KFC

KFC Employee Reviews for Team Member

Found 3,704 reviews matching the searchSee all 29,888 reviews

Costumer complain through delivery

When i work from this company i learned a lot. Even the costumer complain im the one to solve especially in delivery.Sometimes i cant understand because of they're lugauage but i did my best to understand.

Fun workplace

I enjoy working here as I’ve made many friends as well as the fact it’s a relaxed environment. Once you know what your doing you feel a sense of relief that you can take your time in a sense and enjoy your shift.

Pros

Free food on shift, flexible hours and 25% off

Cons

Hours can vary and could take up your day

I have been at kfc now 2 years I started due to being close to home but now it feels like kfc are a big family. The staff are all friendly to work with kfc take people from all different cultures, different age ranges even with disabilities. I really enjoy working here you can also do the apprenticeship there for food and beverage level 1.

Pros

Free lunch and cold drinks while on shift

Managers are rude and the atmosphere is horrid when new

I was expected to know what I was doing after only two shifts and managers got annoyed when I asked for further guidance. We had a work group chat which was used by managers to continually demand people to come in and work on their days off, if you didn’t come managers were extremely passive aggressive and rude. It was also used to ridicule and take the mick out of the new starts. When working there I was routinely made to feel stupid and in the way, it is very cliquey and if you don’t fit in straight away you will be made to feel invisible your whole shift. Managers are always looking to save some money which meant we were often under staffed during peak time which made the shift extremely stressful as we are getting shouted at to go faster the whole time. I often finished shifts without my break as the managers are sneaky and will not remind you or will try to put you off taking your break. The people who were nice were honestly lovely but the others were absolutely horrid. I wouldn’t recommend working here unless you are desperate. I had no social life while working there and the pay doesn’t reflect the amount of work you do and the nonsense you have to put up with.

Pros

Free drinks and food

Cons

Long shifts Rude managers No social Life No time off

Fast paced workplace, nice people, could be stressful

First manager was complete trash. Would completely overwork everyone and con at antsy being criticised. When she left the atmosphere got better. Good to bond with other team members over customers and not wanting be there. No one really wanted to be there and it shows.

Pros

Free food, fun people, consistent hours

Cons

Tiring, covered in grease, bad energy

Its ok

Very Little pay for alot of work to be done. Management expects a lot from you. Always being Called in for extra shifts and always being asked to stay for extra hours. Overall Nice workplace culture however.

Pros

Free Food

Cons

Job engrosses your personal time

Starter Job

Not really good.worst management.Too many managers and nobody knows actually what happening.No propped training for newbies.A lot of favouritism don't recommend.

Pros

Free staff meal

Cons

Stress

Great Staff

The job can be stressful, but the staff made it bearable. The hours were long because they were always short-staffed. I had no issues with management; they were very understanding.

Pros

Great Staff

Cons

low pay and long hours

Good experience

Good place to work, can get stressful at times but there are a load of people who work there that support you and are always willing to help, management is really good, especially when they listen to what you got to say or how you feel about something. Your opinions are always valid

Pros

Free food, friendly co-workers

Cons

Some long hours can be stressful

Stressful

I have worked here for a little under a month and I am already looking for somewhere else to work I got through my training faster than anyone else that was new with me and they expect me to be as fast as some of the people who have been working for 2 years plus. The management also do not like to recognise that students are really stressed anyway and they like to apply more stress onto them with more hours than expected.

Pros

Free Lunches, 25% discount.

Cons

Never stick to the hours you said e.g asking for 16 hours receiving 21 hours

fast paced

Fast paced working environment, Easy to do and very easily understandable, team members will always jump to help you in a flash, management not so much

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Under 18s are exploited, £6.15 an hour to do all the shifts no one else wants like closed etc

Poor management

•Often times breaking under 18 employment law•Managers had little to no respect for staff members •Incredibly poor hygiene •The work put in was worth more than the amount paid out

Pros

Free staff meal

Cons

Managerial staff

Busy,but fun workplace

The place gives one so much experience in the hospitality industry,and they train you to be a better person.They teach you how to handle different types of customers, and help customers make suggestions.

Pros

Free staff meal

Cons

9hours

Stressful

Overall, working here is fine. Your typical day as a team member you will most likely be put on front which is tills,cleaning,packing orders or middle which is preparing fries,burgers,buckets etc. I'm usually put on front and there is always something to do, if there are no orders you can help someone else or clean up the place or clean on the lobby. Personally, I find management decent, they are very responsive as my schedule frequently changes with part time work. However, they are terrible with holidays and making sure there are enough staff doing particular jobs. The hardest part of the job is probably getting used to everything when you first start but after a few months everything becomes second nature. Even dealing with rude customers becomes easier because its all the same thing. It can be difficult at first because simple things like cleaning or mopping have their own process but after you know it all it's super easy.The most enjoyable part of the job for me is cleaning, as its independent and there is always something to clean or stock. However on the weekend shifts there isn't always time to clean or there will be someone who has been assigned cleaning to do. This job has been incredibly useful in building confidence, using tills/money handling, learning to deal with customers.

Pros

Free food

Horrible

Hated it every minute I worked 4 years and it’s was not it favoritism people never want to work and always late and the bosses be sitting in the office not working but yell at you for not working

Finding friends

Worked here in highschool with a couple of my mates, great place to make money and have fun with friends. At the end of the day your suppose to throw out chicke

Its a busy day,customers are cooperative and being generous to the add hope foundation

Working there isn't too bad it's just the salary is definitely too low for people who work that hard,kfc should probably hire their own cleaners because I've been standing and working for 9 hours now I have to clean the building before going home ,crazy

Pros

We eat

Cons

Employers treat you like a animal like you have nk rights, like they own you, you cant have a social life outside work

Stressful and underpaid

You will have to do the absolute most for the bare minimum in return. Luckily I had a really nice team but the job itself is so stressful, not allowed to have 5 minutes to yourself even if it’s quiet. Unpaid breaks, minimum wage, no piercings or nail polish allowed, cap and hair net at all times. They’ll love you if you’re always available and reliable but as soon as you start having a life they’ll get annoyed at you. If you can do a late shift, you will be put on late shifts every day it’s unfair. Customers treat you absolutely awfully because you work in fast food and they expect to be treated like royalty. ‘KFC doesn’t work around you, you work around KFC’. Sorry that i’m not about to give up my life for fried chicken.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Minimum wage, unpaid breaks, strict dress code, late nights, stressful, rude customers.

Stay Away

Terrible place to work. I don’t care how desperate you are for a job I’m doing u a big favour when I say stay away from Fast Food it’s not worth the time or energy especially for the money you’re getting.

Classic

It was a good place to work but it has the obvious pros and cons of fast food but thats to be expected. I am happy to have learned what I did being there.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Responsibilities

Fun & Easy

The people there make things fun, the pay isn't really enough for its to be a fulltime job, but you do get raises for learning new positions. If you want a chill way to spend the day while getting paid kfc is perfect.

Pros

Food, helpfull manager and supporvisors

Cons

Low pay ceiling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

8.3K