Odeon

Odeon Employee Reviews

Good stop-gap

Odeon only offer eight-hour contracts for their Cinema Host roles but, this information isn't on their vacancy details so be aware of this. As with many employers, Odeon expect you to complete a certain amount of e-learning courses which is fine although, this is done in your own time which is not helpful at all. Some managers love to use the "do this or else disciplinary action" approach, not good for morale or building loyalty, certainly not conducive for a positive work attitude, the complete opposite of what the Odeon company wants from their staff. Overall a fair place to work, from welcoming and assisting customers at the door, serving at the food and beverage counter to Costa or you could be cleaning screens which can be strenuous but it is what it is. It must be said, Cinema Hosts are expected to carry out some disgusting tasks way beyond their pay-grade, mainly unblocking toilets...this should not be a cinema host task. The free tickets and 40% off food and drink including Costa is a very generous staff perk to be fair. The managers are generally very good, approachable yet seem gagged or at least unaware of employment law, something I gathered very soon after I began working there.

Pros

Good team-building practice

Cons

Expected to do tasks a cinema host should not be expected to do

Only work here if you are studying

This job is perfect if you are studying, I started here when I was studying and at the beginning it’s nice and stress-free, the environment is cool, however after a while it gets too much of it and you notice that management doesn’t care about you, use you and for such little money. It is not worth it. Don’t work here if you want full time as the hours are limited and only depends on the popularity of the films that may come out or if it’s kids holidays. It’s a horrible place and management pretend to care but they don’t really, no progression as well, unless you are friends with the manager.

Pros

Free films for yourself unlimited, Discount food at 40% in Odeon’s, Holidays after 3 months probation

Cons

Little pay for what you do, you basically managers job and you get paid for so much, Pay depends on age, Limited tickets for guests and friends (12) every 3 months, Terrible management that cannot communicate with each other and staff, does not care about you, No progression

Great place to work... friendly staff all day

Great place to work... had a wonderful time, the staff there are always friendly same with the managers, the CEM can be a bur of a pain but that's there job. They treat you will and make sure that you are ok

Pros

Free films

Cons

The pay

Good times.

It a relaxing environment where the majority of the people are collaborative and willing to form real friendships outside of work. an ideal place to be whilst studying. the hours you can work are flexible and at time although it can get quiet, you can have a chat with your colleagues. it can get very busy at times, and sometimes you are rushed off your feet but's it's an adrenaline pumping experience which I personally enjoyed. my bosses bar 1 was lovely and always offered me more hours.

Pros

relaxed, fun, easy going.

Cons

pay could be better.

The staff make it worth it

The shifts are given out three days before so it’s impossible to make plans. Hours are so up and down, one week 35 hours and another week 8 or less - which makes every week stressful if you’re supporting yourself with this job and not just as a student.

Pros

Free tickets

Cons

Cliques, unprofessional, late rotas, awful pay

Management team are clueless for the most part.

Most of the management are untrained and inexperienced. Staff training is non existent. The site is poorly maintained and is in need of immediate improvement but i bet they won't spend money on it.

Pros

Free tickets

Cons

Site conditions, lack of training.

Fun but can be unfair

Working part time is a great at Odeon as they consider the hours you can work and fix around them. However , the workplace although kind and easy to get along with it can be quite unfair with pay and hours givien out.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Late nights

Adventurous

My experience in working at the Odeon Cinema in Lea Valley has been a bit nerve-wracking yet adventurous as I enjoy serving customers even though some of them can be miserable and slightly ignorant. Moreover, I have been learning new skills in this cinema operation quickly considering I have been working while training on the job there for weeks now. The more I learn new skills, the more confident I have become with myself and my abilities.Management is okay not the best to be honest and the vibe is just depends sometimes. I feel more relaxed with older adults co-workers more than the younger ones who are the same age as me and/or few years younger. With older ones, I realise that they have been in my shoes when working in that fast-paced environment and therefore I tend to lean on them when I feel lost or stressed.

Pros

Serving customers in a fast-paced environment, having breaks, meeting and engaging with new people

Cons

Low pay rate, being around with my younger coworkers who I don't fit in with

Horrible. Avoid.

It was only the team that made me stay as long as I did. And that only means the cinema hosts not management. Management is the worst part. Don't know how to do their job and only focus on what you do wrong rather than what you do right. Avoid working at Odeon. It is not worth it. You don't get paid enough to care and upper management (general, area) are on the companies side and only care about the money. You're a number to them. You're not cared for. Avoid.

Pros

free movies, nice staff (cinema hosts not management), 40% off food and drink.

Cons

not enough hours, horrible management, very childish management, little kid management that don't know how to do their job, not cared for.

0 hour contract

Unless 0 hour contracts, management who openly admit they only give hours to staff members they like, management who repeatedly ignore your availability, and staff members bickering over petty he said she said dramas and a management team with only one person not up their own a** enough to come and help when things get tough is your thing, don't work here.

Pros

Free posters and movie viewings

Cons

0 hour contract

Stressfull Poor management

After covid odeon is struggling to get their customers back this means some days you get maybe 20-40 guests in the whole day this we had done all of the cleaning tasks on the 2nd day been sent home from work twice as they booked to many people in and couldn't justify it. i have 7 managers excluding the area manager and the manager of the cinema half are trained. Most people leave after two months. you have to work 2 months to get one months wages works out well when you leave. everything is dark and depressing.

Pros

free employee tickets 12 free tickets for friends

Cons

minumum wage boring work kitchen is disgusting making the food is gross

It WAS a great place to work

The culture and team at odeon were great, management genuinely cared. Now avaliability is not considered. You are expected to live and breathe odeon, the workload from cinema manager to cinema host is a joke. Pay is minimum considering the expectation. A company that prided themselves on guest and team feedback has lost that. Ovens and click and collect do not work. One particular cinena experience manager who left and came back to a different cinema can't seem to fit his ego through the door. Wanted to take credit for people leaving, and decisions that had nothing to do with him, overrode peoples avaliability and because he ran a POW incentive thinks he's the dogs ......ahem. very toxic environment where people do not feel incentivised or valued.

Pros

40% discount. Free films

Cons

Poor pay, undervalued, overworked. Find out your rota 3 days before your shift, management possitions have been condensed so low chance of progression, management have been known yo change your avaliabilty without you knowing, then using some awful excuse as to why

All about the people

The employees are the reason I stayed, the customers, cleaning screens, some management and the overall stress you encounter everyday was insane.Those little quiet moments are the best since you get to chat with your peers but it's like everyone is there trying to give you a hard time, it's ridiculous. The pay as well? Absolutely terrible.Good first time job but definitely not if you're looking to progress in a careers.

Pros

40% off, free movies, great employees!

Cons

Long hours, not enough time on break, management can be horrible and customers

Long shifts, poor pay and lots of stress.

Just a terrible place to work. Late with rotas, don't tell you about time off until week before. Poor pay, terrible to colleagues oh and management usually back abusive customers

Pros

Leaving

Cons

Long hours, poor management, oppressive culture

mye jobb for lite penger

Veldig bra arbeidsmiljø med mange bra kollegaer. Også mange ulike arbeidsoppgaver. Blir fort repetetive oppgaver og mye som skal gjøres på lite folk. Alltid folk syke så alltid for lite folk på jobb.

Pros

Gratis Kino

Cons

Veldig lav lønn og dårlige arbeidstider

not a place i would go back too

the environment is quite lonely and hard to make friends with the other staff because everyone is so rude and often don’t help you as most of them are so new because of the constant changing of staff, mangers not really helpful when you are new often expect you to know what to do even if they know it is your first job, the work itself is not difficult but the hours are so long and the pay is ridiculously low for the amount you actually have to do and the amount of standing around, they often won’t give you 8 hours to avoid having to give you a paid break so tend to give you a 7.45 hour shift which is a long time to be standing for a whole day, they often don’t give many shifts as other staff have higher contact hours so you make even less money which honestly is not good. although some of the benefits are useful its not worth the pain you go through working there

Pros

discount on food and free tickets

Cons

long hours, not very friendly staff, poor management

Nice staff, really friendly managers

Although I didn’t work there for very long, I found my time at the Odeon to be very productive and a very supportive workplace. All my co-workers were very nice, and all of the managers were really approachable and accommodating. The work is hard and the hours are very long and tiring, but all in all I found the experience to be overall very positive

Pros

Free movies, nice managers

Cons

Long hours, a lot of standing around

Fun workplace, bad pay

Odeon was a great place to work, amazing colleagues, regular guests, 40% discount on food and drink, 12 free tickets every 3 months, But the pay was bad for anyone under 21. Barely over the minimum wage. Management was great the beginning but it got less great towards the end. I believe the new system makes the odeon less magical now, but overall amazing place to work with flexible hours and days.

Pros

Great Job, really enjoyable.

Cons

Bad Pay if under 21

Terrible

If I could put 1 star especially for management I would. If you’re looking for a job where they work you like a mule over busy holiday periods then let you go once it’s quiet again at the end of your probation over fabricated reasons then look no further. The management is an embarrassment, they criticise your work out on the floor whilst sitting in the office for 95% of the day. The managers are embarrassingly bad at their jobs and will reprimand the best employee just to make it look as if they’ve done something that day. Do not apply for this if you are looking for something long term. Do not apply if you are you looking for a mature management team who appreciate your hard work and do not pick favourites even when you’re performing better. Zero starts if I could put it. High staff turnover just shows how awful this place is to work.

Cons

Childish management team who don’t appreciate your hard work

Kötü kosullarda çalışma sistemi

Larissa holiday Beach Club projesi berbat Tek kişilik MOBA var ve bozuk bir pervane 35 derce sicagin altında ,tek kişi oldugimuz halde istirahat saati kesiliyor Projedeki yöneticiler güvenliğe karşı saygı sıfır yemek berbat ,iş güvenlik uzmanı 2 defa gelmesine rağmen sorunlara çözüm üretmediGüvenliği projeye bırakıp gidiyorlar ve birdaha gelmiyorlar

Cons

Projelerde yemekler kötü, sorunlar çözüm odaklı değil

Fun but clique

Good job, but can be very clique. if you don't fit in then it's it hard to advance. Not enough care of staff ,By management, management team very young and inexperienced, very high turn over of staff.

Pros

Free movies, 40percent off food and drink.

Cons

Either not enough hours due to payroll limitations, or overworked as young team not reliable and call in sick often

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Odeon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Odeon