Popeye's Restaurants

Popeye's Restaurants Employee Reviews

Showing all 10,289 reviews

productive workplace

A very productive workplace to be in. i was able to rely on my co workers to do there job to keep the restaurant to work smoothly, and to keep customers being happy with our service

Great but mislead crew by upper management

Abysgroup is so unprofessional, new general managers all the time the poor crew and managers underneath always seem stressed and lost. The turnover rate at this store is ridiculous and affects not only your work life but also your personal life a horrible place to work.

Hospitality

Bad waiting time. Employees has bad customer service and the management team doesn't know how to conduct themselves in a professional manner. When a issue persist with a customer there is no body there who knows how to control hostile situations without becoming hostile themselves.

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

No breaks

Hard work hard labor

Hard work and hard labor . Flexible . Work long hours and doing more then just job description . Very much gives micro management and it’s horrible . I do not reccomend .

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Short breaks no benefits no dental vision no insurance benefits

It’s popeyes

It’s like any other job like that. Managers ruin it. I don’t like their atitude and the chicken isn’t that good. Long hours, understaffed. Low pay lol.

Pay was too low

Started at minimum wage, and never saw a raise working there for over a year. The people are ok. Customers were mostly okay, but there were a few really awful people.

Pros

Cheap chicken

Cons

You smell like chicken day in day out.

No work life balance

No work life balance, stressful environment, not enough salary to compensate to my job in other word we are under paid. They only gave us 5 hrs of duty minimum if there's no guest. This is MANDATORY to this company! Upper Management doest have consideration to their employees.

Pros

Free food

Cons

No OT, under paid, under manned, upper management and lastly STRESSFUL

N/a

Wouldn’t really recommend horrible manager,they do not pay time and a half will definitely overwork you if you let them .Overall if you wanna get cheated and dogged out this the place for you

Only good as a starter job

A very toxic work environment. Workers are told they need to upsell to meet a certain quota, and are threatened with having their hours reduced or being replaced if they are unable to. Those who do meet quotas typically do it by deceiving customers into spending more money, which management sees no problem with despite numerous complaints. I've also been told that I should intimidate our teenage staff members into working harder and that they should be afraid of me, which I refuse to do.Management often insults and puts down employees, even when failing to complete basic tasks on their own shifts. Any attempt to bring this up with them or upper management is completely ignored. Shifts are also often understaffed and unable to keep the store clean, but when told about this management will tell you that you simply need to be faster and work on your time management. Impossible place to work unless you are willing to be management's yes man.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Can be fast paced, Rude customers, Indifferent/awful management, Understaffing

Empresa excelente para trabalhar

Gostei muito de fazer ação nessa empresa, funcionários bem receptivos

If you like putting up with bs for little pay this is the job for you

When I first started working at Popeyes it actually wasn’t that bad, once our good employees left new ones came in and every since it’s been horrible little pay, long hours for management, disrespectful customers, although I will say they work with your schedule and if you ever need a job as long as you haven’t made anyone in management mad you’re allowed to come.

Pros

Works with your schedule, overtime pay is good

Cons

No breaks, underpaid, hard to advance

Hard work for low pay

This is a company for high school kids. You can not pay bills with this job or even make ends meet. They overwork you and expect you to come in bright eyed and early every day.

Cons

Fun place with a good culture

Fast paced enjoyable environment just have to know how to handle busy periods. The team is very close knit and all have a common goal in mind. Work as a team.

Pros

Free meals, bonus program

Cons

Work/home balance can be difficult

Fun work place

Good place to work with good co workers and dealing with various customers daily help you to get familiar with accent and other issues overall nice place to work.

Ugly

6 days a week and if you are lucky you don’t get called in on your day off . Local franchisee poor pay poor people support . No clue how to treat people and the what’s up app will drive you insane

Great management

My store manager was great, organized, friendly and helpful. Whenever issues arose with customers or just within the workplace, she worked speedily and diligently to resolve them in the most peaceful manner.

everything is awful districts are run by all family in each one of the restaurant

general managers do whatever they want they pay employees in cash knowing it's not permitted. clock in non-existing employees, hire random non documented people , bad service , cheat on weekly numbers etc,,, its awful

It was alright for a first job

It was alright for a first job and it was my first job everything was alright at first until management started to change and everything went wrong and had to leave.

Can be good but stressful too if under pressure and trying hard

Love working with company but alot of communication issues and when under pressure its hard to communicate even more and try to do your job as quick as you can and only can focus on doing things right like as you are trained to do and be quick and not screw up and feel like your not doing your job and being told by too many people on what to do and its confusing ??

Pros

At least a free small meal

Cons

When you work your hours you should be off by those hours you were provided with

Ok company to work for...very little compensation what you do

Compensation is low compared to what you have to do...not the best company for helping GMs maintain there stores. Need better management and better maintenance.

Could be better

I would like this job more if I got paid better. The management is very good at my store, in particular, the main problem is a lot of kids get hired and they don't know how to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Popeye's Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits