at the end of the day.
would recommend this company to everyone very nice people and safe fun place to work
I was a welder fitter far left miantenance ,I was always busy which i injoyed. I just injoyed working there.
Conducted monthly safety audits with foreman's.
Conducted site specific orientation and mobile equipment training.

Led accident and incident investigations and assisted site management in determining a path forward plan.

Coordinated and led subcontractor's safety meetings for all projects.

Coordinated monthly fire extinguisher inspection for the whole site.

Attended weekly progress meetings for all projects.

Gathered safety data and prepared reports.

Prepared weekly safety hours and prepared reports.
Everyday we would conduct multiple safety meetings and do things to a very high safety standard.
Check in through gate and plan work day plus all work and safety hazzards. Be more safety contious of things around.Management and co-workers were pleasent to work with.The hardest part of the job was always remembering the safety first before doing a job.The ability to learn something new.
Pros
salary, benefits, and closeness of those around
Cons
job security changes with work projects
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.
1.7K