Jacobs

Jacobs Employee Reviews for Technician

Technician9 reviews
I worked at jacobs many times in my life , back when it was called je merit until 2017. Jacobs was one of many favorite plant jobs I had but when the insurance got to high with a family I could not afford to stay.
Pros
Learn transferable skills
Cons
Benefits in high
This work environment was laid back. It was a fun place to work and you can meet a lot of friends and network. Sometimes more jobs become available and that's great.
I love my job at Jacob's. I would recommend this place to anyone. Great work and home balance. Pays better than most jobs in my area. The benefits are great.
Laid off after 2 months. Terrible company to work for. Benefits were terrible. If you don't mind an insecure place to work and don't mind only working for a couple months, this is your place.
Work on a military base testing a variety of equipment. work closely with people to get the job done in a safe and efficient manner. training and opportunity to travel
A typical day at work is generally always a routine our tasks for the day are always laid out and what needs to be done is clearly explained. The hardest part of the job is adjusting to the work schedule.
Pros
Tuition assistance
Cons
Being a contract worker
open management,very in touch with employee safety and past work knowledge, uses personnel past work experience as an asset to company.
Jacobs is a tremendous company that I wish I was still with. The only thing that pulled me away was the draw of owning my own business.

Jacobs is upfront about their values as a company, their core values, and it's part of why the company has been successful. They offered a good rate of pay, challenging work that wasn't beyond one's capabilities, and an all around great environment.

I hope to find some way back into Jacobs in the near future since my business fell due to the poor economy.
Pros
Great environment.
Cons
This project started with only 15% of the engineering completed thus created numerous problems in the construction process. We completed it on time despite the hurdles we overcame.
Pros
Working conditions
Cons
Waiting on Information