Jacobs

Jacobs Employee Reviews in Hampton, VA

Hampton, VA15 reviews
Very stable company depending on which division you are working for. Lots of opportunity to grow especially if you are able to relocate and don't mind traveling.
Pros
job stability
Cons
healthcare
Jacobs is the most ethical company I have ever had the opportunity to work with. During my about 12 years there, I was alsways asked to work safely, to delight the customer and to improve myself.
Working for Jacobs especially at the 14x22 wind tunnel is a fun and very professional place to be at. Management as well as coworkers are all very responsible and hard working.
I totally agree with Jacobs philosophy that if you put the customer first, profits will follow. Management allows workers to take reasonable risk to produce reward. Extremely positive work environment.
Jacobs has a great work environment. Great team environment. Team member actually support one another to accomplish a task. Able to travel and meet new people.
Pros
Great team environment.
Cons
The manager does not have a degree does not take advice on area's where he is weak, take work maters personal and retaliates.
Poor communication from the top down and there is no direction.
Great place to work in support of various government needs. Very competent company with knowledgeable leadership and a commitment to safety in all regards.
Although healthcare was probably my biggest gripe with them it was sufficient to meet my families needs. Other than that the culture was great low stress and fun environment. I loved working for them.
Pros
great enviroment, team atomsphere
Cons
healthcare cost
GREAT PLACE TO WORK LIMITED GROWTH POTENTIAL.
work hours are 7-330 daily very limited overtime.

can do just about anything as far a working goes. one day you can be installing a light the next day installing the worlds largest horizontally mounted motor. the people here are for the most part great to work with , just do your job and you have no trouble with the bosses. The hardest part of the job would be finding work to do to stay busy some days. the most enjoyable part is being able to see thing most people only see on tv
Pros
flexible time for doctors appts
Cons
limited growth potential
Not much room for advancement but pays the bills. Typical government contractor you are treated as expendable. not bad for a short run but look for something that you enjoy doing in the long run.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Jacobs?
Good place to work. Saw a lot of neat things you cant see anywhere else. The mechanics there were top notch. You get to work on windtunnels
Excellent place to work and the jobs are very challenging and demanding. Safety is high priority there and enforced. There are no typical days, all jobs demand strict communication, and attention.
Jacobs just started a new contract. There's currently no job security. There has been tons of layoffs since I've been employed with the company. There's also no room for advancement, unless you have some outside personal relationship with upper management. So with that being said, apply for position with Jacobs Technology in Hampton, VA at your own risk.
Pros
Good work environment.
Cons
Constant layoffs, not much room for advancement
Jacobs is a great company to work for. They are growing at a rate of approximately 15% per year and are involved in a variety of industries.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
N/a
Jacobs Technology is a safety driven, hard working company that is great to be employed with. The problems fall on the pay structure and the lack of advancing your career within the company. I have found it to be a struggle to find other positions that keep me challenged.
Pros
great work environment, great managers, unique workplace
Cons
pay structure, advancement, dead-end jobs
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.
1.7K