Papa John's

Papa John's Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Found 3,474 reviews matching the search
very fun and enjoyable place to work, never dull and not especially hard. most of the people i worked with were fun and also good at their job, but the pay is not so good and its really only good for the drivers.
Pros
free pizza, good money for drivers
Cons
short breaks, very stressful on weekends
fairly relaxed we knew what was required of us and got on with it . just stayed out of way of management if chefs mucked up an order.pressure as a driver to deliver on time because of cooking time deliver in centre of busy town when you have time limits on delivery many complaints on company website for cambridge at that time. also shop was sold while working there to another franchise which meant changing the way things were done many sacking so they could bring in their own team...
Pros
free pizza
Cons
speak in another language so you couldnt understand very rude
An amazing place to work over all, only con is that it is not a very safe job in certain areas late at night. The tips are great so if you are a driver you will be making good money. The management at this store is at a great place everyone is really friendly and it’s a fun work environment.
Pros
50% off, good management, fun environment
Cons
At times unsafe
Job delivering pizzas was just what you'd expect. Things were typically slow so didn't do too much. When it was busy, you spent a lot of time driving around the city, so time went by faster. Wasn't terrible
Good college job. Don't expect much more than this. No opportunity for advancement unless you want to be an underpaid and overworked manager. Would recommend if you need easy money.
Worked as delivery driver, time goes by fast when on deliveries. However, sometimes coworkers may not show up and you have to work past your scheduled shift
Pros
Really good employee discount
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes insensitive management
Delivering pizzas is fun. Morning shift is where the money tends to be good if you get a big Amazon corporate delivery. The most that I was tipped was about $60 on a big order.
Pros
Free food
Cons
You get paid about 4.25 while taking deliveries
I have worked here for three years, they are amazing about letting you decide when you can work. The downside is that the pay is dismal some weeks and there is no consistency.
Pros
Employee discount, drive all day
Cons
Pay
The work is generally pretty easy. Management is great and friendly, but sometimes forgetful. The workplace culture is very laid-back. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the customers, who can sometimes be incoherent or unintelligible, and even sometimes just really awful to deal with.
Pros
Employee discount is 70%, you often get free pizza throughout the shift.
Cons
Wages are terrible, management doesn't seem to care about anything but the customer's satisfaction, everything takes a backseat to the customer, including your own humanity.
delivery driver - everyone is "equal" except couple guys know new managers code & took all good orders (tips, distance, locations...) & management wasn't able to control this situation :(
Pros
free food
Cons
co-workers
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Papa John's?
It’s an easy job with flexible hours but at my location the management literally didn’t want to be the manager and would frequently just quit for a few days whenever something happened at the store. One of the shifts abused his power and sexually harassed all the girls there. The manager made him directly confront us and apologize which made him flip out and punch walls. He was not fired and came back to work the next day and I had to close with him alone the next two nights. It’s easy but it gets hard when the people are so toxic, I had multiple people randomly verbally attack me Bc of rumors they heard or they just didn’t like me. Was called a douchbag over and over for *erasing* the dishes chore off my name when I was closing and closers have the closing chore no other chore. That person got a *slap on the wrist* not even a write up. One of the shifts had a horrible attitude problem and would frequently get sent home for it, would constantly scream at people and she got promoted....and she wouldn’t ever do her chores she would always just leave. I had to quit because I was tired of getting worked up by my coworkers every single day, shortly after, all drivers were taken off the schedule not even laid off, Bc owner found it was cheaper to only let doordash take deliveries. No one could collect unemployment in the middle of the pandemic Bc they were all just not scheduled.
Pros
Easy, good tips
Cons
No holiday pay, no benefits, bad management
When I was there as a delivery driver for 8 months, we had 10 wrecks. Including one of mine. It was absolutely awful. You’re expected to work long hours and they do not care if you don’t feel comfortable driving during bad weather conditions. That includes snow.
I have worked under 5 General Managers between the stores I was delivering for in Colorado Springs. Only one of them didn't manage to shine as somebody not worth working for, although I am sure that can vary quite a bit depending on geography. I will say though, I got good hours and made some excellent tips when the business really got fast-paced and heavy.
Constant turnover because of bad pay and a new manager every month who would change the whole way the store ran. Wear out your personal vehicle and barely get compensated for it
Pros
Free food, decent tips
Cons
wear and tear on your own car with little compensation
Working here as a delivery driver was a pretty good job. Being able to get out of the store and on the road helps the day go by fast. Depending on the area you are in, you can make good money on tips, for relatively easy work. One thing I didn't expect was how much worker delivery drivers have to do in the store. Phone calls, cash registers, prepping ingredients, cleaning, stocking etc. Can get pretty hectic on busy days.
Pros
free lunch sometimes, being able to leave the store
Cons
can be extremely busy and overwhelming
Best pizza company for delivery drivers. Don't get roped into doing in-store. Choose a store in a good family neighborhood for best tips. Avoid areas with crime issues to help stay safe as well as keeping yourself stress free!
Pros
Great tips and weekly pay.
Cons
The mileage on the car does add up when driving month after month.
Not a bad job for a brief job, I was a delivery driver and thus my car took a toll. I didn’t want to do any other job there because the pay was worse.
worked as delivery driver over two periods in time. relatively simple job, delivering food and preparing ingredients for the most part. had a good manager the first time, second manager had was fired after weird advances to another employee... this was years ago to be clear
Pros
schedule
Cons
no room for growth
not enough hours, and min. wage it's not good But very nice staff, easy rules, an interview is more like a conversation.So, some positive changes and a really nice place to work.
it's an okay job to work at Definitely not a careerThey will work the mangers to death not have more workers Pay Sucks.Just bein Real ppl Need to know
Cons
when i quit during covid, Jason the boss said that, I'll never will find a better job, like it is here at papa johns, Wow some human being you are
my job was a delivery driver. plain and simple. get the pizza, deliver it to the customer. Very easy job. not alot of thinking is needed to be a delivery driver.
Pros
free food
Cons
no holidays off