Jacobs

Jacobs Employee Reviews for Process Engineer

Process Engineer51 reviews
It was a pleasure and additional experiences acquired during my short stay with Jacobs/WorleyParsons. The refinery assignment was near my place of residence.
This was a short term assignment to specifically undertake a process review and to make recommendations to the Managing Director. My time at Jacobs field services in Grimsby was enjoyable due to the friendly work force and their collaborative approach. The MD was very approachable and very welcoming of the suggestions made for improvement.
Tough place for a first job; very little training; very little attention and care given to younger employees; multiple hours per day doing nothing despite asking for work
The job is technical and challenging. However I felt that that people at the office were a bit cold.

It was a good experience for a university coop term.
People support each other here. Good quality work. Diverse projects and learning experiences. Good benefits. No gimmicks. Would encourage interested parties to consider a career or a client relationship.
The internship was a very enriching experience. Everyone within the process engineering department were cooperative and helpful. Mumbai office has regular meetings to mentor, coach and update employees about different areas within the industry.
Good work culture provided projects are in abundance to keep you busy. Lots to learn if in a right team. Still lot of scope of improvement in keeping transparency by management.
work culture is good than other companies , very nice environment and i never seen that kind of environment and no one will go out of the company because the culture is very nice.
For an entry level position, it is a good location to put the senior design courses to the test. Do not expect longevity or job security at this position.
Pros
A lot of work when projects are available.
Cons
Once projects complete, things get complicated
I very much enjoyed working for Jacobs, and would enjoy the opportunity to work there again. I was working at a client site so much of my experience is not relevant to working in a Jacobs office, but the management was excellent and I had a great experience.
Excellent company in which to grow and gain work experience. Travel depends on work assignment and generally Jacobs is very fair on travel arrangements and compensation.
Pros
cafeteria on site
I have also worked as a Process Engineering Intern at Jacobs Canada Inc. in Calgary, AB. They are an engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) company, dealing in the upstream oil and gas sector. Here I worked on projects with clients such as CNRL, Imperial Oil, and Athabasca Oil Corporation. I have created PFD and P&ID diagrams, line lists, supported with the operating manual, sized equipments, assisted with process calculations, and attended HAZOP and many safety meetings.
good
Cons
nil
One of the Jacobs core values is "People are our greatest Asset" and this was proved over and over again. The only reason I left the company was to gain experience in a plant environment since Jacobs was not able to make that opportunity available to me at that time, but not for lack of trying.
Working team performs well for execution of project - work proactively to achieve organizational goals. Culture in zonal offices are different and does not align with JACOBS organisational culture. This is because of lack of training and monitoring of higher management people to lower management people. Management people are driven by their own culture or by culture of their previous company.
Overall, I enjoyed working for Jacobs. Wasn't paid much though. Through Jacobs, I was contracted to work at Ford's Allen Park Test lab. Mostly just Comp time and one time bonuses. Cool stuff at Christmas.
Pros
Great health plan, Great management to interact with
Cons
Pay
Good contract work before Jacobs had to downsize.

Good culture of experienced contractors working to get the job done. Work was well optimised with good management of the snags hit.
Good place to work with. However, it lacks clear direction from the top about the execution of fast paced projects. Flexible hours and nice colleagues to work with.
The workplace culture was very good.
People are the greatest asset.

Safety culture is given importance

Many young minds in the crowd.

Competitive and less stressful job.
Enjoyed the work very much. Given good challenges and adequate resources to accomplish our goals. Excellent team management and communication. Learned much about government regulations.
Pros
Excellent company; great teamwork.
Cons
Jacobs had some big engineering projects, but once the projects dried up, it was feast or famine and you didn't know if you had a job the next day. Would not recommend if you value stability.
It was very long days to spend in office.
The company flourish my process engineering skills.

The management of company were good. they hear your concerns and tried to resolved those.
Pros
Good platform to flourish myself.
Cons
Very long hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.
1.7K