Premier Inn

Premier Inn Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,924 reviews

Good reputable company to work for

Well managed company. Loads of training provided and clear progression routes. Can be stressful when its busy however this is normal for any business.

Great staff

Great staff make the job easier, work isn’t too strenuous and environment can be easy going. There are the odd few guests who are threatening, drunken guests who are rowdy etc. they come usually in from the bar next door. Overall work is fine though.

Pros

Lovely team members, work isn’t too stressful.

Cons

Threatening guests

Had a great time!

Fun, lots of things to learn, new experiences everyday. colleagues are great and there's a family vibe in the workplace, we all really learn from one another

Physically demanding but good pay and hours

Very physically demanding but there are positives if you can hack it. Have to take the rough (lower back pain from bending down all day, dealing with linen/equipment shortages some days, cleaning rooms rapidly) with the smooth (good flexible hours, pay,some days very low stress).

Pros

Pay is above minimum, good hours, you start at 9 weekdays and 10 on weekends and with a good manager you can work set days, Good job to get on with on your own, mostly low stress expect for when you don't have the right equipment / inventory to work with.

Cons

If they're understaffed you'll be worked to the ground, On good days we only had 6-8 rooms which is enough to tire you out, on weekends and busy days we'd have up to 12 which can be exhausting.

Nasty people working there use all new people like slaves

Kings lynn premier inn Hotel is not a good place to work they treat you badly and have bad attitudes. When I worked in London premier Inn it was amazing can not fault it management was nice people you work with was fantastic help each other I really miss working there.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Enjoyed my time

Enjoyed my time at premier inn. Great team and fair managers. The work was fast paced and labouring but the end result and fantastic team made it worthwhile.

would not recommend

the workload is extremely tough and stressful. the management is an absolute joke, the only thing i enjoyed while working there was that the other staff were friendly.

Pros

good salary & hours

Cons

poor management & tough work

Never enough for them

I worked in the housekeeping department. They put you on either a low hour, or zero hour contract. You wouldn't know how many hours you'd get that day until you walked in in the morning, so no financial security. They wanted you out the door and off the clock as fast as possible, yet also expected perfection, and not a single speck of dust. Gave 2 stars only because most of the staff were lovely, shame about the company.

Pros

Most of the staff were lovely

Cons

Greedy and demanding company

Became unprofessional in 2 months

Started working here in September of 2021 and all was great. i work in housekeeping and its a very physically demanding job, 100% the hardest in the hotel overall. Management has declined rapidly in the span of a few weeks due to a new recruitment. All departments, housekeeping, restaurant and kitchen staff come together and catch up over breakfast. Everyone i work with is lovely and very friendly!

Pros

Free food, great opportunity to make new friends and all are very welcoming.

Cons

unexpected hours, called in on days off, some rude staff, bullying, belittling and management claims to care about your opinions but never acts upon it, sees the messages and doesn't reply!

Overworked/underpaid/little training

In the hotel I worked at we were overworked and underpaid.Training was minimal get told off by management for the most craziest things ever if your face doesn’t fit you’ll end up leaving quicker than you walked in

Pros

£2 meals on shift

Cons

Overworked/underpaid/little training/management

Bad place to work

Poor management who only cared about themselves and toxic work environment. The hotel was badly run. There was never enough equipment to use for the amount of housekeepers there was.

Avoid

There is no work life balance or training, cero support. Expected to know what you are doing by guessing and when you decided what to do, the manager disagreed with you, with the excuse that she has 2 hotels to oversee, she was never there I have never shared a shift with her, she was always busy doing something else….if someone phones in sick you are expected to stay on so an 8hr shift can turn into 16hrs, or they call you in your day off and the ending it’s exactly the same, constantly understaffed putting enormous pressure on myself and the team to cover double shifts.I wasn’t working as Deputy, all the task of my position “were taken to allowed me to work in the field with the team” meaning as everything: cleaning rooms, as a bell boy with the luggage, dealing with the linen etc.Don’t get me wrong I’m a very hands on person, but this was hilarious, one thing it’s to help and another totally different it’s to work in daily basis as a cleaner, when you applied to a management position.I had a lost in my family and I had to travel to my country and I was told that they cannot “hold the position”, so I resigned.My manager only contacted me by texts, never called me, not even once. Extremely disappointed experience.

Cons

If your okay with working with bullying employees/managers and being used. It’s the job for you

You can gain extra shifts but only if you suck up to your managers. Get ready for no work life balance.They don’t care about your mental health.16 hour shifts can happen often.

Pros

Pay rate

Cons

Don’t get paid breaks when you can’t really have time to eat.

Unders-staffed and overworked

Worked at the company for about 5 months and would not recommend it unless you’re very desperate for a job. Managers play all nice and say they care about the staff but isn’t the reality. The job was fine initially but busy at times which was stressful when I hadn’t worked there for long yet and wasn’t quick enough. After about a month of working there it got even ‘busier’ but soon learned it wasn’t actually busy as in they had a lot of customers, they just simply didn’t have enough staff most of the time. I was contracted for 20 hours over 5 days which isn’t much to be fair and I didn’t mind doing a few hours extra a week, however by the end I was doing 10 hours extra most weeks. Breaks were not encouraged, even when you worked 6+ hours and some people would do the whole shift without even a sip of water. Rooms were often filthy and you were expected to spend approx 25 mins to clean each but was not always physically possible, especially as due to Covid you have to do extra cleaning. If you have any social life or a family, be prepared to cancel your plans as you never know when you’ll actually finish your shift. Prepare to also never have weekends off as they only give regular weekends of for a selected few (personally only had one weekend off in the 5 months I worked there and had to use holidays to get it). Also, if you don’t have young kids prepare to work longer hours, as the ones who have to pick up their kids from school/nursery get given less rooms so they can leave early (good for them though). Working at the reception didn’t seem very appealing either as they -

Average, Not Great. Had So Much Potential.

Job Started Of Well, they are nice to you when you're new.Once you're in for a month they have expectations that are not realistic-Only Care About Selling Rooms-Expect you to clean a room in 20mins when it takes at least 30mins (Rooms can be very messy).-Only Experienced Colleagues can achieve this, they all had worked 3years+ But expect you to achieve the same times when you haven't even worked there for a month.-Room times are set by a machine.They cut your hours if you're too "Slow"In my Particular Hotel, they were all from the same background and clicked up together. Very Uncomfortable.-No Structure, one day 6 hours, next day 4, next day 2......Unbelievable.

Pros

In-House Benefits.

Cons

Unrealistic Expectations. No Structure....

Fast paced but enjoyable

I enjoy working at premier Inn as a ground floor team member(bar, restaurant and reception) as I don't do the same thing everyday, it is a fast paced environment but all of the team help out and work well together

Pros

Team meal discounts and discounts on rooms

Cons

Ok couldn’t overly fault them

Reasonable place to work.Reasonable company to work for.Pleasant co workers. My experience on the whole was good.I enjoyed my time with the company.

Pros

Discounts off certain brands owned In house

Cons

None really

Understaffed and overstressed, management care more about their numbers than employee health

Understaffed which means too much work for one person, so you are tired a lot, the managers won't take rooms off the booking system to help with understaffing and just tell you to get on with it, and if you work on reception you're a lone worker until the housekeepers come infeel underappreciated as they only care that they are selling rooms

Avoid at all costs

I have worked at this company for just over two months and have only had two full weekends off, while other staff get regular weekends off. How can a manager accept that staff "tell" them they are not prepared to do full weekends or what days they are going to work!!!!Please don't be sucked in by the "happy friendly approachable" rubbish. Once you start at this company it all goes out the window. Certain people get away with what they want and the rest of you have to pick up the slack. You DO NOT get the support you only get more pressure and less time to actually have a life while you watch others swan about and do what they like.I have asked for a transfer back to the site I started at but have been told to wait until my manager is back at work so they can talk to me properly, in the meantime I have to put up with being dumped on from a great height.I am looking for a new job but obviously in the present climate it is exceedingly hard but I will persevere I will shovel horse manure all day if it means leaving this broken biased company.

Cons

Long hours. No life outside work. Biased manager. No support. Stress.

Great if you are prepared to work hard.

The company has lots if benefits. The job is hard work but rewarded well. We support each other as a team and it makes working there more enjoyable. Be prepared to work hard but definitely worth it.

Pros

Great pension scheme and perks.

Cons

Physically hard.

Good and bad days like anywhere

Day today was busy and often there was a shortage of team due to the labour models. The mostly effected housekeeping and maintenance team. Great summer party’s but very little of the team experience these more for management

Pros

Teams

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Premier Inn
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?