RSM

RSM Employee Reviews

Dishonest Management

Petty supervisors that don’t train but hold you accountable for not knowing what they were supposed to teach you. Lower level supervisor not held accountable.

Typical accounting firm

Typical accounting firm. Long hours, clients who are disorganized, timesheets required, etc. most of employees were nice and easy to get along with, but can be cliquey. Good place for a few years, then you move on to industry.

A bit Like High School

the kind of work you get is ok. sometime there is a lot of work. other times there isn't a lot. the culture is not that great. everyone is pandering for attention to the one above them. and there are cliques.

Pros

great place to learn since the you're not bombarded with a crazy amount of work

Cons

environment (cliques)

Great Large Firm with Midsize Feel

Overall it really is a great company. I was an intern remotely and at first it was really overwhelming but they were extremely supportive and confident I could see. However, I did feel like there should have been more training on the overall process. If not more training a more in depth training of the specific process for completion.

Audit Associate

Great place to start your career. Not for everyone. Great work-life balance for public accounting. But that doesn't mean that this company has a great work-life balance.

Pros

Better hours in the summer

Cons

A lot of hours

Good

Great place to work, lots of support and work to do. Pay is outstanding compared to past work. Enjoy every day and there can be something new every day.

Flexible work environment, nice people, growth opportunity

Overall good company - sense of team and culture is important to everyone, flexible about working from home and going into the office, provide the resources you need

Pros

Flexible, supportive team, not micromanaged

Cons

Sometimes can be lack of direction

Good Management / Could be Higher Pay

Management is very helpful. Pay should be more on par with Big 4 firms. Not a lot of incentive to stay. Work/life balance is fair and the company has a great culture.

Nice workspace with supportive coworkers

I'm very thankful the knowledge RSM has given me, and the opportunities I've received to learn and grow. What is really holding me back at this moment is the amount of work I have on my plate, and the lack of work/ life balance.

Pros

supportive coworkers

Cons

overworked, work life balance

No complaints. Company treats their employees well, especially through Covid (ie free meals, extra paid days off, etc.). There tends to be a lot of meetings throughout the day.

Great Culture

One of the best public accounting firms you can work for. Management genuinely cares about you. The culture is incredible and the people you work with makes the job that much better.

Pros

Cons

Work/Life Balance, Busy Hours

Easy Work but Disorganized

Did an internship that was extremely unorganized. Dates, duties of the job, etc were all made unclear to me. There was an overall lack of consistency with where I would report to and what I would be working on.

Terrible place to work

Terrible place to work, they don’t care about their employees. I was let go within 3 months. Didn’t get a grieving period. They stab their employees in the back and will dispose of you like candy. You’re just a name on a pice of paper. Choose to work at any other accounting frim. Just a bunch of lies is what they feed you.

Buen ambiente de trabajo

Es una empresa bien establecida, con personal profesional y colaborativa. Existen oportunidades de crecimiento adecuados.

Pros

Sueldo, Ambiente Laboral

Work to make RSM reach company

You work and gives all skills you have to students, then management listening parents and not you for situations like important other activities like a sport when parents do instead stay on your class of Mathematics.

Pros

Small hours working during weekdays

Cons

Always must work in weekends to give free time for parents:)

productive and fun company to work with

This is a great workplace to start with. They are super patient to their new hires and provide great training program. People are very friendly and welcoming.

Pros

good benefits

Cons

n/a

Not bad for public accounting

It's not big 4 but you still get similar exposure to the field. Benefits are not bad, although health insurance could be much better. Pay is competitive to other companies in the industry

Pros

Flexible work

Cons

Health insurance is not so good

OK workplace

This is a good place to put your head down and do work. There isn't much room for autonomy and not enough guidance from leadership. It is an ok place to work.

Excellent company which values its employees

RSM is a great company to work for. if you are a self-motivated individual, and you work hard and make your manager aware of your goals, they will do everything to help you succeed and you can move up pretty quickly. The company values promoting from within and will choose to train an internal candidate who they feel is ready vs hire outside employees for most positions. The Partners are mostly very nice to work with and the company is willing to value retaining talent. during difficult economic times, the partners have taken pay cuts to allow employees to keep their jobs and pay rates. Definitely a good work environment for people who are self-motivated and enjoy working with a team and supporting their colleagues.

Pros

Great environment, Each location has its own fun events, values employees, tons of PTO, flexible

Cons

your raises are dependent on your ability to show your efforts in a self review, as well as your manager's input - actually a pro if you are self-motivated

Hard Work, Competitive environment

I worked in Risk Consulting for almost 4 years. I was a Senior Associate at the time I left the company voluntarily. If you are an experienced employee, as I was, and are looking to move to RSM, be prepared for an uphill battle. College hires have a much better shot at success at the company as they receive extensive training and essentially don’t know anything other than RSM. Experienced hires are given, at best, 1/2 day of training and thrown into the fire. Support for experienced hires is extremely poor and thus many of them leave after a year or less. I tried my hardest to work towards finding my place on the team. And was moderately successful at carving out a niche. However, I never quite felt like I belonged. In addition, the work can be extremely stressful with aggressive and often unrealistic deadlines and budgets. If someone leaves the team, you are left to make up for it. More clients and thus more work is added every year. As a Senior Associate you are the head on the chopping block if work is not getting done.

Pros

Opportunity for Advancement

Cons

Stressful work environment, lack of support

hope I will work with them in the future

I heard about this company from my friends so I have done some research. They are a great company and quite large. Definitely will apply to RSM in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RSM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• RSM