KFC

KFC Employee Reviews for Shift Manager

Found 1,690 reviews matching the searchSee all 29,888 reviews

business as usual

i started in this company as a regular team into a lead shift supervisor it was not bad.

Pros

free was offered all the time

Cons

30 mins breaks

Disappointment

Was a terrible experience, taking advantage of immigrants and paying less. never gonna recommend to anyone. Too much work and bossy management, we were working short staffed and still asking too much to do.

Must love hard work

KFC is a great place to work if you have a strong work moral and are willing to work hard. I’ve made lots of friendships through KFC and advanced in my job ranking, however it’s not easy.

nothing period

I don't recommend anybody working at KFC KFC is a horrible employer they do not care about the employee. they did not go up on pay you getting no bonuses for Christmas you getting nothing nothing I would not recommend or stay work for this company this is the worst company I have ever worked for

Pros

Cons

same

Put the FAST in Fastfood

Overall not bad. Workers there were plenty friendly and hard working. I'd say only 2 of the 5 coworkers there I worked mostly with were incompetent but overall nothing too crazy. A lot of manual labor but the training is easy, even fun...Cross trained fairly early, lots to do but being a busy body led me to good experiences there. Home to work life was pretty rough, full time. Especially when you come home every night smelling like nasty chicken grease. They should also look at some healthier item options that way if long term workers eat there they can have something... less fried? Apple turnovers were one of my favorite snacks while on the go there.

Pros

Free lunch, acknowledgment of great work ethic, overtime, promotions, bonuses/challenges, friendly work environment (mostly)

Cons

Short staff, issues with companie, labor, low pay

Worst job ever

Sometimes the people can become lifelong friends but more likely you get a crazy rage monster yelling at you over nothing. They will treat you unfairly over everything

Pros

Some coworkers are amazing people

Cons

Management was literally insane

Learning experience but worth it?

I believe everyone should work at a food or retail job at least once but once your year is over, move on. Never start a career there. Supervisor roles may be good for resumes but it never feels like an “up” in status, rather you’re just another employee working as hard as them for almost the same pay.

Pros

Hands on, Very casual

Cons

No breaks if busy, strict time management, no strict rules for managers

KFC is a Family

Kfc was an amazing place to work. The manager really knows what he is doing. He also adds in ice cream parties sometimes. I miss this place so much. I'd recommend lfc to anyone.

Pros

Free food, hour availability, Good friends

Cons

Stressful rushes, sometimes understaffed

Good workplace, but the management...

The managers are really cool people, and are willing to help you out any way they can. But of course, not best for the long term, as management will keep your checks as low as they can get it to.

Pros

Lenient managers, flexible scheduling

Cons

Small paychecks, little to no benefits

Good place to work if looking for a flexible work schedule

It’s a good working experience, depending on your position and what location you work at, the people are quite nice and very helpful. General manager cares more about what he makes in his pocket than caring for his employees but the good outweighs the bad. Not a good place to work if you aren’t willing to deal with the general public, depending on the situation some people can be a little overbearing. Overall experience working at KFC was good. If you do your job, there are advancement opportunities always available. Area coach is extremely helpful and kind.

Pros

People you work with are great

Cons

Customers, management

Great work for people with little experience

It’s a great job if you want to stay for under a year. After that they require more from you but don’t pay you for it. You do have the opportunity for OT. But the minute you promote to Asst Manager you are under salary and make less than if you were working hourly with OT.

It's what you make it

There will be coworkers who despise every moment of every day. Management that really shouldn't be there. Horrible customers. But for all that, there are coworkers that become lifelong friends, management that inspires, and customers that make your day. It's fast food and it is what you make of it. If you do your job and act friendly, advancement is not difficult to achieve. The pay will never be glamorous, but KFC was one of the highest paying in my area. It really is not that difficult if you just breathe and move on.

Pros

Free break meals, flexible schedule

Cons

Management is either amazing or horrible, no in between

Bad communication

Poor communication i didnt like the hours and they made you work even if you had the day off , used you even of u been there all week don’t appreciate you

Pros

Poor communication

Cons

Poor communication

Good job to start out

Definitely a great first job, teaches you responsibility and customer service. I worked there a long time, sometimes they would work around my schedule but most times I got stuck with a terrible schedule. I would get shorted a lot by the scheduling manager and my GM didn't want to take any responsibility for the store. Overall like I said it's good to start out and make some money, but the pay is extremely low and the hours aren't the best. But I also worked for a franchise instead of corporate

Pros

Free food, flexible schedule

Cons

No breaks, no benefits, low pay

They Do Not Care

I worked at many different KFC's for the company KPB. This company was neither fun nor fair to work for. It seems as they don't care about their employees, management, or customers.

Fun, positive workplace

The managers are great! Everyone is very motivating, fun, and positive. It is an environment where everyone is welcomed and no one will be judged. Working at KFC, I am surrounded by people who are open minded and very understanding. I enjoy working there. (Liberty,Fairfield,Hamilton Ohio)

Pros

Flexible, supportive, great energy

Cons

N/a

close-knit crew/ family-like

There is not much to be said in terms of kfc... It is your average fast food job.. There is a loving and supportive crew, so long as you do your part.

Pros

good crew, easy money

Cons

extremely fast paced, fast food

Amazing starter job

I look back fondly at my time at kfc as one of the best jobs I've ever had. Is it an easy cushy job? No not really. I did, however recieve great training and experience, and always had fun at work

Awful support and acknowledgment

I work there for 2 years with no raise as a manager and then after being sick and coming back with the work release I was taking off the schedule and dismissed the worst job experience I've ever had

Pros

Free food

Cons

Can't use the PTO raises are hard to get and dismiss for no reason

Terrible workplace

They make all their employees come to work sick and puking. Management is cruel to all the employees and constantly screaming at the minors when they take their 30 minute breaks. You never get days off because you’re always being called in. Lastly, they don’t pay their employees I am currently missing 100 hours of pay and they will not answer the phone or call back.

Fast paced

Very fast paced for first jobs and no help from managers just yelling. No help given sink or swim with constant yelling. Customers kept me coming back each day the regular ones we seen almost everyday.

Pros

Free meal

Cons

Yelling and stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

8.3K