Jacobs

Jacobs Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Administrative Assistant92 reviews
Worked for multiple people It's always fun helping others and feeling you have accomplished for the day. Worked with a close nit of employees. Learning from different areas of the company.
Pros
Working for respectful, caring people
Cons
Not feeling there's enough time in a day sometmes
The most enjoyable part about working for Jacobs was being able to work with great people.
I learned how to process invoices and upload receipts to the management system.
Safety conscious and customer oriented. Overall, good company to work for that hires to the customer needs. Can be schedule driven at times but will compensate accordingly.
Very interesting work. Great workplace culture. What I enjoyed was the freedom to advance myself as I got to learn more about the company. The hours were very nice. I was able to come in when I needed to and work 9 hour days and 4 hours on Friday. If I had a print job that would be a little distracting to other employees I was able to arrive in the early AM (4am if needed) and work without disrupting anyone and work my 9 hours and leave. I worked with a lot of very interesting and helpful people.
Pros
The ability to have the opportunity to add as much new work as I desired.
Cons
compensation, some managers were not experienced in management
If you get on with a cohesive contracting group within Jacobs, you could have a long standing career. The various contracting opportunities are almost endless and the education funding is a great perk.
Fun workplace yet hardworking. Busy buy enjoyable. Learned about Concur expense software program. Hardest part of job was starting a new job all over again after 10 years.
Jacobs is a decent company. They offer engineering and construction services.

They have offices throughout the United States, as well as the World.
I learned a lot for almost 5 years of working in Jacobs, the management was very cooperative and supportive, working atmosphere is good and productive
The first time I worked there I loved it. I loved the work and the people on my project teams were great. I would have loved to have stayed until retirement. I got unexpectedly laid off in Jan 2015. I went back in May 2017 to same position but to half my salary with no benefits. It was wonderful to be back working with the staff again. I was there until Dec 2018. In June 2018 the Administrative Manager moved to a different role and the position went to another Administrative Assistant who I had worked with previously. Once she became my Manager she became hard to work with. Jacobs had purchased CH2M the previous year and became integrated into Jacobs in 2018. I was tasked with assisting their staff with booking their meetings and other general tasks. It was approximately 4 hours per day which I charged to a non-bill account. Jacobs staff charge their hours to projects they are working on eg: Suncor, Nova Chemicals etc. I was given the non-bill code for this work. There came a time when they were almost fully integrated and I was only charge 5 - 10 hours per week. I was told by this Manager I could no longer charge to the code and would have to charge to projects I did not work on. As this was unethical i refused and the job became very stressful with the result of me being laid off December 21, 2018 even though there was no issues with my work. It got so bad that I went to HR and it was never resolved.
I worked at Jacobs for 9 years before they didn't have a project for me to go to. The downfall was that I was never notified of my termination until I received a letter from my medical facility. Otherwise, I enjoyed working on the projects and conquering the challenges.
I will defenitly do it again. Great learning experience and i gained good knowledge about the construction field as well as the administrative roles.
Great, hard working people, wanting to make a difference in communities here in Utah and neighboring states. Very competitive company within the market of Engineering- quality work!
Good company and position but they went out of local area so I left. would go back if I had the opportunity. I left since had a head up the office I was at was closing and didn't want to get caught in a layoff. enjoyed the people and job.
Pros
flex schedule
Cons
Team work was essential to the workplace culture as well as safety. Typically updated documentation as directed by engineering staff. The hardest part of the job was being on a plant location.
I was terminated because I fractured my ankle so they came up with some bogus accusations. Now workers comp doesn't want to cover my medical treatment because the adjuster said I injured my ankle in a car accident (even though this is on video).
Pros
flex schedule
Cons
Pay is very good! You get good benefits and PTO according to how long you have been with company. You can choose your hours (6-2, 7-3, etc)
When plenty of work is coming into the company, you stay quite busy. But watch out if work slows down. You may wind up getting laid off.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Work is up and down
I worked a 40 hour week. We could work 4 10's or 5 8's. I preferred the 4 10's. Jacobs is a very large company. They are all over the world. They have a great benefits and salary was very comparable to what other companies were paying. I worked with Jacobs 3/02 to 12/06 and again 10/12 to 8/14. Construction can be a hard field when it comes to job employment. Once you have finished a project you wait for the next project to start.
Pros
They have a parking garage, They have cafetirias for each building, so you dont have to leave to eat.
Cons
The traffic is horrible in that part of Houston.
Jacobs was a great place to work. Their culture of caring really shows in how they treat their employees. They truly do believe that their employees are their greatest asset.
Excellent company to work for. Room for learning and growth. Respect for there employees. As an employee you feel like you matter and are apart of a Team
Great atmosphere with great supervisor who was helpful and patient. Help me to learn and gain confidence in a field I really loved. Would recommend to anyone
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.
1.7K