Sonic Drive-In

Sonic Drive-In Employee Reviews

Showing all 20,137 reviews

friendly environment, can get very busy

Very nice workers and management. Sometimes of the on weekends workers would call out or not show up and everyone would be forced to pick up the slack. The job can get very busy, but over its a great starting job.

Pros

great working environment

Cons

na

Great First Job

For any high schooler or wanting a part time job, this is the job for you. Great management and great employees. Worked here for about 8 months and it could exhausting but fun with great tips.

Pros

Very communicative, great hours

Cons

Exhausting

Alright job with a low pay.

You’re expected to always move around and be useful. Though Sonic is not a busy place you are to always be doing something, no breaks. The starting pay is $8.25 and the average hours worked per week is 25-30.

It fast food

Mornings are good, their schedule manager is great.And the customers are nice and tip well.Don't want to work after lunch because managers are lazy and won't get out on time or will give you all their work and barely any night staff won't get out on time. Will have to do stuff they say is not allowed in your entry pager work. Also they let other employees talk disrespectfully under their breath to you but when they say stuff back you're told to calm down.

Pros

Hours tips nices customers

Cons

Everything else

Bad from the start.

Training was horrible. Management has NO COMMUNICATION skills. Like literally will ignore employees who have complained. Has banned customers for complaining.

Good job for a high school student

Good pay plus tips long hours paid bi-weekly not an exclusive environment very stressful must be able to multitask and be able to count money correctly

Pros

Good money for a high school student

Cons

Long days no outside life

Great first job

Boss was amazing, job can be a little overwhelming and thankless at times. Overall the people are what make the job at the end of they. Would definitely recommend.

Not a bad place to work with decent pay but little hours

Not a bad place to work honestly. My Sonic specifically is rather tame in terms of phone usage and generally you aren't restricted as to what you can say in the back as long as it isn't heard by customers. I'm just tried of working fast food honestly.

Bad

Don’t Do it, its awful and a bad place, definitely not worth it. Everyone is clueless, get one day of training, filthy, all around just a terrible place. Stay away. even for a high school kid they don’t deserve this.

Over worked and under payed

My was always worried about the the hours and never put the right amount of workers on a shift. He also refused to give raise even I had been working there a whole year so I work for minimum wage but basically doing a job of a manger.

Pros

free food

Cons

over worked and under payed

What you'd expect of a fast food job

One or two "smaller" managers made everything decent. "Larger" managers were very rude. One of the cooks was very dramatic, quit and rehired a lot. Minimum wage. Worked me as much as they could while still being part-time. On your feet all day at your workstation, personally ended each day in quite a bit of pain due to that. Definitely not a good job, but not the worst.

Fast paced, hot, hectic, slow

Communication could use a lot of work. It's really boring when it's slow but when we are busy it takes a lot of strength to handle all of the customers and how busy it gets. It gets really overwhelming. If pay was 15 an hour it would be worth it more.

Both good and bad

The job itself was really good, the tips were amazing and it’s a really good starter job, however I wasn’t necessarily warned about the customer service side of it (in which the customers shouldn’t even be there in most cases). It could’ve been the store that I worked at but I was surprised I lasted that long there, and most people didn’t last longer then a month or two.

Great for high schoolers, management was tough.

During High School, working at Sonic was great and flexible with my schedule. Working in the fast-food industry was tough, and my pay heavily relied on tips. We do a lot of work and customer-service for not as much recognition or pay. Also the management team was spotty, so you needed to get on their good side.

Productive fast paced work environment

Sonic drive in is a good place even thoe it’s fast food there’s great opportunities. Your can reach the potential of being a store owner and make it into a career.

Pray you have chill managers

The sonic I worked at was terrible no breaks, minimum wage pay, and the managers wont help if they don't feel like it. We were always short-staffed because the manager was terrible and would make everyone quit.

Awful

Don’t work for this company. Worked there for a little over a month and wanted to quit my third day. The lack of training and management is very inefficient and that location overall is very unprofessional. I have seen numerous complaints by customers about the unprofessionalism and it’s all true. And don’t get me started about drama. DRAMA EVERYWHERE! Don’t work here!

Learn how to make different kind of burgers, get paid every 2 weeks

I got paid every 2 weeks, got to learn how to make different kind of burgers.Sonic is an alright job, but if you have a bad experience with heat and get hot fast and get heat flashes fast this job would not be for you.

I absolutely loved my customers and my employees that I was lucky enough to get to help become better every day!!

1. Come into a sub-par close from the night before and always playing catch up all day long while never leaving at a normal time.2. I learned to never count on a GM to remain loyal to you if it does not benefit them.3. Management was split...half were trying to do everything the right way and get things straight while the upper management was just not following through ande had no consistency or proper communication.4. The employees all got along for the most part, but favoritism never helps that.5. Hardest part of the job was pouring my heart and soul into everything to just be treated like i never contributed even after my home life had suffered for the sake of the store.6. The most enjoyable part of my job was having fun with my employees while still getting the job done along with my regulars!! Also, was super proud when I was complimented on how good of a job, I was doing by customers who were previously not happy with the business.

Loved the job

Great management to guide and train on day to day task. Always encouraging others and building a great place. Fast paced dune nvirnoment. I think it is a great place to start and maybe move up.

Stressful with Awful Customers

It's okay. Sometimes it's very busy, other times there's barely any people.Worst part about the job is that it's a tip reliant one in fast food. Also, the app's first tipping suggestion is just to round up, resulting in a huge amount of 10 cent tips. For the amount of work required, the pay is tiny.

Pros

Free drinks, coworkers (some)

Cons

Everything else, overstaffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sonic Drive-In. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits