Kumon

Data entry
• Managing student’s portfolios

• Preparing students achievement certificates

• Preparing students attendance sheets

• Preparing a monthly office stationery

• Organizing exams papers

• Receiving goods and distributing it to the rest of the branches
Working at Kumon afforded me the ability to learn new traching skills so that the children can develop the skill to self learn. It was a pleasant working environment because the owner would have staff meetings before students came walking in, and he was also a very positive boss.
Amazing kids who work so hard. It’s amazing when you see the moment when a child gets something! Kids are amazing and well disciplined and here is never a dull moment!
It is a fun, intereactive, flexible place. Gives you an opportunity for developing management skills. Mostly teaching kids to rely on their prior knowledge of concepts and encouraging self learning behaviours.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no scope for growth in the company
They want too much from you for too little and dont care if you leave. Flexible hours though but such a hassle for next to nothing g come paycheck time.
En esta empresa no se reconoce el trabajo duro, no se avanza por méritos sino por con quien te acuestas, hay mucha corrupción y un ambiente laboral terrible, sobre todo debido a los Directores y Gerentes y Gerentes Senior. No toman en cuenta tu esfuerzo aunque haya sido un esfuerzo de muchos años. Prefieren contratar a jovencitos inexpertos que no saben nada y ascenderlos antes que a la gente de mucha experiencia o preparación. La empresa en su totalidad está muy putrefacta ya que los influyentismos se logran con favores sexuales a todos los niveles sobre todo si eres mujer, inclusive con los clientes, lo cual es terrible.
Si les es posible no trabajen en esta empresa es lo peor que podrían llegar a hacer.
Pros
Salario
Cons
Corrupción sexual sin precedentes, si no te acuestas con alguien poderoso no avanzas
An overall great place to work if you like kids, the manager was awesome and always very understanding. It was a great first job since it was only 2 set days of the week for a couple hours, unfortunately I had to leave when I needed something a little more. The staff were awesome and It’s really easy to feel like you fit in there!
Pros
Staff, management, environment.
Cons
Pay
Ao trabalhar com o Kumon tbm tive a oportunidade de fazer o curso.
Gets super busy at times, parents are a huge hassle to deal with. The work isn't too difficult, but tutoring multiple kids at once along with their packets is super time consuming.
i ever had work at kumon, and i feel comfort and enjoy it. But about sallary i think its not enough to fulfill one's life needs
Pros
Get the big and satisfy experience
Cons
Sallary is not proportional to work pressure
You are trained to deal with kids differently and how to manage their tike whilst working.You need to develop a relationship with the kids you are dealing with so that you able to help them overcome their challenges without fear
Pros
The kids are always ahead of their age mates at school
Cons
Kids are not relaxed when its a new subject introduced yo them
Era um lugar muito agradável, amo o que eu fazia, dar aula era tudo para mim. Ajudar as pessoas também
Pros
Aprendi muitas coisas, além de ensinar
Cons
Nada mesmo
Very enjoyable student focused environment with the helping management
Happy moments with young children

Although there is only One stress To finish checking students weekends homework in specIfic assigned time
Pros
Healthy and calm environment
Cons
Lot of work which give stress to finish in time
Fue una experiencia muy grato ya que pude impartir el gusto por las matemáticas en los estudiantes, además de que logré que obtuvieran una mejora en su capacidad de análisis, agilidad mental y optimización de tiempo para resolver sus ejercicios. Fue un ambiente de trabajo agradable y con un gran equipo de trabajo.
Pros
cercanía al lugar donde vivo
Cons
no hay descanso para comer debido a que era medio tiempo
boss was kinda rude but that’s okay. Finished work and helped grade papers. Wasn’t allowed to tutor kids which is something some kumon do but for the most part it was nice.
My time at Kumon was not the best I was stressed out by the manager of the place, she made me feel so unwelcome and made other workers who were stressed train me. She was never polite and on the second day when I didn't understand something she would get angry when I asked her for help, it was my second day I was still new to the job. I understand that she must have also been busy but there is no need to be impolite and rude sometimes when I asked her something she would just stare at me and not respond until 5 minutes later. she often paid late and when questioned why she was paying people late she wouldn't have a reusable answer. She was rough with the children and made them feel worthless and useless, for example if a child was struggling she'd say comments like " even my dog could to better you need to hurry up"
Pros
Amazing workers except the manager.
Cons
long hours With no breaks
One of the worst places I’ve worked. Horrible management, no growth or training for staff (but there was an abundance of ‘criticism’ from management), part time hours (some managers open to increasing hours). Manager would put you down in front of all other staff, students and parents, undermining your skills and instructional control. She did not know how to provide positive and constructive feedback to staff. Managers knew how to recruit families but did not know how to run a team. Manager also was not professional with team. She would talk badly of other coworkers with team

Overworked, had to stay back unpaid to complete work cause manager would berate team next day for not completing work.

Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Min wage, part time hours, manager may not be great
i always dreaded going to work, time went by super slow and i always felt terrible for the kids who were there longer than i was. I trained to be an EL Teacher in hopes of escaping the position of classroom homework grader because of how boring and repetitive it was. Being an EL Teacher was significantly better since i worked directly with children pre-k to 1st grade, i really enjoyed teaching them and finding new ways to encourage them and help them love learning. The problem seemed to be that my manager disagreed with how much fun i was allowed to let the children have with their work. i felt like i was really making a difference in the way children's attitudes began to change when they came in the next time, i could tell i was becoming some of my kid's favorites solely because i made learning more worthwhile, but I was given warnings of being put back as classwork grader if i made a child laugh or played short games of tictactoe after they finished their work (btw it was very effective in encouraging them to finish their work more efficiently and quickly). I just disagreed with their ideas of how a child learns, they believed children work best silently with teachers watching over their backs, from what i saw they treated every child essentially the same in terms of assisting them in the workload. i believed that learning didn't have to be such a boring dreadful task and i didn't know why it was such a crime to make learning more enjoyable for little children. My beliefs just didn't align with Kumon and how they taught their kids, i clearly wouldn't be able to change the - more...
Pros
the accomplishment of changing the perspective of learning among children
Cons
unsupportive managers, bad hours, bad pay
Working with kids is always challenging, yet it was very rewarding and satisfying to watch them learn and understand the material. As an after school program, the schedule was limited, but flexible.
no fun fun. i was forced to do the work for the kids.the kids were just nasty and disrespectful when i tried to help them. very depressing. if you want to be put down by kids, this is the place to go :)
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Loved working for them, I only left to try to move up in my career. While I worked there they had great training and invested in their staff (this was lessened towards the end of my career with them).
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.
1.3K