Jacobs

Jacobs Employee Reviews for Engineer

Engineer68 reviews
I never worked as a perm employee just as a temp... I tried to gain full time employment but never got hired. YET ! I am still looking to possible to get hired one day soon!
Worked for Jacobs for almost 2 years in JITC tasking. Great benefits and job growth. Excellent HR department and staff to assist me in my job endeavors.
Very Nice working in Jacobs. Good work culture and work life balance . Also good collaborative work between different office for the delivery of work.
If you get paid higher your most likely get fired first, firing people with some stupid reason unethical way is most common at this location. Plan to fail every project is the primary agenda due to older experience staff experts those who don't change or listen, think I know everything in project. Anyway good luck to people who blame others then themself in failing projects as a lead and project manager.
Not a bad company but you can tell that it's now publicly traded. There is a huge disconnect between management and teams and very little of the old school mentality survives. The company (CH2M) used to be involved in R&D, used to have a lab, used to get involved with university research. Interns and juniors should make sure that there are existing projects to work on and a mentorship structure (like have a mentor named). At times it can look a little like the Hunger Games for the juniors as they hope to get hours...
Pros
some good projects, strong safety culture
Cons
gross margin is the highest priority much of the time
I was treated fairly and provided tools and help when ever it was needed. Top priority is safety. Hard work is noticed and rewarded. Good benefits and bonuses
Jacobs helped me gain necessary skills needed to move forward. While I would have liked to have stayed with the company, moving up can be difficult. But overall, they provide great training and give great opportunities to work with impressive companies.
no career advancement
good benefits

good work life balance

managers force you to take days off when there is not enough work

doesn't feel like they care about their employees
Pros
free lunches
Big programme management business, so you are Just one of a number. not particularly personal. tend to sell their staff out on to major programmes and leave them to iy
Good company to work for, good work and life balance. There is a flexible working agreement in place which means you can work longer hours Monday - Thursday and finish early on Friday. You can also work from home.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Management sometimes don't listen
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Jacobs?
Experience was not what was promised. Even after 2 years. Corporate culture does not line up with my beliefs. Not a terrible place to work, just doesn't offer me any advancement opportunities.
Great place to work but there is no career advancement. I think they need to hire within first and advance the current staff they currently have. Jacobs needs to offer classes to help assist employees learn new skills. Overall it is not a bad company.
There is high turnover. You can come in with a staffing firm with decent pay, but after 6 months if Jacobs decides to transition you over to them full-time they will give you a very low-ball offer for the market conditions.
Pros
Long Contract
Cons
Low pay after 6 months as a temp
Its easy to get to know people and make friends. There are ton of employee events. Workload and stress level depends on the group you work for. Its a massive company but I think it really tries to make employees feel welcome. Now I just wish they paid better.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Doesn't necessarily pay well
Overall the workplace is not bad. Changes have been occurring causing some concerns but even through this the work environment is not bad. Gym on site is a bonus.
Jacobs is a big company that has lots of opportunity if you're willing to play politics. I'd rather be a great engineer and be rewarded for that...maybe I just didn't stick around long enough, but the culture seemed too much like a 'good boys club' to me to try to stick it out.
tres bon employeur, bonne ambiance de travail, parfait
good plce to work. really enjoy my time here. everyone is friendly and willing to help at all times. i was given a lot of responsibility and the salary is great.
The company has work in many locations throughout the world and is involved in many interesting projects from cars to rockets. There is always something interesting to work on, but some of the thinking and allocation of resources is not ideal. They are in desperate need of upgrading their computer system to fit current time tables and design needs of clients. They also do not welcome new ideas and prefer to work with old technology and designs from more senior individuals despite cost and time overruns.
Pros
Interesting and varied work
Cons
Outdated thinking and unwelcome to new ideas
"Hurry up and wait" is too often the mentality of the CHPRC workforce. Projects push to meet deadlines that are pressed upon them from upper management, and yet nothing is done with the work in a timely fashion. The culture is stagnant and innovation is frowned upon or usually passed up to "get the job done now." In addition, career development for younger professionals is not a priority and Hanford as a whole has found itself in a predicament where an aging workforce is looking to take their "know-how" with them or charge a premium to keep them around.
The work done by CHPRC is very important, it's just the means of actually completing the work tends to overlook the needs of the individuals providing impactful work.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Culture lacks innovation and career development is poor
Jacobs is a great place for experience on large projects and to learn how a large corporation manages large projects. The office is a bit stuffy with most people very focused on their work. The people are easy to get a long with and are friendly. The work typically comes in waves and can be very slow at times and very fast paced at others. There are many opportunities to meet with clients and learn the ropes of bidding on projects that use public funding. There appeared to be limited room for growth within the company and limited budget for personal training.
Pros
great people, large scale projects, good experience, lunch and learns
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement, limited direction, limited resources
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.
1.7K