KFC

KFC Employee Reviews

Showing all 30,126 reviews

Be Vigilant and be Curious at all time.

I learn how to a more vigilant especially this is my first job overseas. more curious on everything, ask if needed. Always do the standard. How to deal to the customer.

Move on to something better

60 hour work weeks for $11 an hour. No benefits, constant micro management and pressure from district managers to meet unattainable sales goals. Young people, go to college.

Ambiente pesado, se robaban el dinero y entre ellos se cubrian

5 de 10, pesimo trabajo, el ambiente laboral es muy pesado y no respetan el horario a trabajar

Pros

Ninguno

Management don’t help with much

they just sit around all the time until their big bosses come in and act like they do everything, the young staff then do the same thinking it’s right because the managers do it

Doesn't pay enough

I worked there for a little more then a year. Everything was going good except they fell behind in pay. Other jobs were paying more for what I was doing then them. The manager there also targets the young people when older employees come around. Like there trying to get you to leave. The work is easy up front and the cooking part gives you a good work out but they sadly don't pay enough to be there.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Management.

Very stressful job

Very less pay for work we do. They should pay more and management is not good. They demand more but they don’t treat their work employees properly. They don’t appreciate the workers.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Less pay

Fast-paced work environment. Making friends is very easy and everyone wants you to succeed.

I loved working at KFC, but I felt like I needed a new change. My co-workers and managers are so kind and helpful, but can be intimating haha. I would recommend working at KFC, you learn so many new skills in such a short time span.

Pros

Staff discount, new friends, money, new skills.

Cons

Sometimes no breaks.

Stayed for the people.

A great place to make friends that you’ll keep for life (working minimum 50 hours a week with each other creates a quick bond). In store management mostly helpful but once you reach head office it’s as corrupt as can be. Only focus is money saving and covering up. Covid ravaging the store? No it’s not. Suspected gas leak? Evacuate the customers but make sure you stay inside to clean the store whilst you wait for the engineer to come. Investigations into management? Just loose the statements from the staff they’ll never know. The Colonel would be proud.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Long hours Head office

The majority of staff is very kind and friendly. Management is terrible to its staff.

Management talked trash about staff to start drama. If staff needed help on the floor management would sit in office playing on their phones. Refused to listen to employees when they tried to mention problems that occurred.

Cons

No 10 minute breaks allowed. 8 hour to 10 hour shifts. Does not follow minor laws.

Fun

Best experience ever. Super fun and easy . I love seeing the happy faces after serving people fried chicken. You also get free meals and drinks at the end of the day.

Good Entry Level Job

Like most fast food, this is a good entry level job or good part time job for students. Average pay and average hours for fast food. Can get busy during rushes but mostly laid back.

Unknown

I personally Would never work here again due to increased weather individual employee value & higher education received. It is no different than any other fast food chain/franchise.

Pros

Entry level position

Cons

Everything else

Awful place

Managers talk down to you. They mess your wages up and take forever to sort it. The owner of the franchise is greedy and only cares about profits. Ok for a summer job..

Pros

Free food

Cons

Long hours. No work life balance.

Picked on for learning

It was hard keeping a good mental drive when you’re constantly called weak and slow when trying to learn and try new experiences. It wasn’t worth getting bullied so I left.

Pros

Wonderful peers and workers - always trying to help and be nice to you.

Cons

Managers take anger out on you for no reason and punish you like a child.

It's ok

At first everything seems great and then you realise there's so much to do and not enough time. Working with 15 yr olds who have no work ethics and are just there to have fun is very frustrating. You need to be able to work in a very fast paced environment and think on your feet. The people you work with that do their job well and understand that what you're doing is important make it easier and you can also have fun when the time is right

Pros

People are good and can feel like a family- depending on which store you're at

Cons

Long hours, not paid overtime as a manager, turnover is high

Can be stressful at times

Its fast paced and can also be stressful at times but the team members there are nice and helpful especially when rush hour occurs.Sometimes it did feel like we were understaffed.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Understaffed

Stressful and Alienating

I was thrown into doing work I hadn't been trained for and then yelled at for doing it wrong, most other employees were nice people but the way we were treated by the company was awful.

Pros

Easy Interview

Cons

Bad Pay Stressful Environment.

Great first job but very stressful

amazing team and very helpful manager. Learnt so much and great first job. Flexible hours if you asked before the rota is made or another colleague can replace you

Pros

Free lunch Make friends

Cons

Pay is terrible for the work needed done Working under pressure during busy hours

Nice place to start

The place is a good starter for all the employees looking for work. It equips you with fundamental customer service and food preparation skill useful for future similar-type jobs.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Stocks

Fun and the people are nice but stressful

It can be very busy especially on weekends. I am a student who is 16 and I was constantly busy and asked to do more work than I could handle at one point.

Stressful environment and low pay

Take this as a way to start a career rather than a paying gig because this job is not really a good job for you especially in Malaysia if you want to have a career and family.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

8.4K
8K
7.8K
2.9K
3K

• KFC
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?