Jimmy John's Sandwiches

Jimmy John's Sandwiches Employee Reviews

Found 8,987 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,988 reviews

Okay

It was an okay job for me when I was in high school. The coworkers and customers were the best part. It would range between boring to busy and stressful depending on the time.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

pay

Good place to work for first time job

Awesome crew to work with. Great furst job for teens. Has flexible hours, on site training. Great management team and they treat you like family! One of the best places ive worked (in food industry)

Very fun and managers care

I loved this job just didn't pay enough. The manager s care about what you are going through. I would definitely recommend this job for a high school student.

Pros

Free food Very Flexible Schedule

Cons

Little Pay

Low stress and fair pay for the work

Jimmy Johns is a decent place to work. Work tends to be low stress and employees I have worked with have been helpful and kind. Pay could be better but for the work I believe it’s fair.

easy and fun

easy work fast environment easy going The management was my issue because they seem to not have a grasp on their employees. Other than that I loved the job. From my co-workers to customers it was filled with surprises.

Good place to learn how to work fast!

For a first job, this is perfect. Learn how to work fast but accurate. Drivers can make a decent wage during the lunch shift! Great place to start for a young adult

Stable job but without enough pay and managers are not very helpful.

Management is usually scattered & unhelpful to employees. Pay is not accurate to work, I was getting paid a little more than minimum wage as a shift manager. Arguments are frequent and I did not feel welcome. Employees are allowed to say rude and unjust things and face no consequences. Managers are not given leeway for time off, making them stressed and manipulative to their part time employees. Drivers are not instructed to help with inshop workers during busy times. I loved working with certain coworkers, but I found management was always so stressed, that it made it a very hostile environment.Covid protocols were absolutely abysmal and ignored while some were in place. Don't even think about calling out if you're sick. Just go ahead and go in and cough and sneeze all over the food.

Pros

available breaks shorter hours if needed

Cons

management pay not inclusive

Eh

Laid back job really didn’t do anything besides during rush hours, decently paid for basically just standing around all day and plus you get free sandwiches

Straightforward management position

Everything is very streamlined. You aren't really managing a business as much as you are just going through the daily checklist. Pretty easy job. Hardest part is dealing with call-ins from fellow employees. The work itself is pretty straight forward and easy.

Pros

One weekend day off a week usually.

Cons

Other employees consistently calling in sick so you have to do double to triple the amount of work.

I literally wanted to walk out every day after being yelled at and treated rudely by 2nd tier management

Horrible 2nd tier management, daily issues, unprofessional work environment, unproductive associates, cliques.Again, yelled at and treated rudely by 2nd tier management because they had a bad morning/weekend and they didnt want to be there.

Pros

Low work expectations I guess

Very easy, fun people

The job was very easy and the people i worked with were fun, but when I had a problem with someone, management didn't do anything. It was very hard to work with someone who continuously harassed me so I left.

Pros

Easy job, fast paced, Good discounts

Cons

Low pay

Good only if in school or second job

It really depends if your franchise owner is a good one, or just ones that are collecting them to get rich. I had both and there is a lot of difference in how appreciated I was. I did like working there through college because of the hours and they allowed me to change my days per semesters. I tried to stay on as an AGM after I graduated and it is not worth it at all. They will NOT give raises. I was on salary getting paid for 40 hours a week but being expected to work at least 50 hours a week. You can get a bonus--but only if you're lucky, because if something in your store is old/breaks it will come out of the profit and you'll get less of a bonus (which isn't much anyways if you're not the GM). Only allowed to close 2 days a year.

Pros

managers get a shift meal

Cons

not getting paid what you're worth

terrible pay easy job terrible company

job was very easy, but the company does not care about it's workers at all. pay was awful. was only paid 8.25 and there was no room for advancement. The job was pretty simple but there was so much cleaning expected for such little pay.

Pros

one free sandwich, easy job

Cons

pay

Great!

It's a sandwich shop, you make sandwiches. You sell them to people. I cant complain about anything about working here honestly, it has been great. My coworkers have all been great. I love my manager :)

Pros

Free employee meals

Cons

nada

Not a bad job, but not amazing either

As stated, job was fine. Some issues here and there but nothing crazy. Good coworkers for the most part, everyone usually got along well. High turnover rate seasonally.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

No breaks, no free meal unless otherwise stated, felt under compensated as a manager and eventually as GM

such a super fun awesome work environment, fair pay and flexible hours. an amazing understanding crew and fast paced employees.

a typical day at work usually consists of smiles, jokes, talking to each other and working together as a team! everyone is super nice and respectful.

Pros

free food: flexibility: respect and understanding

Cons

zilch

Fun place to work woth

Great coworkers with a very good environment. However, Busy during lunch but that’s normal for a fast food restaurant. Good management and decent pay.

Flexible schedule

It was okay pay is not great. You have to wear normal uniform hat shirt and pants . They work with your schedule , however if your schedule is too much to handle you will be laid off.

Being a driver is the best position

Easy and simple job and tips are pretty decent as long as it's busy. Business usually drops near holidays and partially during summer due to college students

Pros

Tips daily and free meal

Cons

Benefits would be nice

Unless you're desperate, don't work here. Bad company, even worse management.

Drivers get paid less than minimum wage to do the majority of the store's work. No appreciation or respect from management. The culture is pretty friendly, especially when you're all complaining about how much you dislike your jobs. A lot of double scheduling (work a lunch shift and then come back to close).

Pros

friendly coworkers, easy work, free sandwich

Cons

Awful management, awful pay, no appreciation, awful tips

Fun. Energetic. Loud.

I loved working here so I went back 3 different times. I loved being trained to work in all parts of the store. The manager and owner are amazing people.

Pros

Discount on food. Fun environment.

Cons

Management shifts are hard to get covered.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jimmy John's Sandwiches. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5K
2.8K
2.1K

• Jimmy John's Sandwiches
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?