Marco's Pizza

Marco's Pizza Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,606 reviews

It's a good entry job

If you need a job at 16 this is the job for you but once you get little older the pay just isn't enough to keep you loyal unfortunately. Management is good tho

Unorganized and dirty work environment

Under paid for all of the work needed. The store is filthy. Almost all managers are very unprofessional. Hires 15 year olds because they are too cheap to pay more that $7.25.

Pros

Tips

Cons

Stressful work environment and bad pay

If you like working at McDonalds then sure

It is what it is, low pay but your making pizza so yeah...if you're in college like I was then this is a decent part time job, not enough to live off of but that is kinda the point with these types of jobs

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

The same as any fast food place

they are not honest to their employees and cheat their clients

DO NOT WORK FOR THEM THEY DO NOT TREAT YOU FAIRLY. stay away and your life will stay in a good place. The employees dont clean or follow basic instructions.

Pros

You can work as hard as you can and still be treated badly.

Cons

You will be lied to on a daily.

Easy job, good for a part time easy going job

Not too stressful, its a good teen job, the schdule is really flexible, pretty easy going managers. Easy to advance and managers are very involved along as owners.

Great working environment

They need to expand to Illinois. I would love to run a Marcos pizza in southern Illinois. The market is good and their pizza is better then the others around

A productive and fully inclusive work environment and the best food service job I ever had! The management is amazing and they are extremely flexible with scheduling and make sure you are happy with the amount of hours worked!

Just don't

Supervisors are horrible. Pay is horrible. Just stay away unless you're in high school. Great place to work if you're a teen, not an adult with family

The owner at this location doesn't follow laws. Low wage and you have to fight for raises.

Depending on the day it can be really slow or very busy.The management never lets you improve, move up and learn new things.Employees are usually nice but not worth it in this atmosphere.The hardest part of the job is not being treated fairly.The most enjoyable part of this job is the rare, sweet customers.

Pros

Fatting food that will clog your arteries, given free once in a while. Flexible shift days and times.

Cons

Laws not followed, not enough time to eat on breaks, low pay

Stressful

Very demanding and long hours, often find myself struggling to keep up as managers continuously push you to stay at an unbearable pace. Pay is solid but not sure if it’s worth the stress.

No benefits, unprofessional work place, and many more.

Marcos pizza is not the ideal place to work when looking for consistency. The employees running the district that I’m apart of have no professionalism whatsoever. Marcos pizza will also not pay their employees what they are told and will take multiple weeks to get you the money they owe for the hard work you’ve put in. If your looking for a job with any benefits I don’t suggest Marcos pizza.

Pros

50% pizza when working.

Cons

No breaks, low pay, no structure, and unreliable.

It's easy and diverse

The work isn't hard and most of the customers really love the food, so that is kind of nice. The culture is easy going and there are all ages and types of people working there.

Great job if you're new to Fargo.

Marco's as a brand is a solid pizza chain, and you feel like you're making a higher quality product while working there. But in terms of consistency every Marco's seems to be run way differently, and sometimes it feels like the owners almost have too much control, if that makes sense. But when you're working with good people the job can be fun... Also a great entry level position for people just getting into managing. My main gripe is getting paid hourly and expecting to do work while off the clock.

Pros

Free lunches, Laid back, Potentially lucrative (if you also deliver), 2 week paid vacation if you're there long enough.

Cons

No benefits Work/life balance No incentives

Horrible workplace, with bad people and bad environment.

I worked at Marcos for a good year and both times that I worked there I was lied to about raises. The management is in total disarray and they have multiple immature 18-20 year old as GMs at multiple locations. They also do not care about the safety of customers and allow bugs to be in food. The whole store was disgusting. I would never recommend working here ever.

Pros

Cons

Environment, the people, the pay and almost everything else that could be wrong.

With the right crew, and right managers its fantastic.

When I first started I loved coming to work. Now I hate it. Management has changed so many times I lost count. Employees are made to feel guilty for calling out sick because there aren't enough employees. Bonuses are a joke.

Pros

50% off. Can be fun.

Cons

No benefits. Large turnover rate results in the good employees burning out fast.

I don't know about other locations but the one i work at is rough.

I don't know about other locations but the one i work at is rough. the main owner/operator does nill for the business itself or even the employees (havent even met the guy in the almost 3 years ive worked here)

All management is rude, unprofessional and unfair. Would not recommend working here unless you want to be put through nonsense.

1/10 recommendation, was a very toxic work environment. No sympathy given from any manager if needed. Work days are long and never given any appreciation in doing so. Work goes overlooked. Management is only there for themselves and not for the sake of their employees. Very self-centered general manager.

Pros

Semi-good pay.

Cons

Little to any days off, Rude management, Unprofessional management, teenagers basically run the store.

A very fun place to work and the work gets done right!

I highly recommend working here. The management is hard working and are fun to be around. We get the work done every day and don't slack, which helps in the long wrong. We have flexible hours. We even do a Christmas party every year. The only thing that bugs me is the pay. The driving tips are fantastic but the management pay sucks. And even being a manager, if I am clocked in for a driver that day, I am still expected to act like a manager with the lower pay. but all around i would come back to this job any time.

Pros

Extremely fun work environment

Cons

Management pay sucks

great place to work

You gain many experiences and friends through this job the worst part about this job is the pay other than that it’s a great and enjoyable place to work

Job is okay, upper management not so much

Working in a regular role at marcos (insider or driver) has a great job balance and you don't have to worry about very much at all honestly. However once you start getting into any managerial role the expectations and responsibilities far outweigh the pay. You make more money as a driver. I'd recommend a driver position to people for extra money, but I would never recommend marcos for "full-time" employment.

Pros

Decent work atmosphere, laid back most days, free food, flexible schedule

Cons

Deception, no benefits, low pay

It's a good side job and entry level job.

I enjoy Marcos. The enjoyment comes from staying busy and the people you work with. A good crew makes the job better but you can't decide who you work with. There is room for advancement.

Pros

Free meal, tips

Cons

No benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marco's Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Marco's Pizza