M.H. Alshaya Co.

M.H. Alshaya Co. Employee Reviews

Bahrain20 reviews
You can work freely , Mangement open for career growth, wether you work in Retail or Food and Beverage division you'll learn more and explore your skills.
I've been working in Alshaya and its very hard to leave when you are not ready.because of pandemic the company has to make a tough decision to protect company future.I will not forget my time and experience in Alshaya.I've work with great people and culture organize company and this is one of enjoyable part of working with them.
Pros
free food, tips and quarter bonuses.
Cons
No health insurance, unpaid overtime
9 hrs duty and willing to extend my duty specially too much costumer .
I know how to handle the costumer and relationship to other costumer.

Be responsible, be smart and focus to my work.
You should improve in some department as alshaya is very big company have high sop, any way the director when they want they implement the sop and somehow they do some deal with hr to terminate some people are working hard without support.
I am working in Alshaya group I am very happy this jobs. This company my life
My knowledge Ingrees.

I am in hard worker

My family life is going very good
The company is stable, However, would be great if they'll have greater benefits like other bigger companies. They provide us a lot of trainings and workshops.
It is a good company giving best trainings to their employees. Balanced nature regarding work activities. great teamwork and possible opportunities. Very helpful HR.
its a best place to work. I have learned a lot about hospitality how to communicate a different nationality.hardest part of the job to reach a target..most enjoyable part is we have a teamwork even we are a different nationality.we work as a team and we are one family in store.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
1 hour break
I have learned so many things within 3 years, here is some main points what i have learn, store admin works, management skills, how to deal with customer, time management, working under pressure, teamwork
On a daily basis, I used to do a pre-shift/ briefings to all FOH and BOH team before the operation starts, and do floor walk to ensure the food safety is followed as per the company standards. As a Manager, I have to do the management tasks such as administrative job (inventory, documentation as per the company SOP), customer service, following the brand standards and problem-solving. The most enjoyable part of my job is to continue to receive appreciations from my operations towards my hard work and perseverance on my kraft.
Pros
Daily free Manager meal, privileged to offer complimentary food to VIP guests, Free business attire uniforms every 6 months, air ticket, quarterly and yearly bonus, salary increment
Cons
annual vacation, government healt card
Its queit busy doingb the replinishment,merchandising,management was also good in times of supporting the staff,workplace suit in my case i work there in a year hardest job was since a visual merchandiser sometimes we come at work at 6 am but that time i use to follow it
Pros
1 hour break
I have been very activate in the first month whoch i have taken the handover in the scond week with the huge responsibility (Avenues project) and i give my all previous experience.
i learned to much in my job roles in our company.

just want to work and experience in another company

work with another people and other nationality.
learned a lot about managing the staff as will as supervise them, also leaned how to do visual merchandising.
every day we are doing almost the same tasks without changes and thats what makes the job not challenging.

the most hard part of the job is that its almost not possible to grow.
need more benefits of staff.giving the right salary of worker.helping to develop the skills and ability of the staff.help the staff to grow.
Pros
incentives
Cons
less benefits
Best place to work with all nationalities together ...with good environment to work as the policy and procedures are excellent .You will learn lots of things like Customer service, till procedures product knowledge etc which needed to run any business.
Pros
Good incentive scheme
Cons
1 hr break
I learnt a lot when i was working in alshaya,management was very helpful and my co-workers were cooperative.i liked interacting with people from different cultures and made good relationships with my customers.
Pros
We had alshaya cards which i could use in any alshaya brand and it was discounted
Cons
Long hours was not a problem infact it was enjoyable
WORKING as senior Sales with Pttery Barn Kids

Pottery barn kids is American brand for kids bedding furniture accesories etc.
everyday is always a busy day but enjoyable to learn something new at work and working in less supervision.
their are teaching how you communicate nicely to co-worker and to communicate if their something need to know.by costumer they are teaching how you use your freindliness on them to get verry good sales.
Pros
free 2 kind drinks what ever you want
Cons
regular day off