METHODIST HEALTHCARE SYSTEM Employee Reviews

Some great coworkers management horrible
RN II IMCU/Stepdown (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2019
I enjoyed most of my co workers. The culture was very catty and condescending toward RNs that did not have a four year degree. Too many cliques and management was very biased.
Methodist Hospital
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 18, 2019
I really enjoyed working here. The team I worked with was truly team-based! I would not have been able to get through my days without the amazing support of my co-workers and managers.
Lacks nursing support from leadership
RN ICU (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 18, 2019
It was difficult to work for this company because leadership did not support the nursing staff. This included, but not limited to, advocating for nursing safety when managing aggressive and/or confused patients, lack of supplies to adequately perform job role, positive reinforcement, hiring support staff. The team was good to work with, but overall management was poor.
Wonderful place to work
Manager periop (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 17, 2019
This is my one and only hospital I have worked at since I moved here 9 years ago. They welcome, encourage and provide excellent support for growth within the company. This is the only hospital I have worked at where you feel the support from Administration. They care and listen. This is a second home for me.
Pros
Wonderful support
Cons
Can't think of anything.
Terrible management
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 16, 2019
Managers are never consistent on what they say. Make you work through lunch breaks but still make you clock out. Don’t treat all employees the same. Expect there employees to go above and beyond but they always find something to complain about that’s your not doing right.
Pros
Cons
No lunch breaks, horrible management
Educational driven.
Certified Nursing Technician/ Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 16, 2019
Very educational and vision driven. You can grow and move to different departments. Some departments are team driven. some units are driven by compassion.
Overall good
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 16, 2019
Overall this has been a good experience. Residency is better than most. Flexible scheduling. Could improve on management turnover and opportunities for education and advancement of employees.
Punitive, stressful work environment.
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 15, 2019
COO very punitive, calls you "sweet" created a culture of spying on each other and reporting to him. Has his moles who run and report anything that may be of concern. Very poor work environment, do not apply, it is the largest healthcare employer so they can pay less. Mission is to serve humanity to honor God, don't believe it, they only exist to serve themselves. Don't drink the kool-aid.
Great Place to Work
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  WillowbrookSeptember 14, 2019
The culture of the company is good but management miss the ball when it comes to resolving issues and being fair. I had a complaint about a co worker and her approach towards me; this ended up with her building a case against me causing my employment. Management was no help in resolving issues which escalated issues between staff.
benefits
Cons
management/supervision responsibilities
Food and nutrition
Cook (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2019
The management in charge of my department isn't clear on the direction it plans for and you can't get ahead if you don't have the right friends in high places.
Need to fo better
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Gary, INSeptember 13, 2019
Over worked and unappreciated and take too long with the hiring process to fill in openings that we do have they say they prefer to hire within but not true
friendly environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 12, 2019
The goodest thing about the job is the people u work with r so nice but the hardest part was meeting the standard turn around room time and they also treat u like family
Started working in dietary and my last job was unit clerk
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Main MethodistSeptember 12, 2019
Retired after 30 years and recommend it as very friendly place to work. If looking for rewarding and challenging place to work this is the place. You meet all types of people and cultures they become your second family.
Looking to better myself
Monitor Tech (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXSeptember 12, 2019
Had the same outlet same job same that’s been there for 25 years of my life I have enjoyed it I’m a person that stays not moving around but like to learn new things
Excellent
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 12, 2019
Great place to work and was a good business experience overall. The hospital provides excellent care and has a family like atmosphere. They provide continuous education to retain employees.
It is a productive workplace, With a good staff of people
ESW1 Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 11, 2019
The work day is pretty simple, you are providing a clean and safe environment for patients and staff. The working environment is peaceful and pleasant.
Pros
The pro is a environment that you work at your on pace.
Fast paced, always busy.
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2019
There is always something to do, fast paced. Have to be detailed there is a 7 step to clean rooms. Being thorough that everything is clean and sanitized.
work/life balance
Infection Preventionist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 10, 2019
They encouraged work life balance and tried to provide a just and free environment for their staff. I would recommend this place as a great place to work
Poor management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2019
Management did not take concerns serious. Management was not fair and was not professional at all. A typical day at work was stressful because you had to go in and work behind staff who didn't complete their task on a daily basis. I loved the job but not the ay management handled concerns.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Very poor management and unfairness
Not a great place to work
ICU RN (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 9, 2019
I worked in ICU and it was not a positive experience. There is little team work and lots of bullying of new RNs. Manager didn’t care as well as upper management. Think long and hard before working there, the nurses in the ICUs have a well deserved bad reputation.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Favoritism, mean co-workers and managers who don’t care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at METHODIST HEALTHCARE SYSTEM. Our community is ready to answer.