Papa John's

Papa John's Employee Reviews for Manager

I worked with employees younger than me but that helped me build my confidence as a manager to better convey my authority to the employees. That was also the hardest part of the job.
It was an okay place to work but advancement opportunities were not publicly posted. Many times people that were in good with managers were selected for promotions without giving others a fair chance to apply.
Pros
Co workers were great
Cons
Lay offs
Job overall is okay. Desperation or student job at best. Does have weekly pay, but is underpaid for the work you put in, expected to come in or stay past scheduled time, and the exceptions can be unrealistic. Management is hit or miss, some are cool and others are terrible. Benefits and college program aren’t too bad for a restaurant. A delivery driver position is better than an insider or management positions.
Pros
Fun work environment, weekly pay, decent benefits
Cons
No breaks, long hours, bad management
Some of the staff was lazy. They always try and hide when it’s busy, don’t customer complain alt over things that are silly and sometimes when it’s busy you have to sort out who is best where
Pros
Easy to learn
Cons
You have to work fast when it’s busy
Awful place to work but it's not like I need to tell you that. Just work a couple weeks and see for yourself. Horribly horribly underpaid and no insurance
Cons
For the first year of my employment, I had my ups and downs, but I could see myself staying there. I believed my store was the best (cleanest and best run) in the city and was proud of that.After a while in early 2021, we hit a wall: call-outs were high, staff was short, and management was still under pressure to make their goals. This meant managers like myself would not have enough help compared to the amount of business we were getting.I never got the raise that I was told I would. Apparently my DO forgot to put it in. That, the stress level, and some unfairness resulted in me putting in my two weeks notice.Only 4 people (all managers) actually put in work for my store. Drivers, especially, and insiders complained about the littlest things, like having to fold boxes. At the end, all I could see was that drivers made more than me (which they did after tips), and I couldn't look past that.
Pros
50% off, easy to advance
Cons
Low pay, stressful for managers
No brakes. Managers are under paid. They don't care about your availability. Can get terminated for no reason. If you are getting slammed with orders the general Manager won't even show up. They don't care about employees mental health and physical health.
Pros
50% off everytime you order just for Carry out. Allways giving over time.
Cons
Manager's are way under paid
Was great, but now that the owners have changed hands prepared to be overworked, talked down to, and underpaid. Also it has a habit of being a rumor mill and drama house.
I loved everybody I work with but the management didn’t very help very much.We always got the bare minimum we never got raises and we always felt like we always got shortstaffed and never able to get time off.
Pros
Free pizza.
Cons
No time off
Fun company to work at while a student. Sometimes there are bad customers and managers. Depends on location and GM. Flexible schedule decent pay part time and full tiem
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Papa John's?
I started as an insider at Papa John's, but was promoted to a manager within two years. For the most part, my supervisors were supportive and easy to work with. The pay isn't good enough though. The work itself can be overwhelming especially if you are short staffed!
This job can be stressful, the customers are entitled and the work is repetitive and tedious at times, but if you find a shop with good co-workers it makes it bearable as you all can suffer together. There is cleaning, making food, & taking orders, even in management it is the same but with a few added responsibilities. Management will find no time for breaks, you will be called-in and asked to work more than your schedule says. There is no room for growth, but it will give you a paycheck and you look forward to seeing the people you work with if you manage to find a place with good co-workers.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
No-Breaks, Repetition, Low-Pay, Customers
If you have a good crew at your store, you can have a good time. But once you start talking to regional management, you realize how much they just do not care. The staff is criminally underpaid, and a lot of personal bias goes into every choice made there. It's easy to become a manager, it's easy to become a general manager and get your own store, but that's not a good thing. The wrong people get promoted.
Pros
Easy to promote
Cons
No breaks, the worst upper management, low pay
A typical day at work was very busy, tending to customers, managing a team, and overall satisfaction within the company. But overall it was a great experience and I wouldnt trade it. I learned a lot of unique skills
Great Job place to work. No complaints. Plan on staying and moving up with in the company. There is nothing badnyou can really say. The works not bad and people are great
Pros
Awesome Job
Cons
The business is stressful and has poor pay. The customers yell at you consistently and there are not many people there so you work a lot to cover the people that you are missing.
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits, no vacations, no paid time off
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Papa John's is fairly good, so long as you put in a notice in advance. Don't be stupid and ask for a friday off every week
I worked there for awhile, and it was usually fine and dandy. When things got a little busy, however, people’s moods would drop and sometimes not treat people equally. There are indeed favorites, so if you are not one of these favorites, you may be treated differently than the rest. I would never recommend being a manager here, as there is a lot of bias. The breaks are short and only for the minors. 30 minutes max. Smoking breaks are allowed here and there. If you have an opinion of another, it 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 be spread around the store and 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 will know about it. Don’t expect people to keep your secrets. Nobody in there is your friend, just associates.
Pros
Employee discounts for you and occasionally family.
Cons
Short breaks
It's an easy job it doesn't pay great but that's about what you expect in all honesty if you just need a summer job this will work out especially if you want to be a driver if you can't then your gonna want to get into management quickly
Pros
Discounted food, relaxed rules
Cons
Pay isn't great, breaks vary
Work-life balanceGreat place, people and staffPay & benefitsManagers get some benifitsJob security and advancementThey train you but you will hit a ceilingManagementThey are okCultureHope you like answering callsOverallI worked there for over 8 years. I got to be a gm at one of the stores and learned a lot about business. They pay was ok but slowly it started going down.
Work-life balanceEasy job just do your job and show up and on timePay & benefitsMinimum pay is 8.56 but we usually story at 9 flat depending on experienceJob security and advancementI'm a manger I been here for 5 years lots of very rude customers that only look for free stuff even if it's the simplest thingManagementGreat companyCultureFast paceOverallGreat place great people great job good pizza 50% discount general manager very nice helps out will help you if you are a good employee and is here on time