RSM

RSM Employee Reviews

Dishonest Management

Petty supervisors that don’t train but hold you accountable for not knowing what they were supposed to teach you. Lower level supervisor not held accountable.

Fast paced environment, will learn a lot in a short time

Good public accounting company to work for. As expected with any large public accounting company, the hours are long during busy seasons and stress is high. But most of the teams are helpful and everyone’s in it together.

Pros

Quick promos, competitive pay, CPA exams paid for

Cons

Work-life balance, high stress

Tough in the remote environment

Good place to start your career. Lots of turnover and difficult to get mentors. Must be willing to put in the hours but tough when you don't get the support you need. Public accounting is struggling to keep talent and the business model might have to change to hold onto talent.

Bad work-life balance like the rest of the jobs in the accounting industry

The people I met were great but the workload itself is too much to take. Bad work-life balance like the rest of the jobs in the accounting industry and the pay is standard.

Not a great place to work with little benefit

not great, long hours, poor management. there is a very poor performance and development process, with emphasis less on what you as an individual do, and more on who you are friends with.

Productive team environment, overall everyone is helpful and friendly.

I was a contractor at RSM on the helpdesk. Overall I enjoyed my time there, co workers and management were all down to earth and helpful.Pay was not great but it gets better if you're hired on full time.

Pros

great environment, you learn about a variety of different software and applications, great for gaining experience.

Cons

work load can get hectic during busy seasons for taxes.

Great balance of internal and external opportunities. Progressive culture.

Great balance of internal and external opportunities for all levels. Progressive culture - takes employee input into consideration. Stable job opportunity - potential to move up.

RSM has a top-notch culture, significant advancement opportunities, offers carrier growth, and good management.

RSM is a diverse and inclusive place that values its employees and compensates them well. They help you advance your carrier and make a path to grow, making you a happier, more valuable asset, and more successful person.

Pros

Significant carrier advancement, good pay, great coworkers, incredible culture

Cons

Insurance contribution is not the best but also not terrible

Great people that want you to succeed

Managers and fellow employees are incredibly kind and patient. They do not mind if you ask questions and are always happy to help. Summer interns may find it hard to get work, however.

Typical accounting firm

Typical accounting firm. Long hours, clients who are disorganized, timesheets required, etc. most of employees were nice and easy to get along with, but can be cliquey. Good place for a few years, then you move on to industry.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at RSM?

A bit Like High School

the kind of work you get is ok. sometime there is a lot of work. other times there isn't a lot. the culture is not that great. everyone is pandering for attention to the one above them. and there are cliques.

Pros

great place to learn since the you're not bombarded with a crazy amount of work

Cons

environment (cliques)

Great Large Firm with Midsize Feel

Overall it really is a great company. I was an intern remotely and at first it was really overwhelming but they were extremely supportive and confident I could see. However, I did feel like there should have been more training on the overall process. If not more training a more in depth training of the specific process for completion.

Audit Associate

Great place to start your career. Not for everyone. Great work-life balance for public accounting. But that doesn't mean that this company has a great work-life balance.

Pros

Better hours in the summer

Cons

A lot of hours

Good

Great place to work, lots of support and work to do. Pay is outstanding compared to past work. Enjoy every day and there can be something new every day.

Flexible work environment, nice people, growth opportunity

Overall good company - sense of team and culture is important to everyone, flexible about working from home and going into the office, provide the resources you need

Pros

Flexible, supportive team, not micromanaged

Cons

Sometimes can be lack of direction

Good Management / Could be Higher Pay

Management is very helpful. Pay should be more on par with Big 4 firms. Not a lot of incentive to stay. Work/life balance is fair and the company has a great culture.

Nice workspace with supportive coworkers

I'm very thankful the knowledge RSM has given me, and the opportunities I've received to learn and grow. What is really holding me back at this moment is the amount of work I have on my plate, and the lack of work/ life balance.

Pros

supportive coworkers

Cons

overworked, work life balance

No complaints. Company treats their employees well, especially through Covid (ie free meals, extra paid days off, etc.). There tends to be a lot of meetings throughout the day.

Great Culture

One of the best public accounting firms you can work for. Management genuinely cares about you. The culture is incredible and the people you work with makes the job that much better.

Pros

Cons

Work/Life Balance, Busy Hours

Easy Work but Disorganized

Did an internship that was extremely unorganized. Dates, duties of the job, etc were all made unclear to me. There was an overall lack of consistency with where I would report to and what I would be working on.

Terrible place to work

Terrible place to work, they don’t care about their employees. I was let go within 3 months. Didn’t get a grieving period. They stab their employees in the back and will dispose of you like candy. You’re just a name on a pice of paper. Choose to work at any other accounting frim. Just a bunch of lies is what they feed you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RSM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits