Jacobs

Jacobs Employee Reviews for Senior Engineer

Senior Engineer22 reviews
1. Overall it's good company to work and can retain association for a longer duration.
2. It's a big brand name

3. Ethics from American roots are friendly
Leveraging technology was scary for senior leadership. Fear of evolving or adapting to current technical advances keeps talent from remaining relevant, thus they find leadership that will exploit their desire to use cutting edge concepts.
Capable of producing good engineering product. Rather high stress. Someone looking over your shoulder constantly. Did not like office environment for engineers. Old fashioned office environment like secretarial pool. Management varies considerably.
Hardest part of job was job location. D&D tasks were interesting at times.
There was a lot of down time (lack of work especially towards end of my assignment.
Selling off a division to Worley before fully recovered from acquisition of CH2M in the same year, has had negative impact on morale, performance and Customer perception.
Pros
Great department manager
Cons
Lacking structure in CO compared with other offices.
People were very friendly and helping to each other. Engineering standards of all projects were applied strictly. Deadlines for different projects were mostly met. They move you around to different areas of engineering, to different projects and to different offices. Good part at Jacobs was the 4-days-week, you work 40 hours in 4 days and take 3 days off or over time on 5th or 6th day.
I liked working culture and safety. I disliked Work Share projects and long hours to work. Due to work Share project you can't do own design so you can't learn new things.
Cons
Great management encourages staff for healthy and safe work. teamwork in a friendly environment. organize sport and extra healthy activities. good place for work.
The team with which I am working currently is very professional and there is a lot to learn from them. Also an equal opportunity is provided for all employees to contribute in the projects.
our project team is nice team . nature of work lovable job at Chennai, most enjoyable part of the job.. a typical day at work our company,
almost our company relationship of company person..
Pros
free transports, lunch
Cons
good over time hour..
What I learned- Step-by-step method of planning/progressing the group task. Maintaining the quality and schedule.
Co-workers were good.

Hardest part was to get a good yearly increment in salary.
Pros
Good place to learn to be a lead or team-leader.
Cons
Salary was not competitive
Nice management and people to work with. Learn a lot on their Lunch and Learn with very concern about employees safety,
Excellent working environment.
After originally working for SKM (which was bought out by Jacobs), there was a distinct change in culture which was a total shock to the system.

Reading some of the other reviews here i can't believe i was working for the same company. I can only think that It must have been the section i was working in.

They make out they're a caring and sharing Co. Obviously not my manager who treated me, as well as others, like dirt and made no effort to hide it. There was definitely an in crowd and an out crowd.

Training was non existent due to "budget constraints".

In my section there was a continual atmosphere of fear and resentment of the senior management. Unfortunately middle management were made to tow the line and were singing the senior managements mantras. By fear i mean that no one would speak up as they were afraid of the repercussions and from experience those that did we then forced out by putting them in untenable positions. Also from what i experienced HR was there for the employer not the employee.

The money was good but it was increased due to circumstances such as buy out, removal of bonuses, mobile phone allowance. I took a significant cut by leaving but it was definitely worth it.

I suffered it for 2 years and had to leave for my own sanity.
Pros
Some interesting jobs.
Cons
Management treated you like a piece of dirt
Woking with different people is always a challenge at first , since you have to let them know you and for you to know them. Working attitude is very professional, working space was amazing the open concept with out those tall cubicles i loved it.

The friends that i made along the way, i'm gonna miss them.
Pros
location downtown is awesome
Cons
long commute
Good place to work. Safety is considered as one of the most important aspect here and is inculcated thoroughly.

I've improved Managerial skills working here.
Company strives on safety of there employees. I have leaned may aspects of this company through on the job training.
I spent 5.5 years at Aberdeen and I really enjoyed the job. Nothing was routine and everything we did supported the test operations at the test center which supported our troops.
Pros
I was helping to support US's troops.
Cons
DOD down sizing
Management was good at providing feedback. Coworkers were great. Communication about state of contract could be better and compensation didn't line up with advancement.
Great work in a multi-disciplinary environment.

I have stated all I wish to state about this company.
Stable Company
Awesome opporutnity to learn, grow and develop.

The pay and benefits package are very competitive
The Human Resource Department is horrible. The current HR Manager is managing in a communistic style and delegates her authority to her chosen selectee. It’s appalling to see the favoritism and inappropriate relationship that are being carried on by the HR Manager. The employees have no say and are to conform out of fear of upsetting the HR Manager or their chosen selectee. If the selectee complains or see fit that one of their peers is not meeting her needs, the HR Manager quickly takes action to chastise the employee or up to firing. The worst part is that once again the OGM office is not aware of how things are being managed in their own HR department.
Pros
good people
Cons
poor hr managmenent, and ogm not aware, or care to investigate
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.
1.7K