Kumon

Kumon Employee Reviews

Bahrain6 reviews
Productive and excellent work place
Data entry
• Managing student’s portfolios

• Preparing students achievement certificates

• Preparing students attendance sheets

• Preparing a monthly office stationery

• Organizing exams papers

• Receiving goods and distributing it to the rest of the branches
Great place to teach at. Comfortable hours, although the salary benefits could be worked on. Worked there for over 3 years and there were no raises.
They didn’t communicate on how to get a raise and when asked they were very unclear about it.

Other than the salary, it’s a great place to be work at!
good and bad
I have learned alot of things and improved my personal skills. I was
holding two position in same time ( office assistant and manager) and work under pressure.

The work is overload with no assistant and changed my job position without any increase in my salary and somebody else taking my bounce.
Pros
improved my skills
Cons
overload work without any assistant and no appreciation.
Productivity is high
Its really good after school learning programme, i would recommend it for parents who want to develop thier child skills in math and english. Definitely i will register my doughter in the near future.
Productive 3 hours with kids of different nationalities
A typical day at Kumon would be (as a part-time worker), very rushed yet productive 3 hours.
Through this experience I've learned to be quick,responsive and easily adaptable.

Co-workers do not usually have time to bond as there is much work to be completed within the 3 hours. I have not had any bad experiences with them either.

The hardest part about working at Kumon would have to be dealing with students from the ages of 5 to 7 as they need individual attention.

The most enjoyable part would be when I'm given the opportunity to float for the day because you can run around from one table to the next meeting new students rather than sitting at one table the whole working time.
Pros
Bonus for Class Assistant of the month.
Cons
No breaks during the 3 hours, stressed work dealing with students.
Working at bringing out the hidden potential of every child who walks through the door.
The opportunity to work along side some very dedicated and positive individuals who are guided by a very good management to help children with their maths and English, boost their confidence and help them shine.
I have learnt not only administrative skills along side teaching but also that the children have so much to teach us as well.They are the best part of the job because you see a lot of diversity in the ages,nationalities and knowledge base of the students and that really keeps you having to be positive to be able to deal with them.

The hardest part of the job is probably the stress that goes along with any job.
Pros
colleagues on the same wave length