Jacobs

Jacobs Employee Reviews in San Antonio, TX

San Antonio, TX20 reviews
Having worked in and with several Jacobs' offices, each has a distinct approach to job culture, security, and management. Other than most project reporting and job procedures, there is no unity from one office to the next which is typically guided by the office head. There seems to be no checking guidelines by the primary corporation to insure unity. Some offices are people oriented, others are not; some offer flexible work schedules, others do not; some reward exceptional effort, others do not. There is no bonus structure and salary increases barely meet cost=of-living.
I worked on a classified contract with the USAF Security Service doing acquisition and disposition of assets worldwide. The contract was just a short term contract but I would have loved it to be a long term contract.
Department went through 3 managers while employed 8 months on the job.
Very disappointed in there platform for field agents that have projects in other states. Manager were very narrow minded and were about themselves than being a good leader.
Pros
The director was great to work for.
Cons
Managers were not leaders
CH2M HILL was sold. When I joined CH2 they were an execellent company, promoted education, advancement, etc. The project teams all worked well together until the end. It was a pleasure serving with them and I enjoyed every encounter. I believe it was a combination of poor management and the economy which ended up destroying the company and the company culture. I was with them a very long time and do not regret one moment overall.
Pros
The project teams were very cohesive
Cons
Poor management after Ralph Peterson passed away.
was able to perform quality survey jobs in a productive amount of time from the assistance from my other survey department information needed to obtain the proper data needed to accomplish the task
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Good company to work for with good salary's and ability to transfer between different offices. Get to work often with people from different offices and take assignments in other countries. Work ranges from transportation, petrochemical, airport design and urban planning.
Pros
Great benefits and flexible work hours
Cons
Very large corporation
Walk on by, do not bother. You will be looking for your next job the very first week you are there. Being a Federal contractor has it's "perks" (all the Government holidays, meetings that are informative and professional).
benefits
Cons
management
A great place to work with great people. I have no problems or issues recommending Jacobs as a company to work for! The people and those in position of authority are excellent and top notch as well!
Pros
Great Experience With The Projects & Programs I Was Assigned.
Cons
Too Much Travel!
I've been at Jacobs for 1 yr. working with a great PM Team. I've enjoyed the company culture and their flex hours. However since the work is strictly contract based, it's a headache once the contract ends and the only option to remain an employee is to relocate.
Pros
Competitive Salaries
Cons
Work is dependent on the market and contract based.
Gave me my first job opportunity, nice coworkers, good luncheons celebrated employees, professional doctors, days off, able to be part of a testing for pay
Pros
free lunch
Cons
office manager
In San Antonio, my responsibilities included pulling together drawings and specs for projects which were about to leave the office for any reason and be seen by the client. Early prelims, design development, early CS's and finished procurement documents were reviewed by me and the team of experts which put together.

I then wrote technical specs for design projects done by San Antonio staff. I mentored people and brought them along to become registered architects themselves.

I reported to a vice president and a senior partner.
Pros
Very busy until we ran array with the Corps of Engineers.
Cons
We had way too much of our workload relying on Federal contracts.
This company value its people and safety is primary in all work functions. Leadership is open to employee ideas.
One of the best managed companies I have worked for.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
contract work
Typical day involves testing military communications equipment, both ground and secure airborne.
I work with very dedicated and talented engineers.
Pros
Secure employment
Cons
Living from contract award to contract award.
Very good product with good leadership and vision, big and small projects apply for FaceKey. Oil and gas industry could really use this product.
Pros
Future of security
Cons
Not many
I enjoy being part of the Jacob's team working toward helping our clients reach their goals.
The company is people oriented and the managment makes you feel part of a team working towards a common goal. The compensation/benefits are very good to include their dental/vision.
Pros
managment is professional and approachable.
good company to work for if you are ok with contractor work. if you are willing to move to boston you will always have a job.
Pros
well respected company with a lot of jobs
Cons
contractor work.
Very flexible working environment. Given much responsibility.
I have learned how to manage databases and to build strong, lasting relationships with clients.
I really enjoyed going to work everyday of my internship. All the managers that I worked with gave great advice and guidance. The work environment was always pleasant and everyone worked well with each other.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.
1.7K